Relaxed Ladies that still go to the salon...What are your Remedies?

BKfinest

I hope this isnt already out there.... I've read a lot about the natural ladies at home remedies, but what about us relaxed ladies that still go to the salon.

I'm 8 weeks stretching for 12... I go to the Salon every Thursday for a wash, deep conditioner( 20 mins under the dryer) and roller set. I just recently stopped her from blowing out my roots. I'm trying to stay away from the heat and deal with the helmet hair (puffiness)

my products that I switch up on are
Alter Ego Garlic Hair treatment ( love this to pieces stops breakage in its tracks):grin:
Silicon mix shampoo and conditioner
Miss key 10 in 1 shampoo and conditioner
JBCO on my scalp( just started so I'm waititng on results )
Fantasia IC Polisher Heat Protecter Spary ( when I was blow drying or flat ironing)
Organic Root Olive oil moisturizing lotion
trim when needed

I love to wear my hair down but I will start bunning and see how that works for me.

So what's yours?

I try not using any heat for 2 months after a fresh relaxer, then after that to manage the new growth I use the lowest possible heat. If I blow dry it will be on cool and flat iron on the 2nd lowest heat with heat protectant - chi silk infusion.

I wash weekly in braids -
prepoo with oils overnight (morning heating cap for 15 mins),
wash out with curls shampoo and a little conditioner,
protein treatment aphogee 2min reconstructor with a little conditioner (heating cap 30mins)
dc condition with selected conditioner and a ceramide wheat germ oil (heating cap 60 mins)
porosity control thoroughly throughout the hair with a little conditioner (5-10mins)
ACV rinse with a little conditioner

Leave-ins a little of the (conditioner from the wash, Aphogee Green Tea Keratin and protein leave-ins) and apply infusion 23 leave-in, NTM and chi silk infusion.
I will either air dry or blow dry (only on cool). If decide to flat iron only on 2nd lowest level.

So silky smooth and so light my hair is. I am now 15 weeks post.

I really don't have to add anything in the week to my hair. But I am paranoid for my ends so I add NTM and oil to seal to the ends. I got the swing kind of hair.
Of course about 3 days after my roots start thickening. But I will hold off and wash until the next wash day.

So this is what I do outside of a salon care. I give my hair better treatment than they ever would. I go to the salon for a relaxer touchup and rarely go for a wash and set.

I try not using any heat for 2 months after a fresh relaxer, then after that to manage the new growth I use the lowest possible heat. If I blow dry it will be on cool and flat iron on the 2nd lowest heat with heat protectant - chi silk infusion.

I wash weekly in braids -
prepoo with oils overnight (morning heating cap for 15 mins),
wash out with curls shampoo and a little conditioner,
protein treatment aphogee 2min reconstructor with a little conditioner (heating cap 30mins)
dc condition with selected conditioner and a ceramide wheat germ oil (heating cap 60 mins)
porosity control thoroughly throughout the hair with a little conditioner (5-10mins)
ACV rinse with a little conditioner

Leave-ins a little of the (conditioner from the wash, Aphogee Green Tea Keratin and protein leave-ins) and apply infusion 23 leave-in, NTM and chi silk infusion.
I will either air dry or blow dry (only on cool). If decide to flat iron only on 2nd lowest level.

So silky smooth and so light my hair is. I am now 15 weeks post.

I really don't have to add anything in the week to my hair. But I am paranoid for my ends so I add NTM and oil to seal to the ends. I got the swing kind of hair.
Of course about 3 days after my roots start thickening. But I will hold off and wash until the next wash day.

So this is what I do outside of a salon care. I give my hair better treatment than they ever would. I go to the salon for a relaxer touchup and rarely go for a wash and set.

This sounds good...I want to try that Chi Silk Infusion I've heard a lot about that...but what exactly is NTM?
I'm going to see how long I can stretch my relaxer before I go crazy over the puffiness from the new growth...I would like to do braids but I'm afraid of the pulling around my edges.. I'll figure it out.

Not sure if this counts as a 'remedy', but I don't let the stylist blow dry my hair. I go to the salon because my stylist gives AWESOME head massages when he shampoos my hair, and when he puts the conditioner in. Every now and again I'll let him DC me under the dryer. But 9 times out of ten I just have him wash and condish, then I leave the salon with a wet bun. I also use the shampoo and conditioner of my choice. I bring in my fav condish pre-mixed with my fav oils.

@BKfinest
NTM - is Neutrogena Triple Moisture silk touch leave-in cream - I love the stuff, it is so light on the hair and it feels so moist. I found that infusion 23 leave-in step 2 is really good too for my hair.

I wish I could add more to this thread but the only time I go to a salon now is for touchups or if I have to style hair for an event which is rarely,LOL.

I only go to the salon for TUs. I try stretching until 10-12 weeks. I find that salon hair practices don't meet my LHCF standards, thus its easier to just go to the salon for TUs only.

I only go to the salon for TUs. I try stretching until 10-12 weeks. I find that salon hair practices don't meet my LHCF standards, thus its easier to just go to the salon for TUs only.

I do exactly the same thing. I am also willing to pay a little extra and go to a top notch salon to get a touch up. The entire process is timed, to minimize burning and I'm constantly asked "how am I doing?" - the second I mention burning, I'm whisked off to the bowl, regardless of whether or not my hair is pin straight.

HIYA!! Thank you for the compliment. Below is what I posted in the hide your hair thread....HTH....if not, let me know.

My buns are not stuffed; it's all mine...:grin: the key to a juicy bun is to loosely fan the hair around. The tighter you fan the hair, the smaller the bun. The looser you fan the hair, the juicier the bun. My buns take on a whole new level of plumpness (is that word?) when I bun on curly hair after roller setting my hair.

Bun How To:

(1) Pony my hair using a cut up stocking slathered in condish. Right now I'm using NTM Silk Touch on the stocking because I'm trying to use this product up but normally I spritz the stocking with Scurl. Using a cut up stocking is not as harsh as a rubber band or some other type of elastic. The condish ensures the stocking doesn't dry out my hair and cause breakage.

(2) Loosely fan the hair around in a circle to create the look of a bun*

(3) Pin it down with goody pins
SBS-409000

*See the 1:50 mark. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HVJc2...eature=related to get a general idea of how my fan begins before I create the bun.

After the pony is in, I position my hair in a fanned out peacock looking style just like she has hers EXCEPT I don't use second rubber band/stocking/elastic of any kind to create my bun. Instead, I fan/wrap my hair around and around in a circular motion to form a bun.

If you can't wrap your hair into a bun, try this -- hold your hand in the center of the pony like she does at the 2:04 mark and then fan/wrap your hair around and around to form a bun.

I then put a hair net (can't forget this vital item) over the bun to keep it looking neat and secure the bun with pins (the pins are placed in the bun after the hair net is on).

SN: I only brush my hair to pull it up into a pony. I use a very soft bristle brush. I don't brush or comb the hair hanging like she shows in the vid. I use my hands only. Some days my bun is lumpy, but oh well...the hair net hides the imperfections.

I moisturize/seal daily. Moisturizer: Bee Mine Balanced Cream Moisturizer. :lick: Seal: Avocado oil. Right now I'm freshly TUd so the edges may be slightly deceiving but I use Bee Mine Curly Butter to lay down the edges - front and back. I love this stuff! :lick:

Does this help ladies? If not, perhaps I can get the dh to take step by step pics of how it's done 'cause I'm not ready to make a yt vid just yet. :nono:

Let me know if I didn't explain something good enough and I'll try again!

I believe I got the basics but the youtube link did not work. My friend does hers this way and she basically said you just swirl your hair around and secure versus the smoothing straight technique. This is what you are basically saying right? :)

HIYA!! Thank you for the compliment. Below is what I posted in the hide your hair thread....HTH....if not, let me know.

Back