Relaxed ladies who go to the salon

Napp

Ms. Nobody
How often do you go to the salon?

do you just go for touch ups or do you get it wash and set?
how often do you do either of these things? do you get anything else done?

i only wanted to go to the salon to get relaxers but the stylist who did my hair urged me to come back to get a treatment because i am newly relaxed. she also thinks i will jack up my hair because i told her about a few of my poor hair practices for the last few months:look:. i have good products at home, know how to rollerset and have a good dryer...but i dont want to pop in for my touch up and shes all like "where have you been?!"

I guess it just depends. my hair has always done best when under the care of a professional, so I go every 2 weeks....

I use to be salon dependent. Would go every 2 weeks faithfully. Now I go for TUs only which range anywhere from every 10 to 12 weeks.

I roller set almost weekly after I'm freshly touched up. Around 5 weeks post, I move to air drying to avoid the manipulation.

I usually go just for touch ups (every 3 or 4 months depending on my new growth). I am going to try to go every month, because I love how they do my hair, but they just use a lot of heat for me to go every 2 weeks.

I only go for touch-ups every 8-12 weeks. I do everything else on my own. My stylist NEVER asks where I have been or urges me to come in sooner. She knows that I stretch my relaxer and she encourages it (she is natural) and she never tries to embarrass me when I show up with crazy new growth. My hair is so tangly that sometimes I swear I have dreads when I show up:lachen:. I dont care though.

I think if I went in for a shampoo or something other than a touch up she would probably keel over in surprise.

I would suggest you find a stylist you are comfortable with and who will listen to you.

My stylist isn't cheap but I love her. I cannot stand people who try to embarrass or bully me into doing something they want.

Last edited:
I go to the salon if I'm bored with my current style. For example, I'm relaxing this weekend and will style at home. Two weeks from now, I'm going to the salon to get a straw set. Then two weeks later I'll get flexis. Or just go to use their steamer. But that's all I need a salon for is styling. I take care of everything else myself. And I'm picky too so I know they don't like me coming in messing everything up lol

Sent from my iPhone using LHCF

I love going to the salon. Im away at school now so I cant go to my regular one. But I see nothing wrong with going weekly. Alot of times they do have treatments that the general population would know nothing about because its only sold to people with licenses. Once I am back in my city I will be going weekly-biweekly.

I go to the salon for touch-ups, trims, or special occasions.

There are times when I don't feel like doing my own hair, so I'll go to this Dominican salon for a shampoo/set. It's cheaper than my main stylist and I don't have to worry about making an appt.

However, I will not go to any salon weekly or biweekly b/c they use too much heat, and I noticed that I retain more length when I take care of it myself.

I go for relaxers, trims, and a rinse... usually, all of which can be done in one shot. I'll go for an occassional wash n set. Most of my haircare however is left up to myself. I'm very particular about the products used in my hair and a bit too much of a control freak when it comes to my hair, so it's best I do it myself. I'm glad I can bring all of my products to the Dom salons b/c I do not like most products for my hair. If I found a salon that used quality cone free and sulfate conditioners and took extra time on my hair, I'd def treat myself once in a while.

I go weekly :ohwell: but the money is adding up, and i feel as though my wash stylist is just not gentle enough. I know I can do my own hair, but I get worried (lazy).

So I will go the my other for Touch ups and thats it. Im 4 weeks post, and will be washing and setting my hair at home. Around 5-weeks I will use the Sylver2 scarf method to decrease manipulation.

I go every 8 weeks for a touch-up, trim and style and for special occasions. I really couldn't see myself going anymore than that. I'm not too crazy about going in the first place.

Like most have mentioned, I only go for touch-ups, trims and the occ wash/set. I used a new stylist for my last t/u in June and I explained during the consultation that I wouldn't be a frequent client. She understood and didnt try to force anything on me. I will be returning to her for my next t/u.

I only go for touch ups every 2 1/2-3 months. I prefer the way I do my hair the best. Every stylist I've gone to likes to put too much oil on my hair.

I'm kind of a control freak about my hair now too, and I always leave the salon dissatisfied about SOMETHING, so I go as little as possible. Remember that your stylist makes their living by you and other customers coming in, so they have an incentive to get you in as often as possible. Maybe the 'treatments' would be good for your hair, who knows, but maybe it's also something you could do on your own.

I go an average of every 2 1/2 to 3 months, once for a relaxer touch up and once for a protein treatment two weeks after. At first this caused problems with my stylist, as I didn't have my regimen down yet and she would end up taking a lot of my hair during the touch up, which made us both unhappy. Now that I take much better care of my hair and I know how to prepare for my salon visit (detangle thoroughly and section before I go), things have gone much more smoothly and my hair is the better for it. My pocketbook is too! :yep:

Last edited:
I used to go weekly, until she tangled my hair so badly at 3 weeks post (last week) that I decided to wash my hair at home from now on. TU @ 3-4 months at another salon.

So I wash my own hair and guess what? It looks just fine and detangeling was a breeze on my texlaxed hair.

Sent from my MyTouch 4G

Back