Relaxed air dried texture

charmtreese

After viewing gym's air dried pic's and noticing how my own relaxed hair responds to air drying, I was wondering how much of your texture should remain after a relaxer?

Here is a pic of my air dried relaxed hair 10 weeks post. I consider myself relaxed not texlaxed.

http://public.fotki.com/Charmtreese...reams_of_bsl/april-08-june-08-ne/1000040.html

(if someone could paste the pic to this thread I would greatly appreciate it)

Does the amount of texture remaining after a relaxer tells you if you are texed or not?

Or is it the amount of time the relaxer stays on, regardless of the texture afterwards?

Currently I only touch-up 2-3 times a year with a lye relaxer at the salon, previous to that I was doing my own re-touches at home and I always underprocessed (I wouldn't even call that mess I was doing texing), however not intentionally.

To get a clearer picture of what air dried relaxed hair looks like can some 4(somethings) post your air dried relaxed hair pic's? THANKS!!!

Whimsy

i'm not sure if there is a certain specific percentage of relaxation that makes you texed or relaxed.... but your hair looks relaxed vs texed (in my opinion)

curlcomplexity

formerly qtslim83
My natural texture is 4a

Although, you really can't tell, I do still have a little wave to my hair when wet...however, I would still consider myself relaxed and not texturized. The pics are from last year.

Attachments

• P_00122-vi.jpg
    P_00122-vi.jpg
    32.8 KB · Views: 149
  • Picture144-vi.jpg
    Picture144-vi.jpg
    55.6 KB · Views: 113
  • Picture139-vi.jpg
    Picture139-vi.jpg
    46 KB · Views: 92
Last edited:

charmtreese

Whimsy-okay, so how do people determined if they are texlaxed rather than relaxed? I feel that my hair is relaxed normally, however this week was the first time that I air dried since being relaxed.

Qtslim83- I see, does it curl up at all or only waves?

Anky- and you're just plain ol'relaxed. Right?

Thanks ladies for your help!

JustKiya

After viewing gym's air dried pic's and noticing how my own relaxed hair responds to air drying, I was wondering how much of your texture should remain after a relaxer?

Here is a pic of my air dried relaxed hair 10 weeks post. I consider myself relaxed not texlaxed.

http://public.fotki.com/Charmtreese...reams_of_bsl/april-08-june-08-ne/1000040.html

(if someone could paste the pic to this thread I would greatly appreciate it)

curlcomplexity

formerly qtslim83
Whimsy-okay, so how do people determined if they are texlaxed rather than relaxed? I feel that my hair is relaxed normally, however this week was the first time that I air dried since being relaxed.

Qtslim83- I see, does it curl up at all or only waves?

Thanks ladies for your help!

Hi! It's just waves, no curls :yep:

Last edited:

gymfreak336

Charm, I think we are cousins :lol:

I think the degree of curl left is what makes you texlaxed or just "relaxed straight". I personally say relaxed straight because when you wet my hair, it falls completely silky straight. When I was more texlaxed, I actually had less pronounced wave and even when my hair was sopping wet, it didn't feel the same.

Angelicus

I am one of the few people that believe that when you put a relaxer on your hair, you're relaxed, regardless of how long you had it on. :lol: My hair just can't get straight. I hope that answers your question. HHG!

ladylibra

I think the degree of curl left is what makes you texlaxed or just "relaxed straight". I personally say relaxed straight because when you wet my hair, it falls completely silky straight. When I was more texlaxed, I actually had less pronounced wave and even when my hair was sopping wet, it didn't feel the same.

ITA. when i was "relaxed" my hair was never straight when wet... it still had a strong wave pattern just like it does now when my natural hair is sopping wet. since joining hairboards, i would consider myself "texlaxed" if i were still using those chems on my hair. i know very few people IRL who relax and have this problem... most of them have straight hair when wet and maybe a wave or curl here and there when it airdries.

MAMATO

ITA. when i was "relaxed" my hair was never straight when wet... it still had a strong wave pattern just like it does now when my natural hair is sopping wet. since joining hairboards, i would consider myself "texlaxed" if i were still using those chems on my hair. i know very few people IRL who relax and have this problem... most of them have straight hair when wet and maybe a wave or curl here and there when it airdries.

So do I. Even though I've been relaxing my head from root to tip for years, I still have a big curly poof when I airdry. I will never do that anymore since it seems to be a NO NO for healthy hair. But still I guess I'll have to leave with it in order to cut on the heat. Whenever I hear natural hair people saying that relaxed heads can't wear puff, I am like :lachen:I like my curls, but the thickness :wallbash:

nymane

Interesting...when I air dry I don't have any wave or curl pattern (only my nearly 5 months of ng has coils/waves) so I guess I'm bone straight

Chaosbutterfly

Transition Over
I think you're relaxed straight...I'm relaxed straight, and my hair never air dries straight. It's almost straight when wet, and if I let it air dry without stretching it, it gets puffy and frizzy, with lots of waves. I don't have a closeup of the texture, but I guess the picture gives a general idea of what it looks like.

Attachments

• August 2009.jpg
    August 2009.jpg
    98.3 KB · Views: 46

exoticmommie

My hair is very textured. And I am not texlaxed, as in I follow the time directions, and I never get bone straight, and I personally like it. My hair is wavy/kinda curly when air dried.

wet shot

and old air dried shot.

nymane

I think you're relaxed straight...I'm relaxed straight, and my hair never air dries straight. It's almost straight when wet, and if I let it air dry without stretching it, it gets puffy and frizzy, with lots of waves. I don't have a closeup of the texture, but I guess the picture gives a general idea of what it looks like.

My hair looks something like that...it definitely gets frizzy/puffy...but I don't have any coil/curl/wave definition

MizzCoco

My hair never dries straight. My ends were relaxed by a beautician, so i know I was fully processed. This pic shows my hair just about dry, I'm not really sure of my texture though, sorry its such a big pic...