Relaxed Heads: How many weeks post relaxer are you and when is your next touch up???

Re: Relaxed Heads: How many weeks post relaxer are you and when is your next touch up

I need to listen to myself and stop pushing it. Right now I'm one day post - relaxed yesterday (4/11/13) 14 weeks/1 day. My hair was a mess these last two weeks so at my current growth rate 12 weeks is the MAX if I'm wearing it out.

Next touch up will be in June (unless I weave it up for the summer). I'll decide later may do touch up June and then weave it up for the winter so by next spring I'll be close to WL.

Good news is I'm BSL on my short bra and my low bra and creeping up on MBL. I should be there before end of the year :grin:.

Ended up relaxing on July 18 at 14 weeks. Had to do a trim but I'm still scratching on MBL in places. Next relaxer will be in October unless I weave it up or wig it up for the fall/winter months. Leaning towards wigs so I can still wash and do a full reveal in the spring.

Re: Relaxed Heads: How many weeks post relaxer are you and when is your next touch up

6 weeks post. I scratched my head and reality set in. Its getting real in there. Im aiming for 13-16 weeks this time so Im bracing myself.

Hey ladies,

I am 8 weeks post and this is my usual time to relax. However, I'm trying to avoid it for another 12 weeks or transition.

What the blazes do I do to manage this new growth? I have one inch of NG all over and due to the biotin I took for just 2 weeks it's super thick and nappy. Any suggestions? I'm considering a keratin treatment but I'm worried about putting anything unnatural on my head right now. :(

Hey ladies,

I am 8 weeks post and this is my usual time to relax. However, I'm trying to avoid it for another 12 weeks or transition.

What the blazes do I do to manage this new growth? I have one inch of NG all over and due to the biotin I took for just 2 weeks it's super thick and nappy. Any suggestions? I'm considering a keratin treatment but I'm worried about putting anything unnatural on my head right now. :(

How long is your hair and what are you trying to do?

Please excuse my iPhone; it's trying to get it together

Just broke out the calendar and apparently I'm 22 weeks this Saturday. I contemplated taking out my crochet kinky twists and flat-ironing sooner than I intended (2 weeks from Saturday), however I may not do that after all, seeing how close I am. I may just take out the crochet twists, and either bun or wig for the next couple wigs, then just flat-iron when I relax.

Not sure if I'll do another 6 month stretch. I can do 4 to 4 1/2 months pretty easy. Each time I've done this long of a stretch I get the urge to chop it all off and go back natural.

Texlaxed, but still checking in.

I'm 10 weeks in and not even feeling it. I have new growth, but it's not bothersome. I think I'll stretch until after winter. One texlax a year seems to help me retain the most length.

Hey ladies,

Hey naija24....you were just featured on Just Grow Already (right?)... :grin: I'm Divachyk from Relaxed Thairapy. Anywho, tea rinsing, pre-pooing, dry DCing, DCing with honey or pre-pooing with honey, coconut milk rinses...those are a few softening options.

Last edited:

Almost 8 weeks post. But my hair is acting like it is 16 weeks post.

11wks strong tomorrow, hoping to resist until December while working these twist yaassss honey 5 months....
... but if there is too much breakage, knotting or dreading out comes the ORS and olive oil:look:

I don't have time for a senseless setback:nono:

Hey ladies,

Cowashing w/tresemme naturals works for me. Also AVG mixed into my DC's along with ayurvedic powders. Moisturizing with a water based product. Australian pink clay dc masque works well and she moisture ABS purification masque is nice too. I agree with Nix08 that tea and coconut milk rinses help to soften the hair and keep it hydrated.

ETA: I am 7 weeks post texturizer on saturday. Im shooting for a 15-16 week stretch this time. We will see

Last edited:

How long is your hair and what are you trying to do?

My hair is neck length. I'd like to get to full shoulder length. I know it's pretty short in terms of goals compared to others but that's all I want! I want straight hair. Curls and stuff don't fit my face.

Hey naija24....you were just featured on Just Grow Already (right?)... :grin: I'm Divachyk from Relaxed Thairapy. Anywho, tea rinsing, pre-pooing, dry DCing, DCing with honey or pre-pooing with honey, coconut milk rinses...those are a few softening options.

GASP GASP WOOOW. Yes, I was. It was like meeting Oprah. I was so flattered.

I can try coconut milk when I go shopping tomorrow. Tea rinsing is also an option. I hate sticky stuff so honey may be out.

My hair is soooooo thick, I love it. If anything, the thickness is what is keeping me from going into a salon right now. Plus, fear of salons now since being a member here as long as I have. If I can maybe I'll stretch it to next week. I'm still debating if I want to transition. I barely have patience for my new growth now, I can't imagine 2 years.

16 weeks post and counting.......

How many weeks post relaxer are you right now? -6 weeks

When is your next touch up? October

What relaxer will you use? Phytorelaxer Index I

Are you going to a salon or will you self-relax? Self relax in two sections.

GASP GASP WOOOW. Yes, I was. It was like meeting Oprah. I was so flattered.

I can try coconut milk when I go shopping tomorrow. Tea rinsing is also an option. I hate sticky stuff so honey may be out.

My hair is soooooo thick, I love it. If anything, the thickness is what is keeping me from going into a salon right now. Plus, fear of salons now since being a member here as long as I have. If I can maybe I'll stretch it to next week. I'm still debating if I want to transition. I barely have patience for my new growth now, I can't imagine 2 years.

naija24 stretching annoys me so I know I'm not ready to be natural. However, my stylist tells me having natural hair vs. relaxed with natural ng is no comparison. She said natural hair - one texture - is easier to manage than two textures - relaxed & natural ng. I'll take her word for it for now. You don't have to be salon phobic if you have a good stylist. Honey isn't sticky when mixed with conditioner. I heat the honey & conditioner together for 15-30 seconds then apply.

divachyk yeeeeeah, i'm over it. i'd like to transition. i'd get a lot of street cred from my friends who are all natural heads. but i'm really not a fan. if anything, i'll tell my stylist on Monday not to make my hair bone straight. I really like texture a lot. maybe i'll go a texlaxed route. But yeah, I reeeeally can't stand stretching right now.

It's not so much being salonphobic, but all of my setbacks in the past occurred because I went to a salon.

16 wks post and cruising right now, currently my stretch was cruising to 20 weeks post, but I may push a full 6 months. WHY NOT?! :yay:

My hair is neck length. I'd like to get to full shoulder length. I know it's pretty short in terms of goals compared to others but that's all I want! I want straight hair. Curls and stuff don't fit my face.

Girl, there is nothing wrong with the goal. Variety is the spice of life and not everyone prefers longs hair. How are you wearing your hair now. I know you had braids before, but what are you doing now to help with the stretch.

Does anybody relax at 8 weeks post?

I am 14 weeks post and have no idea when I will relax. I have a Creta wig that blends perfectly with my new growth so I am in no hurry.

Eta: this is my longest stretch in yrs.

I'll be relaxing my roots at 11 weeks post on 9/20
Currently 7 weeks post.

I'll be 8 weeks this Saturday. I think I will touch up by the end of the week and do my corrective at that time as well. I will clarify tonight and do a Aphogee 2 min tonight as well followed by a super duper DC to prepare my hair.

I will be 8 weeks post on Sat too Jobwright

I have more NG than usual (yay!!) but it seems too early for me. I really don't feel like styling it and Im supposed to be avoiding direct heat. Im sooo lazy lately!! I'll try to hold out until week 10.

I'm 9 weeks post and I'm getting my touch up today.

would it be rude if i just got a touch up and left the salon without getting any styling done? i feel like all my setbacks occurred when they started fooling around with my hair. No, woman, I don't want curls or whatever. I didn't ask you for a trim. All that nonsense. Just relax it, wrap it and let me go on my merry way.

Back