Relaxed Heads + Herbal Essences Shampoos?

Aireen

'Kay so I love Motions Professional Neutralizing Shampoo but I can't always get it right away when it runs out. I've been curious about HE shampoos, especially since they're available any and everywhere in big bottles. I know y'all love the conditioners for co-washing but I don't do all that. I want something that will leave my scalp clean and hair soft, not stripped; something that will be friends with my ng, not cause a fight.

My questions:

- Your fav HE shampoo?
- Does it leave your scalp clean and hair soft? For how long is your scalp clean?
- What about the conditioner counterpart, is it able to quickly soften hair?
- How does said favourite interact with your ng?
- Is the shampoo your staple?
- Anything else you wanna add.

Help me out please, I don't want to try any shampoo + conditioner set with a blind eye then come back here grumbling how I wasted money lol. I'm kind of curious about the new HE Honey I'm Strong so give me details if you've tried the shampoo. Thanks! Oh and happy new year, LHCF!

Last edited:
I tried the Hello Hydrations Line a whileeeeeee ago and I honestly don't remember the shampoo being that bad. I remember it cleansing very well, but it did leave a bit of a stripped feeling. OH and my hair didn't tangle.

Now that conditioner :nono:. Tangles, matting, NO SLIP!....It was just plain bad. However that was a while ago, so it may have improved over the years :).

I tried the Hello Hydrations Line a whileeeeeee ago and I honestly don't remember the shampoo being that bad. I remember it cleansing very well, but it did leave a bit of a stripped feeling. OH and my hair didn't tangle.

Now that conditioner :nono:. Tangles, matting, NO SLIP!....It was just plain bad. However that was a while ago, so it may have improved over the years :).
I'm NOT interested in that HE HH stuff so thanks for telling me, I will be avoiding that one. :grin:

I believe their shampoos are very drying and stripping. I love the conditioner Long Term Relationship but the shampoo is harsh. How about the Cream of Nature shampoo and conditioner combo? Its great! Very moisturizing!

I believe their shampoos are very drying and stripping. I love the conditioner Long Term Relationship but the shampoo is harsh. How about the Cream of Nature shampoo and conditioner combo? Its great! Very moisturizing!
I'm not a big fan of CoN, leaves a film on my hair and I want something easily accessible in my area aka drugstore quickie.

I'm not a big fan of CoN, leaves a film on my hair and I want something easily accessible in my area aka drugstore quickie.

Oooohhhh OK. Perhaps Tresemme Naturals or Garnier Fructis can be alternatives if no one suggests an HE shampoo. Their conditioners are great but I struck out on shampoos. Hope you find what you're looking for!

I think shorty2sweet59 uses and loves Suave shampoos they're also very cheap and very available. Try a YouTube search and you may find a few HH poo reviews. HTH

- Your fav HE shampoo? Hello Hydration
- Does it leave your scalp clean and hair soft? For how long is your scalp clean? Yes, it softens my hair as it is being rinsed how. My scalp stays pretty clean until I wash it again at the end of the week...then again, I use gel, moisturizer, and oil frequently throughout the week.
- What about the conditioner counterpart, is it able to quickly soften hair? Yes! The conditioner is very moisturizing, and it does not contain protein like many of the other Herbal Essences conditioners.
- How does said favourite interact with your ng? See above
- Is the shampoo your staple? No, the only thing I disliked about it was its artificial coconut smell. I grew very sick of it.

- Your fav HE shampoo? Hello Hydration
- Does it leave your scalp clean and hair soft? For how long is your scalp clean? Yes, it softens my hair as it is being rinsed how. My scalp stays pretty clean until I wash it again at the end of the week...then again, I use gel, moisturizer, and oil frequently throughout the week.
- What about the conditioner counterpart, is it able to quickly soften hair? Yes! The conditioner is very moisturizing, and it does not contain protein like many of the other Herbal Essences conditioners.
- How does said favourite interact with your ng? See above
- Is the shampoo your staple? No, the only thing I disliked about it was its artificial coconut smell. I grew very sick of it.

Thanks for the reply! Hm... I'll rethink my dismissal of HE HH.

I've never used their shampoo before but I hear they are coming out with a new sulfate free line this year so you may want to watch out for that...

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2012/...uce-old-bottles-scents-clairol_n_2375049.html

Ahh I remember those so well, the scent of those was very fresh and clean, not overly sweet and clogging as I can imagine the new HH products are. Thanks for telling me, I've always liked the smell of the pink one.

I'm not familiar with HE, but I used to love the Pantene Relaxed and Natural line. It was all I used for several years and I got really good results, but then a while ago I couldn't find it anymore. Well I was in Target during Christmas season and they had some. I'm hoping it's just as good as I remember. I'm on a no-buy for hair products right now. So I plan to get some when I use up my remaining shampoo. Here is a link to check it out: http://www.pantene.com/en-US/hair-care-collections/relaxed-natural.aspx or http://www.target.com/p/pantene-25-4floz-rn-moist-sh/-/A-13963560#prodSlot=medium_1_19

Back