Relaxed Hair Thread

iLurk

my bday is at the end of the month. sometimes i wish i had a late birthday so i can stay the same age a little bit longer. ive been going through the typical what have i done with my life mini midlife crisis that comes with a new age set. sigh

ItsMeLilLucky

NotLucky no mo' just blessed.
* whispers * I'll be 30 next year. I'm actually kind of excited about my gray hair. If the one I have now is getting me ready for what's to come, then I will have some strong hair. You know what that means: Retention! Lol, silver lining and such.

KaramelDiva1978

iLurk sunnieb This really makes me feel better. :yep: :kiss: I told my daddy earlier that Im old and he told me to shut up :look:

This is hilarious!! My birthday is in two days and basically, sunnieb and I could be sisters!! That means I am "63" having a baby because I get to go to Maternal Fetal for appointments and "AMA" is written by name. You know what that is? Advanced Maternal Age, ain't that about a blip?!!!!! Really? That's what 36 looks like.

So to the younger ladies, I'd gladly trade ages with you. If you've changed your mind, then in my Nene Leakes voice, "Girl bye!" Enjoy your age and make it look and feel fabulous. I know I am! I'll be "turning up" my apple juice on Monday like bring it 37. Lolol!

beloved1bx

I know honey. My bestie is the same way! My gray hairs are in my eyelashes.

I'll be 28 this month and I got a grey eyelash last spring. It annoys me. I also have like 3 grays in my temple but I think taking cod liver oil must be turning them back to their natural color. Only the ends are gray as those hairs have grown over the last year.

iLurk

i caught a couple of gray hairs in the back of my head and i was like :perplexed but i do remember my sister complaining about finding grays when she was around this age so i guess its normal to start experiencing them around this time for me.

SuchaLady

Headed to TJ Maxx in a few to get more Joico :look: think I'm going to do a crinkly bun tomorrow for my birthday. No blow drying this week.

divachyk

Instagram: adaybyjay
SuchaLady you're too kind. I'll be 37. I'm unsure what I'm gonna do. And you? Eta: happy early bday.

KarmalDiva1978 I'm without child so yeah, if I ever, I'll be rated out too. My cousin just delivered at 40 and was considered high risk. I'm truly offended by AMA. :look: eta: happy belated bday.

Happy belated to TayMac and anyone I missed.

Last edited:

SuchaLady

divachyk Youre gonna be a fabulous 37 with awesome hair! And thank you! I have nothing planned but my besties and boo will probably drag me out this weekend but tomorrow Im only going to class :lol:

missyrayne19

^^^ I used the macadamia deep repair mask. It's funny because my hair hated that conditioner as a deep condition but when used as a co-wash? Love at first sight. But that sucker cost me 30+ dollars, ain't no way I'm repurchasing again just to co-wash with when my 5 dollar conditioners work just as well, if not better

missyrayne19

So I'm curious ladies. When you do styles that leave texture/curls in your hair (like bantu knots or braid outs) do you ever get mistaken for natural?? Because I do. Every. Single. Time. It's mostly with customers or my co-workers and no matter how I try to explain otherwise, they still don't get it. It leaves me frustrated sometimes. Relaxed hair doesn't have to be straight all the time and no matter how I try to explain this to people, they just don't listen

iLurk

^ People always mistake me for natural even when i just let my hair air dry like in the avi. i dont even bother trying to reason with people about it anymore. i just nod my head like im really listening whenever they say something about hair but really just let it pass through 1 ear and out the other cause i know they already made up their minds and im not gonna let them annoy me.