Relaxed Hair Thread

iLurk

yea you guys are lucky. as for me i'm too scared to stop basing. im still emotionally scarred from the times my scalp used to cook getting a touchup :nono:

Evolving78

I've had a huge jar (the one with the pump) for more than a year and just started using it consistently. I think it's going to be my winter moisturizer, too.
it's not super thick! Like you can rub it in and it's not greasy or heavy. It soften my hair and just didn't sit on top.

Evolving78

That stuff is protein, I believe. I stayed away from it as a natural. Get out your moisturizer!
yeah I know. I don't need protein like that anyway, so I'm just going to throw it out. No sense in keeping it around. I will use another moisturize and I'm washing my hair tomorrow.

MzSwift

That's good. I get a little nervous for ladies when I hear about possible protein issues. Glad you caught it in time to correct it.

I do like to keep a little protein leave in on hand to rub in every week or so. I thought protein was good for relaxed hair. I've been using Infusium since I've started the HHJ to add in some when needed. It's been good to my relaxed hair too. I've remembered that Cantu to be a pretty heavy protein so I was always too scared to try it.

Evolving78

That's good. I get a little nervous for ladies when I hear about possible protein issues. Glad you caught it in time to correct it. I do like to keep a little protein leave in on hand to rub in every week or so. I thought protein was good for relaxed hair. I've been using Infusium since I've started the HHJ to add in some when needed. It's been good to my relaxed hair too. I've remembered that Cantu to be a pretty heavy protein so I was always too scared to try it.
yeah I got it together! Thanks for looking out! I used it a lot last year. It wasn't the best then either. I feel like washing my hair today, but I'm going to wait to get back on my schedule.

sunnieb

I need to do a protein dc tonight, but I want to decorate! :)

Meh, I'm just feeling hair lazy again.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using LHCF

xu93texas

I didn't take the time to thoroughly detangle my hair after taking down my cornrows. I know better than this. That's a no-no especially at 21 weeks post. I think I'm done.

Sent from my iPad using LHCF

MzSwift

I didn't take the time to thoroughly detangle my hair after taking down my cornrows. I know better than this. That's a no-no especially at 21 weeks post. I think I'm done.

Sent from my iPad using LHCF

Oh no, done with what?! Don't do it, Ms. Celie!

Maybe you can slap a wig on while you slowly detangle in sections. I agree with adding oil for slip as opposed to something water based. GL!

quirkydimples

I moisturized my hair this morning and it feels better.
I don't use cantu alone. I put a little on at night (focus on the ends), spray my hair with Taliah Waajid Protective Mist Bodifier and seal with Taliah's oil (mostly the ends). Then I place a plastic conditioning cap, followed by a sleep bonnet on my head. That's my routine 4-5 nights out of the week unless I'm wearing my hair down.

Edit: Before I rediscovered Cantu, I was using Shea Moisture C&H curl and style milk. I think Cantu is working so far because I use the GHE method; my hair is always super moisturized in the morning. If I weren't doing that, then Cantu might cause a problem.

Last edited:

xu93texas

Oh no, done with what?! Don't do it, Ms. Celie! Maybe you can slap a wig on while you slowly detangle in sections. I agree with adding oil for slip as opposed to something water based. GL!

I'm Ok now. Thanks!

I managed to get through by mixing my jbco mix with my DC.

Babygrowth

Thx ladies for your input. With no lye I wouldn't dare because I always burn but with this Mizani mild butter blends I'm seriously considering. Maybe instead of double basing (the night before and the day of) I will just lightly base my scalp.