Relax + Semi-permanent color =

KAT25

Okay, Ladies
I need help
Yesterday, I permed my hair with ORS NO-Lye then put a semi permanent color on my hair well after that the ends of my hair felt really hard and the roots of my hair was silky soft but my hair was thick at the ends but it doesn't feel soft. I deep conditioned with ORS Replenish Pack and under the dryer for 15 min and used HE LTR and my hair on the ends feel really thick and ruff. I don't know my last relaxer was 8 weeks ago and I used ORS Lye Relaxer and it didn't do nothing but make my hair look dull. I just want to know what I can do with my hair and if I can wash it yet and what can I do with it, If I can wash it I was thinking about DC and just doing CO-washes for the next week or two but IDK... please help
Thanks

Soul♥Flower

If semi-permanent is the same as a rinse or gloss then yes. You can do both on the same day.

ETA: sorry I didn't read your post. I wonder if you used the semi-permanents that come in the box at the grocery store? Those still deposit color and I believe that they also have ammonia in it. That is the only thing I can think of that could explain this. Maybe you should baby your hair and give it some time?

Last edited:

KAT25

If semi-permanent is the same as a rinse or gloss then yes. You can do both on the same day.

ETA: sorry I didn't read your post. I wonder if you used the semi-permanents that come in the box at the grocery store? Those still deposit color and I believe that they also have ammonia in it. That is the only thing I can think of that could explain this. Maybe you should baby your hair and give it some time?

this one had no ammonia or peroxide

I will thank you

Lovelylocs

Did u deep condition before u neutralized?

It seems to me like maybe the rinse sealed the cuticle or at least coated the cuticle so much that the deep conditioner couldn't penetrate.

ETA: Well, it depends on what you mean by "thick ends". Your hair could be overprocessed. But don't worry. Some protein treatments will get you back into shape.

Last edited:

Soul♥Flower

no I didn't get any relaxer n the end, and the color was Adore brand

Oooh, the adore brand. I know exactly what you're talking about. Yeah that stuff does make your hair a little straw like (though not as much as Colorshines). Just moisturize your situation and don't pull and tug on it too much. It will go back to normal. Usually, my hair returns to normal after the next wash and condition (I wash 2x/wk)

Lovelylocs

Sorry. I edited my post while you were posting, I guess.

I deep condition before I neutralize w/a moisturizing reconstructor like Affirm 5 in 1. Then, I deep condition w/a moisturizing treatment after I neutralize too.

KAT25

Oooh, the adore brand. Yeah that stuff does make your hair a little straw like (though not as much as Colorshines). Just moisturize your situation and don't pull and tug on it too much. It will go back to normal. Usually, my hair returns to normal after the next wash and condition (I wash 2x/wk)

thank you so much!!! I thought something was wrong with my hair.

Soul♥Flower

thank you so much!!! I thought something was wrong with my hair.

Your welcome, that happens when I do a color rinse on freshly relaxed hair, I don't know why the ends get so stiff. Actually, your hair might start to feel more normal after it's dry.
Jadore is still a good brand though. One of the better ones because it makes your hair so shiny and the colors come out so rich. I think it's better than Jazzings.

KAT25

Sorry. I edited my post while you were posting, I guess.

I deep condition before I neutralize w/a moisturizing reconstructor like Affirm 5 in 1. Then, I deep condition w/a moisturizing treatment after I neutralize too.

I see where my problem is I didn't dc first I just did it after and I was using a ton of conditioner and it didnt seem like nothing was helping