What are your favorite Paul Mitchell products and why?

Diva_Esq

Recently, I have fallen in love with Paul Mitchell The Conditioner as a cowash and sometimes as a leave-in. I am not the most pleased with its scent (kind of like old school hair grease), but the conditioning it gives my hair is amazing! Yesterday, I took advantage of Ulta's buy 2 get 1 free sale and grabbed a bottle of Paul Mitchell The Detangler to try for my free item. This morning, I cowashed with PMTC and used PMTD as my leave-in. My hair feels sooooo soft right now! :drool: It is shiny and well mositurized! Both are keepers for me.

Anyway, I thought to start this thread because I only really used Paul Mitchell products before when I was flat ironing...their serums, etc. Wondering if PM products are a staple in anyone else's regimen? I know MahoganyCurls uses PMTC as her leave-in for WnG's...anyone else? What are your favs and WHY?

My favs:

Paul Mitchell The Conditioner- detangles, good slip, moisturizing, versatile (can use as cowash or leave-in).
Paul Mitchell The Detangler- detangles, moisturizing, gives great shine, light weight, softening.
Paul Mitchell Super Skinny Serum- helps with taming my hair during blow drying without weighing down my flat ironed hair afterward.
Paul Mitchell Gloss Drops- nice sheen/shine for flat ironed hair without weighing down.

outspokenwallflower

This past weekend I used the Paul Mitchell Awapuhi Wild Ginger line. I loved it. My hair felt so soft but strong. The SLS-free shampoo was moisturizing, the Intense treatment made my hair feel SO GOOD, the cream rinse was a lovely, moisturizing finishing touch and the styling oil adds silkiness and a pretty sheen. I'm excited to see what these products will do for my hair long-term.

I love the PM Super Skinny Serum and the PM The Conditioner. Aside from Tresemme Naturals conditioner w/ Aloe and my Joico protein, those are the only products I use on my hair.

ETA: I forgot to add that I love how moisturized and silky they make my hair feel.

Last edited:

cutenss

I, too love PMTC. I took advantage of the liter sales this past summer, and bought two. You do not need to use a lot. So I am sure I will have enough until the next liter sale. But I have never used it for a co-wash. I just use it as a leave-in. I guess it is because I am a Wen girl. Had it not been for Mahogany Curls from YT, I would have never tried it. Now I want to try The Detangler :yep: I wonder if Ulta has that 2 for 1 deal in my area.

BlaqBella

Another vote for the PM Super Skinny Serum...PM The Conditioner has just been okay for me. Might have to revisit at some point. The Super Skinny makes my flat-ironed natural hair super soft and shiny.

IDareT'sHair

PJ Rehabilitation Center
Haven't used these in forever, but when I used Paul Mitchell I loved:

The Conditioner - Excellent Leave-In
Foaming Pomade - Kept flyaways down and kept hair light & bouncy

I have "Hair Repair" in my Stash, but haven't used/tried it.

kellistarr

I've tried quite a few of Paul Mitchell products with good results. Some of my favorites are: The Cream- a very nice styler that provides many things amongst them shine and a light hold. Wax Works- sleekness, shine, control and hold; Slick Works is good too, the shine is super, my hair is a bit thick for this, so I mix it with Wax Works. The Conditioner- I use this as a detangler, The Detangler as a leave-in, Tea Tree Shampoo when I want to stimulate my scalp. The Foaming Pomade is also a favorite; applied to wet hair-no touching until dry, otherwise makes my hair a tad fuzzy. A great definer.

BillsBackerz67

I'm still 50/50 about "The Conditioner" I think I'd like it better if it didn't have glycerin in it. That's the only PM product I've tried

darlingdiva

Paul Mitchell Super Skinny Serum

In the summer, I rub a little bit of it over sections of my twists before unraveling them for a twistout.

mscece1

Hot off the press is the best heat protector ever and Baby Don't Cry is a great shampoo for babies its tear free too. Both are PM products.

Fab_Nikki

I also use The Conditioner as a leave in and I LOVE it!!!

I didn't like the Detangler. I didn't see that it did anything for me.

blessedandlucky

More praise for the conditioner as a leave in. I also love super charged moisturizer conditioner.

Sent from my iPhone using LHCF

SophieDulce

I love paul mitchell ¨the conditioner¨as my leave in for my wash n go´s t but i just found out it has parabens, so its on it way out there door. Any reccomendations for a new leave in on this leve¨???? protein free please

Kimlyb

Diva_Esq said:
Recently, I have fallen in love with Paul Mitchell The Conditioner as a cowash and sometimes as a leave-in. I am not the most pleased with its scent (kind of like old school hair grease), but the conditioning it gives my hair is amazing! Yesterday, I took advantage of Ulta's buy 2 get 1 free sale and grabbed a bottle of Paul Mitchell The Detangler to try for my free item. This morning, I cowashed with PMTC and used PMTD as my leave-in. My hair feels sooooo soft right now! :drool: It is shiny and well mositurized! Both are keepers for me.

Anyway, I thought to start this thread because I only really used Paul Mitchell products before when I was flat ironing...their serums, etc. Wondering if PM products are a staple in anyone else's regimen? I know MahoganyCurls uses PMTC as her leave-in for WnG's...anyone else? What are your favs and WHY?

My favs:

Paul Mitchell The Conditioner- detangles, good slip, moisturizing, versatile (can use as cowash or leave-in).
Paul Mitchell The Detangler- detangles, moisturizing, gives great shine, light weight, softening.
Paul Mitchell Super Skinny Serum- helps with taming my hair during blow drying without weighing down my flat ironed hair afterward.
Paul Mitchell Gloss Drops- nice sheen/shine for flat ironed hair without weighing down.

Diva_Esq after reading your post I went out and purchased PM The Conditioner and used it as a co wash and leave in and let me tell you my hair is so soft. This is going to be my co wash from now on. To be honest my hair feels and looks better than it did after I used WEN.. I'm also going to try the Detangler, and Super Skinny Serum. Thank you so much for advice.

Sent from my iPad using LHCF

koolkittychick

I love PM products; I have been using the line since I started going to my current salon four years ago, and it has helped me go from breaking off shoulder length to shiny, healthy MBL as a relaxed girl (I even use their relaxer--best results I ever had from any brand).

I currently use the Awapuhi Ginger line plus the Super Skinny serum, and they are the anchors of my regimen. I wash once a week with the Moisturizing Lather shampoo from that line, followed by the Keratin Intensive Treatment conditioner. Then I use my moisturizer (this one) followed by the Super Skinny Serum, then seal with this Shea Moisture oil, and that's it. My hair is moisturized, shiny and oh so flowy, even when I airdry--and strong, which is why I have been able to grow almost 6 inches of hair in the last year alone.

They are not cheap (I buy them from my salon, which uses/sells them exclusively), but they are so worth the money based on the results I have gotten from them and the tips/techniques I have picked up from LHCF. :grin:

Saludable84

Better Late Than Ugly
Shampoo one is great for chemically treated hair though id recommend it for anyone. It's the best sulphate shampoo I've ever used. I started after giving up on finding a good sls-free poo.

Sent from my iPhone using LHCF