Rebraiding Hair Perimeter

Cheleigh

By measurement, I have anywhere from 1/2" to 3/4" of new growth since I got my extended twists almost 4 weeks ago. I would like to keep them in for another 4 weeks, but I think it's recommended that I get the perimeter rebraided (not to mention that it's going to look like I'm going for the dred look in a minute because my new growth is fluffy :) ).

I have never done this before, so I'm looking for recommendations and advice:
1. When I take down the hair, what should I do? Do I comb out, wash, condition the hair or do I just take them down and head back to the braiders? What if I'm not sure how much they will be rebraiding?
2. I will not go back to the braider that did the style initially (long story). I stopped by a braiding salon on the way to work this morning, and asked her the cost for perimeter braiding. She said they would braid the hairline and as much of the crown as necessary so that they looked like fresh braids. She said they charge $55-70 for the process. Is that reasonable? (I'm not being cheap, just trying to gauge, I do want to keep these in another 4 weeks).

Thank you for any help you can offer.

HoneyDew

When I do it, I wash and condition the part that is unbraided. I have gone to the shop for a braid touch up right after work so that they can do it. They never wash it when they retouch :ohwell: . I don't like that at all.