Really confused about oils.

QuietlyLoud

Hello everyone. I've been lurking around here for a while now but this is my first post.:) I have a question that I just can't figure out. Does the hair/scalp absorb oil or do oils only seal?:confused: I've read old post saying, well, both.:perplexed TIA.

Hello and welcome. It all depends on YOUR hair. Some people will argue you down the oils moisturize their situation, while others don't like oils, or say that oils only seal. Personally I say experiment with different oils and see what you hair likes and how they like them.

Start off cheap though:lol: . Anyways good luck and happy hair growing.

QuietlyLoud said:
Hello everyone. I've been lurking around here for a while now but this is my first post.:) I have a question that I just can't figure out. Does the hair/scalp absorb oil or do oils only seal?:confused: I've read old post saying, well, both.:perplexed TIA.

Mine does both. I use my Dabur Amla Lite oil to seal in the hair's moisture but I also use it on my scalp, and I know my scalp soaks it up.

I use oil on my ends and on my scalp (different oils). But on my scalp, it's less about absorption and more about preventing moisture from escaping. I say this because absorption through the skin depends on the solubility of the oil and the duration of contact, as well as other factors.

Skin does and can absorb things (after all, it what's it made to do, sort of).

Oh okay so it depends on the person/oil/intent. Looks like I'm gonna have to do a lot of experimenting to see what my hair and scalp absorb and what just sits up there.

QuietlyLoud

Sometimes it is hard to find information via search so I opied this link to email because I was confused about oils thank goodness for the ladies here coming to my rescue.

Back