RAVE: Peppermint Oil Added to my Shampoo

Cincysweetie

I just wanted to rave about how much I LOOOOOOOVE adding a few drops of peppermint oil to my shampoo prior to lathering. I love the sensation of a tingling scalp. It feels so much cleaner (I think that's psychological) and my scalp loves it. I really think I'm addicted to the sensation! :lol: Anyway, I also really like the minty smell, but if you don't like the smell of mint it may be overwhelming for you. It is also good to add to pre-poo treatments and H.O.T.s. Anyone else a fan of peppermint oil?

**Reminder for those who may try this...use only a few drops at a time (I use any where from 4-6 drops in a lather) and be careful not to let the shampoo suds run down into your eyes...the added peppermint oil could cause some burning and eye irritation if some gets into your eyes.

Healthb4Length

I'm a big fan of adding peppermint oils to my shampoos and conditioners, I love the sensation too!;) A really good product to try is UBH's deep treatment that stuff is awesome, especially when you apply it with heat...need I say more:)

Peachtree

I :love: :love: a tingling scalp. I've never thought of adding peppermint oil to my poo (( where have I been, lol )). I've been using tingling conditioners & :love: 'em. GOTTA add this oil to my poo! That's a MUST!!!

MizAvalon

Cincy, do you just pour the shampoo in your hand and add the peppermint oil drops to that? Also, where do your get you peppermint oil from?

Cinnabuns

My staple is Castille Soap with Peppermint oil added from TJ's (Trader Joe's) and I just love it. It cleans my hair well without stripping it and my scalp just loves it. :)

Cincysweetie

MizAvalon said:
Cincy, do you just pour the shampoo in your hand and add the peppermint oil drops to that? Also, where do your get you peppermint oil from?
Yes, I pour some in my hands and then put some drops into that...then I rub it together and lather up. Sometimes if I don't feel I've added enough drops, I'll add some plain to my hands and then massage into the scalp.

I get mine from a local healthy living store called Susan's Natural World. The brand is called NOW, it comes in a dark bottle with a purple label. I believe it was around $4.99 for their smaller size.

Tee

Cincysweetie said:
Yes, I pour some in my hands and then put some drops into that...then I rub it together and lather up. Sometimes if I don't feel I've added enough drops, I'll add some plain to my hands and then massage into the scalp.

I get mine from a local healthy living store called Susan's Natural World. The brand is called NOW, it comes in a dark bottle with a purple label. I believe it was around $4.99 for their smaller size.

I have some of this. I will try it at my next wash. Thanks for the tip. I love that tingling scalp feeling also.

Sharpened

A fleck on His Sword
I have been thinking about using this as a way to make sure whatever product I use is touching the scalp...time for eBay...

kbody4

I like to take a Q-tip and put 2-3 drops of peppermint oil and massage it all over my scalp, especially the hair line after it's been washed :)

sky_blu

I love the tingling peppermint oil gives you. Maybe it is psychological but my scalps feel so much better afterwards.

Sweetcoco82

I am going to have to get some of this. I told myself i wasn't going to buy anything new. But i guess this wont be bad. I'll be using it with my exsisting products, lol. :lol:

Reece1337

I assume that everyone is using either a diluted version or peppermint oil in a carrier oil because the kind I have (100% pure) which says you should dilute in a ratio of 10-15 drops to about 1 oz of liquid. Applying directly may cause skin irritation. Just want to make sure everyone is using properly to avoid injury. It's also not recommended for use by pregnant woman. Check out this website.. http://www.nlm.nih.gov/medlineplus/druginfo/natural/patient-peppermint.html