Raised Bumps!! Please Help!!!

Newtogrow

My son loves wearing cornrows, however, I am new at braiding his hair. I pulled the nape of his neck so tight that he has raised bumps on the back of his neck. He says they hurt- and they look very painful- but he loves his cornrows so much he neglected to tell me until it was time for me to redo them (A week later!)

I know some of you ladies have had your braids too tight before and had this delimna. What can I put on his neck to help? They resemble razor bumps. Oooh:sad:! The look so painful:wallbash: !

PLEASE HELP!!!!!!

ajargon02

My son loves wearing cornrows, however, I am new at braiding his hair. I pulled the nape of his neck so tight that he has raised bumps on the back of his neck. He says they hurt- and they look very painful- but he loves his cornrows so much he neglected to tell me until it was time for me to redo them (A week later!)

I know some of you ladies have had your braids too tight before and had this delimna. What can I put on his neck to help? They resemble razor bumps. Oooh:sad:! The look so painful:wallbash: !

PLEASE HELP!!!!!!

Well this sounds to me like the start of some traction alopecia!! BECAREFUL not to pull so tight round the nape and hairline. You can get a clean look w/out pulling so tight. Next time try "misting" the nape & hairline with a distilled water,jojoba oil mix and you can get a clean look w/out pulling so hard. As far as the bumps, try taking a cotton ball with witch hazel and clean the area completely first. Then apply a little neosporin till it's healed and next time DON'T DO IT SO TIGHT :wallbash: hth:spinning:

Newtogrow

Witch hazel-gotcha!:yep:
Neoporin-gotcha!:spinning:

Not doing it so tight :nono: Chile, you know I didn't know what I was doing:blush:. I have a boy! He's 11!

Spritz!-gotcha!:drunk:

Thanks Ajargon02!!!!!!!!!!!! I just love the smilies!

Last edited: