R U Looking for a good grease/creme????

Netta1

I found it check it out here

http://www.walgreens.com/store/product.jsp?CATID=100319&id=prod1083831#

this grease/cream (it looks like a cream but smooths out like grease) is really nice the smell is yummy (kinda fruity) and best of all it contains no petroleum or mineral oil.....check out the ingredients!

And for $3.49........not bad at all......

oh did I mention it contains black pepper???? I don't know why but I thought that might have something to do with stimulating growth???

Anyway its a good buy IMO! Try It!

krissyprissy

Thanks for the info, I was in the market for a new hair grease that stimulate growth as soon as my sulfur 8 runs out.

MonaLisa

I'm feeling the ingredients. I'm down to cop a jar. Thanks for the info.

Ingredients
Soybean Oil , Hydrogenated Coconut Oil , Hydrogenated Vegetable Oil , Microcrystalline Wax , Fragrance , Propylparaben , Phenyltrimethicone , Olive Oil , Rosemary Leaf Extract , Ginseng Root Extract , Avocado Fruit Extract , Horsetail Extract , Hydrolyzed Soy Protein , Lanolin Oil , Black Pepper , Corn Oil , BHA , BHT , D&C Green No. 6 , D&C Violet No. 2

CLASSYEBONYGIRL

I just started using this hair oil and I love it so far:love:. I think it was recommended my Miracle if I am not mistaken. If I gain a good amount of growth from using it I will not be purchasing Sulfer8 anymore.

nolechik

FSU Alumni/Grad Student
Netta....Oh Netta....I'm trying NOT to be a PJ! Guess I'm off to Walgreens tomorrow. I'm curious...what does it smell like?

MeccaMedinah

The ingredients look great :up: I may try this. Thanks Netta.

ximenia

Sorry to disappoint but this product contains Microcrystalline Wax which is just another name for paraffin which is derived from crude mineral oil.

Britt

Yesterday i bought the detangling shea butter moisturizer lotion. I washed my hair last night and used some as a leave in, I liked it though I think it would work much better on my hair when it is dry/damp. I like that it isn't oily. I just may look into this grease :grin:

Netta1

ximenia said:
Sorry to disappoint but this product contains Microcrystalline Wax which is just another name for paraffin which is derived from crude mineral oil.

Thanks for that info! Its interesting and something I didn't know, anyhow this is what I found on Microcrystalline Wax
http://www.fao.org/docrep/w6355e/w6355e0m.htm, now my next question is Petroleum wax different from petroleum????? Hmmm How so??

BTW. theres a lot of info about it on the web. I don't understand some of the chemistry behind these long ingredient names.... because I'm not a chemist. lol. Theres alot to be learned.....plenty of definitions, plenty of research could be done....

......I wonder is microcrystalline wax harmful, I don't want to assume it is.... I hope not, nevertheless my hair likes the grease/cream and I have not had any problems with it so far.... we'll see. I do understand that not everything works for everybody though. Some people do just fine with products that others shun.

any chemist in the house???? any waxologist in the house??? Ok...I was just asking! LOL

Oh and I forget who asked about the smell, but it smells fruity to me

Last edited:

Godsway

Do they actually sell the grease in Walgreens? I have been to three different ones looking for it and they say they don't sell it. I was going to order it online but w/ shipping and handling it will be $10 not the cheaper bargain of getting it in the store. Do you know of any other places that sell it?

Iluvsmuhgrass

Dang it!!! I just left Walgreens then I saw this thread!!!! Guess I'mma hafta go back and pick up a jar. I'm tried not to be a PJ..... :(