Suggestion Quote Notifications (without mentions)

ezina

I'm not sure if this has been brought up already but it seems as though it would be more intuitive if the board were to send a notification (to the quoted member) each time someone quotes you - even without a mention. Perhaps something like that should be set up?

Last edited:

anon123

That might be a lot of emails, but the base of the idea I can get with. Like on Ravelry. When you quote someone, when you sign on and go to the forums section, there is a list of all the replies to your specific posts. Then you can click the links and go directly to the replies.

faithVA

I like this idea as well. Unless I remember to go back to a thread, I don't see replies to my post. And quite a few people don't use the mention. Would be nice if there were a button that combined the quote and mention feature.

MsAminta

I agree! I usually don't go back to the threads I comment on. Hence, the request for people to mention me that I placed in my signature.

Aireen

I like mentions but they don't always work or sometimes are quite buggy so having quote notification as well as mentions would be ideal.