911 Emergency Hair Treatment Leave-In Conditioner, 'Original' Liquid Formula

renee_n_3000

Does anyone have an opinion on this product? I put "original" in quotes because even though it says that on the bottle, it can't truly be original. I used it many years ago and it smelled bad, but it smells much better now. Dare I say it actually smells nice? :lol: So, at the very least, they must have changed the fragrance. I bought the liquid version, though I saw they have a cream now, too.

I was in love with Suave's leave-in conditioner and stocked up on it when it became discontinued, but I ran out of it a few weeks ago. So, when I was in the store a few days ago, I picked up 911 on a whim. I used it yesterday, and am very pleased with the results. I might like it even better than my beloved Suave leave-in! It seems like my hair has an extra sparkle on top of its regular shine, and it's smoother and silkier than it has been the past two weeks when I was going without a leave-in conditioner.

But, I just did a search here (with no restrictions as to dates), and came up with a grand total of 4 mentions of this product on this board, one of which was unfavorable. So, I'm thinking this stuff can't possibly be as great as it seems if it's never been popular on the LHCF. :confused: :lol:

What do you think?

Last edited:
I use the 911 emergency hair treatment leave-in conditioner for extra dry/damaged hair- i add a little glycerin and a little liquid aloe vera to it and i absolutely love it. won't be without it again- it is a staple of mine. I use it after cowashing and then spritz with surge 14 hair plus revitalizer - can we say soft moisturized hair that has sheen to it

Hi, CaramelDiva. I'm glad you're having good results with it, too! I saw the extra-dry formula and wondered if it was 'better' than the original. I may try it when this bottle runs out. :yep:

Thank you for that comment, Browndilocks. I'm glad to hear it works well for you and I'm glad I decided to give the 'original' another try. The 'extra dry' will definitely be next on list to try now.

when things get rough up there, I put it on my edges with let's jam or elasta qp glaze before I tie it down.

I can't use it all over though.

Does it contain protein? I wonder if I should try this when I run out of Infusium 23?

Phoenix said:
Does it contain protein? I wonder if I should try this when I run out of Infusium 23?

I have a bottle of the extra dry formula and it has Collagen listed.

I never looked at the ingredient list until now. It has a nice list of vitamins and herbs listed, as well.

I used to use this back in the day when it smelled like VITAMINS, Girl....Suave leave in was my staple too, I HATED when it got discontinued but I have replaced mine with African Pride leave in which I LOVE DEARLY!!

I used to love the old one. Yeah it smelled like corn flakes. but it gave me so much growth. The new one is all right but I'll take the old one any day. I was so made when they changed it.

Does anyone have an opinion on this product? I put "original" in quotes because even though it says that on the bottle, it can't truly be original. I used it many years ago and it smelled bad, but it smells much better now. Dare I say it actually smells nice? :lol: So, at the very least, they must have changed the fragrance. I bought the liquid version, though I saw they have a cream now, too.

I was in love with Suave's leave-in conditioner and stocked up on it when it became discontinued, but I ran out of it a few weeks ago. So, when I was in the store a few days ago, I picked up 911 on a whim. I used it yesterday, and am very pleased with the results. I might like it even better than my beloved Suave leave-in! It seems like my hair has an extra sparkle on top of its regular shine, and it's smoother and silkier than it has been the past two weeks when I was going without a leave-in conditioner.

But, I just did a search here (with no restrictions as to dates), and came up with a grand total of 4 mentions of this product on this board, one of which was unfavorable. So, I'm thinking this stuff can't possibly be as great as it seems if it's never been popular on the LHCF. :confused: :lol:

What do you think?

I still believe it's the original formula-it STILL has a funky smell to me. My mom loved it on my hair then and I love it now. It does have a tendency to make your hair "sparkly" and it it seems to make my hair stronger-instantly :lick:

I use it. I have in a bottle with some infusium 23, optimum leave, and motions leave in. It works fine. I spritz my hair with a couple of times a week.

I sometimes use it as a detangler before washing. I like that it has collagen in it so it's becomes a part of my pre-poo/DC conditioning.

Back