questions about kinkytwist extentions..please help!

teysmith

hello Everyone!
I plan to get braids to help with growth and to help keep my hands and combs out of my head every minute of the day!

I really really want to get kinky twist because I love the look of them! They can be worn sophisticatedly and are just overall georgeous!!

I've been debating between kinky twist and single braids. that are left unbraided at the ends..

I know that the box braids will last a long time and they also see that they may be less damaging than the kinky twist for some odd reason.. I dont know I guess its something about the hair being twisted up *** to braided..

I want to keep my hair up for a good while..
so my question is.. How long do kinky twist last? Do they start to slide out to soon? do they get nappy or frizzy too soon?

I'm going to the African shop so I expect them to look really nice! And plus Its going to cost me an arm and a leg so I wan thtem to last!!!

and what about washing?? will washing cause braids to wear out quicker? please help!! I need advice..:drunk:

Creatividual

I've had both and with proper care both can last about 2 months; 3 if you re-do your perimeter. Kinky twists, in my experience, don't slide anymore than braids would. Only thing I would say is you def want to keep your hair moisturized especially with the kinky twists. The hair used for it tends to be more drying.

Ladybelle

I wore kinky twist for about a year and the best way to keep them is:

1)spray daily or every other day, my favorite spray is the kind by African Royale.

2) buy a mesh cap to cover your hair when you wash-- it has these little holes in it, and it works wonders in keeping the hair from frizzing up. I mean woooonnnnders. :yep:You can also create your own bootleg version with a stocking cap. Do a search on here and I'm sure you will find a better description of what I'm talking about.

3) mine never slipped and would last 2-3 months although i never kept them in more than 2.

you can also go to http://www.growafrohairlong.com/braidreg.html which has a wonderful tutorial on how to maintain braids. It has regimens for relaxed heads & natural heads. I employed these techniques and they really work, especially if you are trying to grow your hair out with braids.

teysmith

I've had both and with proper care both can last about 2 months; 3 if you re-do your perimeter. Kinky twists, in my experience, don't slide anymore than braids would. Only thing I would say is you def want to keep your hair moisturized especially with the kinky twists. The hair used for it tends to be more drying.

hi thanx. I dont too much care about the braids not look freshy new..but I mostly care about them starting to come down on there own. 2 months is a little to short for my expectations. I've seen people keep micros up for 4-5 months and got great growth!!
I know a lot of people dont like to keep their braids up that long but I really feel that the longer the better growth wise.

I really dont want to lean towards micros thats why i was thinking about the single braids with heir unbraided. I really just dont know which way to go. but I desperately a way to hide my hair!

I dont like wigs. I get bored with the fony ponys and my hair is too short for other protective styles such as rollorsetting, braidouts, and bunning..