Questions about AUBREY GPB~

Chaya

Hello,
I just bought Aubrey GPB today and I was wondering how exactly do you use this product.

How often do you use this product?
Do you use this as a mild or strong protein treatment?
Do you follow with a moisturizing deep conditioner?
How do you compare this product with Emergencee, EQP Breakage control serum or Aphogee treatments?

Thanks for all your info in advance ladies!

melodee

It is a mild protein conditioner, with moisturizing properties to it. I use it to moisturize my hair and it really detangles my hair. You can use it as often as you wash your hair, unless you are noticing hardness. You shouldn't. It is not to be compared to Emergencee or APhogee.

DahomeyAhosi

[ QUOTE ]
Chaya said:
Hello,
I just bought Aubrey GPB today and I was wondering how exactly do you use this product.

How often do you use this product? after every wash
Do you use this as a mild or strong protein treatment? mild
Do you follow with a moisturizing deep conditioner? no
How do you compare this product with Emergencee, EQP Breakage control serum or Aphogee treatments? It's not a strong protein. It softens my hair and requires no heat (incredible softness) whereas the ones you mentioned, or atleast emergencee and aphogee make the hair hard and require moisturizing conditioners. I don't think the type of protein used in GPB is the same at all.

Thanks for all your info in advance ladies!

[/ QUOTE ]

Tami

Miss Bubblegum
I use it every week , I dont use another condioner afterwards just a leave-in . it leaves my hair soft and with good slip. It doesnt seem to be a hard protein

melodee

Not necessarily, but you can. just try both ways and see how it works for you. It strengthens over time, but it is very mild. If you have severe breakage probs, go for the Aphogee. You can still use GPB.

Chaya

NO I really dont have any breakage problems at all. Im just a product junkie who cant say no. Ive had great results with emergencee and my breakage control serum. I just wanted to try this because everyone rave about it!! IM WEAK!!!!!

Chaya

Another Question:

I just received some free samples from my local healthfood store for
AUBREY J.A.Y. Shampoo
AUBREY GREEN TEA SHAMPOO

Anyone every try these and if so what were your results?

LABETT

I just started using it and I love Aubrey GPB I dont use heat or follow up with another conditioner.

Chaya

Well I have it on my hair right now and it seems very nice. It has a really good consistency and provided alot of slip as I glided it through my hair.
The only thing I dont like is the smell. A little too "herbal" for me!

OK I tried the JAY shampoo samples...EW EW EW! I hated it! I had to follow up with my Keracare it was so bad!! Never again!

Lindy

[ QUOTE ]
Chaya said:
Well I have it on my hair right now and it seems very nice. It has a really good consistency and provided alot of slip as I glided it through my hair.
The only thing I dont like is the smell. A little too "herbal" for me!

[/ QUOTE ]

I definitely know what you mean about the smell... And it seems to stay with you, too!!
Nevertheless, it's good stuff, so I still use it. I do wish they could tone down the scent somewhat, though!!

Erica78

Coils coils & more coils!
I love this conditioner. Since I have been using it my shedding is down to a minimum (thanks to the people that recommended it to me
).

How often do you use this product? Mostly once a week....sometimes a few times a week.

I don't have to follow up with a moisturizing conditioner or anything like that. Just mist with distilled water...followed by Vatika Coconut hair oil. I don't use any heat with it either. I air dry.

Chaya

I just finished roller setting my hair and I am now under the dryer. The smell doesnt seem so bad to me anymore. I would say that this is a very good mild protein conditioner. I wouldnt use anything much stronger than this. I think I will alternate it with my JOICO Intensive moisturizing conditioner.

I must say this is a very good conditioner and it does provide ALOT of slip. I like it very much and the smell really isnt THAT bad!

Kaela

I love this conditioner too, and have been using it for quite awhile. At first the smell was hideous to me but now I'm used to it and don't really mind it at all. If you rinse it out very well, its fine later on. Glad that you are happy with it!

bettydavis

Thanks for posting this Chaya, had a few questions too.I just bought the GPB, I'm waiting till I take out my braids before I use it, but I'm wondering, how long can you leave it in? Have people had better results leaving it in longer or just a few minutes?

Chaya

Today I left in on for about 20-30 minutes. I probably did not need to leave it in that long. It left my hair very easy to comb and easy to manage. I havent had much problems with shedding and breakage but who cant use a little protein?

I really do like it and as I set underneath the dryer I am actually starting to like the smell!

Kaela

[ QUOTE ]
bettydavis said:
Thanks for posting this Chaya, had a few questions too.I just bought the GPB, I'm waiting till I take out my braids before I use it, but I'm wondering, how long can you leave it in? Have people had better results leaving it in longer or just a few minutes?

[/ QUOTE ]

I have left it in anywhere from 5 mins to an hour. I think you can get effective results at around 15 mins, but this might vary person to person...

Allandra

After I shampoo my hair, I apply Aubrey Organics GPB, smack on a plastic cap and sit under the dryer for 10 minutes. After rinsing, my hair is nice and soft (don't even need to follow up with a moisturizing conditioner). I love the stuff.

Chaya

Well the this day one after AUBREY GPB usage! Last night I rollerset my hair and then wraped it after my hair was dry. I slept with a silk scarf on my hair and I hafve just combed it down this morning AND....................

MY HAIR LOOKS AND FEELS THE BOMB!!! I Mean my hair is extra soft. I do believe I love this product! THanks ladies!

lunalight7

Glad you liked it Chaya. BRH turned us on to this I believe...where is she? Anyway, as w/ most condits, I only leave GPB on for about 5 to 7 minutes under a plastic cap in a steamy shower. Never tried it longer or with heat. The scent doesn't bother me, in fact, I have come to like it a little! My hair feels moist yet strengthened after using this. I have used it as often as every week.

Chaya

OK its been about 5 hours since Ive first combed my hair down and I have changed my opinion of this products from like to LOVE!!!
I too love the smell. I went to the hospital to see patients today and I had one patient say to me "Gee you smell really good!" I knew exactly what he was talking about. The smell is a little strong when you put the conditioner on but it wears off a little and starts to smell VERY GOOD!!
Thanks Everybody! This was a great product pick!

Chaya

Ive never actually but aphogee on my hair but I ahave seen and heard about it being done. Aphogee has to be 10x stronger. This is just a mild natural protein/moisturizing conditioner. Its GREAT!

ladieluv

Do any of you use the GPB along with the JAY herbal shampoo and/or Jojoba and Aloe conditioner? I kind of figured these products were supposed to work well together.

bettydavis

Thanks Chaya, Kaela, Lunalight and Allandra, it seems like most of you don't leave it in too long. I will leave it in about 10- 15 mins when I use it, maybe I'll try using heat. I can't wait to take my braids out!

Chaya

[ QUOTE ]
ladieluv said:
Do any of you use the GPB along with the JAY herbal shampoo and/or Jojoba and Aloe conditioner? I kind of figured these products were supposed to work well together.

[/ QUOTE ]

EWWWW! I got samples of the JAY shampoo when I bought the GPB and it was straight up garbage for my hair! Im going to have to try some othere SLS/ALS free shampoo cause this stuff left my hair looking a mess!

AND YES I am a convert!

miss_brown

I used this again last night, and GPB ROCKS!!! I left it on for about 30 minutes (no heat), and as usual, it left my hair super-moisturized and strong.
I think I'm going to start using this product weekly.

Chaya

It is adictive isnt it? I just washed my hair two days ago, rollerwraped and everything! I feel like doing it again just for the AUBREY!

katie

I use GPB without heat for about 20 mins.It does nothing for me when left on for short periods