question for those who detangle daily

spellinto

especially directed to relaxed women who stretch, but open to all who detangle daily: how do you detangle so frequently without harming your ends & length retention in the long run? i want to start detangling daily or every other day to ensure that my new growth stays knot & shed free, but i'm concerned about causing split ends. techniques, products, anything welcome!

divachyk

Instagram: adaybyjay
I pass the comb through my hair daily. I use a wide tooth seamless bone comb from hairsense. ETA: I use the super detangling rake. Item #222

Technique: Moisturize, seal & pass comb through hair in small sections. If my hair is somewhat tangly, I will finger comb first then pass the comb through in small sections. I normally comb from line of demarcation down as ng starts to come in.

Detangling pre-wash: I use a detangling product which allows me to pass the comb from root to tip.

Pre-wash Detanglers:
Silken Child Detangler
Mane n Tale Detangler

Post-wash Detanglers:
Oyin Juices & Berries
AfroVeda Moringa Detangler

I prefer -cones pre-wash for slip. I try to minimize -cone usage post-wash, thus I opt for handmades.

chrstndiva

I detangle daily during a stretch. My stretches are 14-16 weeks.

I use different products for moisturizing and sealing my 2 different textures, but I absolutely never use anything with mineral oil in it.

I keep my new growth moisturized with S-curl moisturizing spray everyday and I apply a mixture of (JBCO, EVCO, Jojoba oil) or whatever I have on hand every other day to my new growth with a color application bottle so I don't use too much. This keeps my new growth easy to comb through and I have very little breakage even at the line of demarcation.

I moisturize and seal my relaxed hair every day with a light water-based moisturizer (the product varies) and usually seal with EVCO or avocado oil at night.