For those who wash or cowash daily...do you detangle every day?

FrazzledFraggle

I am doing insanity going on 3rd round now and I need to wash or cowash my hair daily. But, I think the manipulation from detangling everyday is bad even with the serum I use which gives me great slip. Tonight I bunned without detangling. Is that bad? :look:

Thank you in advance. :yep:

i def do NOT detangle daily. that would be way too much manicpulation for my hair. i only truly detangle on shampoo day. on my cowash days i just smooth back into a bun.

I cowash every day and detangle every day. It's been working well for me. I was cowashing and detangling daily even back when I was transitioning (well, the last 4ish months of my transition lol). I've been relaxer free a little over 2.5 years, natural for 1.5, and I'm currently BSB so I don't feel that it has hurt my retention or anything.

well, I'm Relaxed. I co-wash every second day. I only detangle in the shower when my hair is wet. I tried not to detangle or comb when its dry, only when its wet.. hth

I co-washed everyday after I BC'd in 2010, and I am a 4A and I could NOT detangle everyday; my hair is kinky (and proud! lol) and it's too much.

My hair is very fine and tangles easily. I tried not detangling at all after cowashing and experienced serious breakage. Now I always finger detangle and comb detangle when I need to.

When I co-washed everyday, I would lightly finger detangle. The comb only came out once a week on shampoo wash day. It worked fine for me.

Sent from my MOTWX435KT using LHCF

When I was relaxed, I would only detangle daily if I wasn't that far into my stretch.
Once I got further along, 6+ weeks post, I would only finger detangle.
Now that I am transitioning, I only co-wash or wash with my hair in twists.

I am starting to co-wash every other day and I only use my fingers to detangle...ALWAYS! since starting to finger detangle/comb back in aug. my hair is fuller and my ends healthier.

fine 4a/b natural BSL (longest layer)

Back