Question about Timer on LCL/Pibbs Dryers!

Nazaneen

I will preface by saying that I LOVVVVE this dryer so much. I got the LCL and just used it for the first time today. In under an hour I was FULLY dry, no wet spots, burned roots on top, no parched miserable hair. Just silky, bouncy, wonderful hair! I'm soo HAPPY!!

I was wondering about the timer. Is it damaging to the dryer if I shut it off before the timer is finished? I did that and when the timer finished it didn't go off. I don't even know how it's supposed to sound. I hear it's very loud.
Also, is it okay to reset the timer while it's on?
At first I was trying it out I turned the timer off after turning it on. That's probably not a good idea right? :look:
I'm just not used to a dryer that can't be turned on without the timer.

Last edited:
I purchased this same dryer from LCL and I also love it! To answer your question: If my hair is dry before the timer ends, I just slowly turn the dial to shut off the dryer. So far no problems. HTH

Last edited:
I just got the LCL dryer last week. It just makes a loud click when mine is over. It doesn't ring or anything.

For clarification, it will not turn on or off w/o the timer? You can't just turn on the heater/blower?

Sent from my Speak & Spell using LHCF

mine does the same. The timer has to be on and it's so blasted loud.

whew, thank you :lol:!
I LOVE my LCL. Flat ironing my roots was breezy, usually it's sifting through wet spots and my hair will be all parched and angry. My hair is so happy now.

I want to think the op for her previous thread I ordered my LCL and it arrives today!!!!

I feel like it's Christmas

Lol

Question I feel like my dryer is making a weird buzzing/high pitched noise. Is that normal? Otherwise I think the dryer is pretty quiet. Also should I be able to adjust the pole? It's at only one height...

I mess with the timer all the time and have had my dryer for over a year. The timer knob did break and I had to be sent a new one. The customer service person I spoke to told me that the time knobs breaking isn't uncommon and wasn't a result of me reaching up there and messing with while I was under the dryer.

Back