Alternatives to Pibbs

Peacan Tan

Since I maybe too late to get in on the pibbs deal I started looking around for something similar and was transfered to amazon.comwhere I found a company called Radium Cocmetics. They offer a free standing salon hair dryer at 1000 watts, tempsetting at 95-158 degrees, timer controled, upward air directional system so hairnet is required(like the Pibbs) and the base price wth/o tax or shipping is $195! Obvious questions, does anyone know how these two dryers compare and if so spill it, give me the rundown!:spinning:

Since I maybe too late to get in on the pibbs deal I started looking around for something similar and was transfered to amazon.comwhere I found a company called Radium Cocmetics. They offer a free standing salon hair dryer at 1000 watts, tempsetting at 95-158 degrees, timer controled, upward air directional system so hairnet is required(like the Pibbs) and the base price wth/o tax or shipping is $195! Obvious questions, does anyone know how these two dryers compare and if so spill it, give me the rundown!:spinning:
Bumpin like a mugg!!!!

I don't know anything specifically about that dryer but I think you should try to get the Pibbs if that's what you want because 1 -- financially speaking this dryer will cost $225 which is not any real savings from the Pibbs 514 (also note that amazon sells the 514 for $405) 2 -- the Pibbs is a tried and true product with plenty of positive testimonies from our members (there are many threads) and 3 -- during our discussions with Pibbs (the actual company) we were warned that there are many Chinese imitation Pibbs on the market and I think this may be one of them (google radium cosmetics, a chinese company).

Why run the risk?

I don't know anything specifically about that dryer but I think you should try to get the Pibbs if that's what you want because 1 -- financially speaking this dryer will cost $225 which is not any real savings from the Pibbs 514 (also note that amazon sells the 514 for $405) 2 -- the Pibbs is a tried and true product with plenty of positive testimonies from our members (there are many threads) and 3 -- during our discussions with Pibbs (the actual company) we were warned that there are many Chinese imitation Pibbs on the market and I think this may be one of them (google radium cosmetics, a chinese company).

Why run the risk?

that's true....it is not like this new dryer is that much cheaper to justify trusting a brand you don't know.

you guys still have a chance for the pibbs. $195 is great though, what is the total cost with shipping?

MY BSS carries one like the pibbs. its on display, i will go see how it runs tomorrow.

I found a few on ebay. I have been going back and forth with a seller and one he has sounds just like the description for a pIbbs. I do understand about the chinese knock offs but as long as I can get a warrenty, which you can with the one I'm looking at, I think I'll get one.

Heres the link:
http://health-beauty.search.ebay.com/hair-dryer_Salon-Equipment_W0QQdfspZ2QQsacatZ117337

NL, SMH :rolleyes: I'm still gonna reserve one with your name, don't worry. You'll come around sooner or later. All that BT money I send you SMH

you guys still have a chance for the pibbs. $195 is great though, what is the total cost with shipping?

MY BSS carries one like the pibbs. its on display, i will go see how it runs tomorrow.

How so...I thought they were sold out?

I found a few on ebay. I have been going back and forth with a seller and one he has sounds just like the description for a pIbbs. I do understand about the chinese knock offs but as long as I can get a warrenty, which you can with the one I'm looking at, I think I'll get one.

Heres the link:
http://health-beauty.search.ebay.com/hair-dryer_Salon-Equipment_W0QQdfspZ2QQsacatZ117337

nl,

i know you gotta do whats good for you, but i think you and others who are looking into getting a freestanding dryer, should really look at what vslady pointed out earlier in this post. the pibbs inst that much diff in price once you factor in your ship+handeling, plus if something goes wrong with your dryer, it is probably likely it will be shipped back at your expense. i had a free standing dryer other than the pibbs not so long ago, and i took it back not once but twice. it was a hassle and a pain in the neck.

im not saying there are no free standing dryers that i like . i do like some, like the ionic and tourmaline dryers that have been talked about in that other thread here, i like the way it sets the hair and the shine it seems to infuse in it, but in general the pibbs is the best of them in terms of being able to stand the test of time, not to mention it gets the job done quickly.

in that other thread some of the ladies have complained that after the yr mark that tourmaline dryer isnt getting hot any more ect.... in my case the shop owner that i got my free standing dryer from was an honest man ALHUMDULLILAH!(this is not typical these days) and even though i had had the dryer for quite some time he changed it for me twice, and still when i didnt like it after that he got the 514 pibbs for me and he only charged me 28 dollars more than what i paid for the original free standing dryer, which was $161. all together it was $189. no other taxes ect... since i have had this dryer i havent had any problems with it and i see a big difference btween this one and the last one i had.

at the time i bought the last one it was time to get a new dryer, becaue i wanted to do better dc for myself than what i had been doing. so anyhow i didnt get the pibbs 512 because i didnt want to wait for ship and handel,( i know that sounds so bad/impatient) but its the truth. i said to myself why wait for that when i can walk out of the store with one that is just as good. i was wrong! big time! anyhow, due to the honesty and the kindness of the shop owner i got a better price than even the pibbs deal on this website was going for, and all in all the pibbs is by far the better choice. i will say honestly that the pibbs dryer has a smaller mouth than the other dryer had, so if you have bookoo hair and big ole rollers you may find a lil difficulty in comparrison to the other free standing dryers. but then again i have seen ladys in the beauty salons that i used to frequent with hair from here to there and those woman rolled them up and got them under those pibbs dryers just fine. its all up to you of course but, i encourage you to just look at those numbers before you get that other dryer, you will most likely find that even with the warranty its not worth the time money or effort/head ache it may cause you in the long run.

hows that tenjoy? better- huh.

Last edited:
nl,

i know you gotta do whats good for you, but i think you and others who are looking into getting a freestanding dryer, should really look at what vslady pointed out earlier in this post. the pibbs inst that much diff in price once you factor in your ship+handeling, plus if something goes wrong with your dryer, it is probably likely it will be shipped back at your expense. i had a free standing dryer other than the pibbs not so long ago, and i took it back not once but twice. it was a hassle and a pain in the neck. im not saying there are no free standing dryers that i like . i do like some, like the ionic and tourmaline dryers that have been talked about in that other thread here, i like the way it sets the hair and the shine it seems to infuse in it, but in general the pibbs is the best of them in terms of being able to stand the test of time, not to mention it gets the job done quickly. in that other thread some of the ladies have complained that after the yr mark that tourmaline dryer isnt getting hot any more ect.... in my case the shop owner that i got my free standing dryer from was an honest man ALHUMDULLILAH!(this is not typical these days) and even though i had had the dryer for quite some time he changed it for me twice, and still when i didnt like it after that he got the 514 pibbs for me and he only charged me 28 dollars more than what i paid for the original free standing dryer, which was $161. all together it was $189. no other taxes ect... since i have had this dryer i havent had any problems with it and i see a big difference btween this one and the last one i had. at the time i bought the last one it was time to get a new dryer, becaue i wanted to do better dc for myself than what i had been doing. so anyhow i didnt get the pibbs 512 because i didnt want to wait for ship and handel,( i know that sounds so bad/impatient) but its the truth. i said to myself why wait for that when i can walk out of the store with one that is just as good. i was wrong! big time! anyhow, due to the honesty and the kindness of the shop owner i got a better price than even the pibbs deal on this website was going for, and all in all the pibbs is by far the better choice. i will say honestly that the pibbs dryer has a smaller mouth than the other dryer had, so if you have bookoo hair and big ole rollers you may find a lil difficulty in comparrison to the other free standing dryers. but then again i have seen ladys in the beauty salons that i used to frequent with hair from here to there and those woman rolled them up and got them under those pibbs dryers just fine. its all up to you of course but, i encourage you to just look at those numbers before you get that other dryer, you will most likely find that even with the warranty its not worth the time money or effort/head ache it may cause you in the long run.
Thanks so much for your post!!

What brand did you get?

Thanks so much for your post!!

What brand did you get?
your welcome:yep: i just want everyone to make an informed discission.

it was pro tools. i didnt know until later that pro tools is pebco. i have never had a problem with the hand held pebco dryers, but that free standing dryer was not a good bye. as pretty looking as it was, it was trash!:yep:

Last edited:
nl,

i know you gotta do whats good for you, but i think you and others who are looking into getting a freestanding dryer, should really look at what vslady pointed out earlier in this post. the pibbs inst that much diff in price once you factor in your ship+handeling, plus if something goes wrong with your dryer, it is probably likely it will be shipped back at your expense. i had a free standing dryer other than the pibbs not so long ago, and i took it back not once but twice. it was a hassle and a pain in the neck. im not saying there are no free standing dryers that i like . i do like some, like the ionic and tourmaline dryers that have been talked about in that other thread here, i like the way it sets the hair and the shine it seems to infuse in it, but in general the pibbs is the best of them in terms of being able to stand the test of time, not to mention it gets the job done quickly. in that other thread some of the ladies have complained that after the yr mark that tourmaline dryer isnt getting hot any more ect.... in my case the shop owner that i got my free standing dryer from was an honest man ALHUMDULLILAH!(this is not typical these days) and even though i had had the dryer for quite some time he changed it for me twice, and still when i didnt like it after that he got the 514 pibbs for me and he only charged me 28 dollars more than what i paid for the original free standing dryer, which was $161. all together it was $189. no other taxes ect... since i have had this dryer i havent had any problems with it and i see a big difference btween this one and the last one i had. at the time i bought the last one it was time to get a new dryer, becaue i wanted to do better dc for myself than what i had been doing. so anyhow i didnt get the pibbs 512 because i didnt want to wait for ship and handel,( i know that sounds so bad/impatient) but its the truth. i said to myself why wait for that when i can walk out of the store with one that is just as good. i was wrong! big time! anyhow, due to the honesty and the kindness of the shop owner i got a better price than even the pibbs deal on this website was going for, and all in all the pibbs is by far the better choice. i will say honestly that the pibbs dryer has a smaller mouth than the other dryer had, so if you have bookoo hair and big ole rollers you may find a lil difficulty in comparrison to the other free standing dryers. but then again i have seen ladys in the beauty salons that i used to frequent with hair from here to there and those woman rolled them up and got them under those pibbs dryers just fine. its all up to you of course but, i encourage you to just look at those numbers before you get that other dryer, you will most likely find that even with the warranty its not worth the time money or effort/head ache it may cause you in the long run.

Damn girl break up into paragraphs :lachen::lachen::lachen:

it was pro tools. i didnt know until later that pro tools is pebco. i have never had a problem with the hand held pebco dryers, but that free standing dryer was not a good bye. as pretty looking as it was it was trash!:yep:
Thank god this one isnt Pebco!

I'm sorry you went thru all that go and thanks a bunch!

Back