Question about Timer on LCL/Pibbs Dryers!

Nazaneen

I will preface by saying that I LOVVVVE this dryer so much. I got the LCL and just used it for the first time today. In under an hour I was FULLY dry, no wet spots, burned roots on top, no parched miserable hair. Just silky, bouncy, wonderful hair! I'm soo HAPPY!!

I was wondering about the timer. Is it damaging to the dryer if I shut it off before the timer is finished? I did that and when the timer finished it didn't go off. I don't even know how it's supposed to sound. I hear it's very loud.
Also, is it okay to reset the timer while it's on?
At first I was trying it out I turned the timer off after turning it on. That's probably not a good idea right? :look:
I'm just not used to a dryer that can't be turned on without the timer.

Last edited:

Sunshine_One

I purchased this same dryer from LCL and I also love it! To answer your question: If my hair is dry before the timer ends, I just slowly turn the dial to shut off the dryer. So far no problems. HTH

Last edited:

Froreal3

haulin hard in the paint
I just got the LCL dryer last week. It just makes a loud click when mine is over. It doesn't ring or anything.

MileHighDiva

A+ Hair Care Queen
For clarification, it will not turn on or off w/o the timer? You can't just turn on the heater/blower?

Sent from my Speak & Spell using LHCF

Nazaneen

mine does the same. The timer has to be on and it's so blasted loud.

whew, thank you :lol:!
I LOVE my LCL. Flat ironing my roots was breezy, usually it's sifting through wet spots and my hair will be all parched and angry. My hair is so happy now.

brownb83

I want to think the op for her previous thread I ordered my LCL and it arrives today!!!!

I feel like it's Christmas

Lol

OhmyKimB

Question I feel like my dryer is making a weird buzzing/high pitched noise. Is that normal? Otherwise I think the dryer is pretty quiet. Also should I be able to adjust the pole? It's at only one height...

Blairx0

I mess with the timer all the time and have had my dryer for over a year. The timer knob did break and I had to be sent a new one. The customer service person I spoke to told me that the time knobs breaking isn't uncommon and wasn't a result of me reaching up there and messing with while I was under the dryer.