Question about Cowashing...

luckyduck

This might seem dumb but I figured I'd ask anyway. I did a search and could not find exactly the answer I was looking for.

When you ladies are cowashing, do you use a lot of conditioner so it seems to lather up like shampoo does? Sometimes when I cowash it seems like I have to keep adding conditioner because my hair doesn't feel like enough product is on it.

I have to leave work in a few but when I get home I'll check back. TIA for any responses.

lexi84

I don't really work it in, I just slap it on so that my hair is coated.

yea me too. :yep::yep::yep: i just put enough on to make sure all of my hair is covered, then I pin it up while i wash my body (I co-wash only when I'm showering). After I'm done washing my body I rinse my hair and thats it. I dont lather or anything since conditioner isnt supposed to be able to lather up anyway.:ohwell:

Neith

I used to just slather it on, but I stopped doing that.

I get MUCH better results concentrating the conditioner on the scalp and roots. I put in a good amount all around my scalp, add a just little water and it makes it a little frothy. Then I massage my scalp well with the conditioner, and rinse.

Less build up, cleaner hair and it's still not stripping and very gentle and moisturizing :yep:

lizjoseph

I just pour some - enough to coat the hair and do the same thing as I would with washing (moving the hair around, massaging the scalp, etc.) It is not meant to lather up. I also focus on massaging the ends between my hands, since I feel they need the most moisteure. I then wash it out and repeat. Sometimes I also put on a shower cap, go about my business for a while (30 min or so) and then come back and rinse it out. Kind of like a mini "DC". Hope that helps!

JustKiya

Conditioner usually doesn't have the ingredient that produces lather, so when I cowash, I don't expect to see lather. I'm lazy, and I DCowash all at once, so I work it through my hair, and leave it on for - oh, however long I feel like it, usually an hour minimum. Then, I scratch and scrub my scalp good while detangling, and rinse it all out.

baddison

natural for good

I get MUCH better results concentrating the conditioner on the scalp and roots. I put in a good amount all around my scalp, add a just little water and it makes it a little frothy. Then I massage my scalp well with the conditioner, and rinse.

Less build up, cleaner hair and it's still not stripping and very gentle and moisturizing :yep:

Yup!:yep: This is how I do it too!!:yawn:

luckyduck

Thanks for the responses. I know it's not supposed to lather up, I guess I should have phrased it better.

Mis007

I just pour some - enough to coat the hair and do the same thing as I would with washing (moving the hair around, massaging the scalp, etc.) It is not meant to lather up. I also focus on massaging the ends between my hands, since I feel they need the most moisteure. I then wash it out and repeat. Sometimes I also put on a shower cap, go about my business for a while (30 min or so) and then come back and rinse it out. Kind of like a mini "DC". Hope that helps!

I do the same :grin:

audacity.

Exactly! I use my CW the exact same way that I would use shampoo.