Qhemet Users...

glamazon386

Especially naturals. Are any of their products comparable to Miss Jessies products? I can't see shelling out $58 + $10 shipping right now. I'm really just looking for something I can leave in my hair that's moisturizing as well as eliminates frizz. I ordered a sampler from their website. I hope it gets here soon. Which products would you recommend? Also, my hair is fine so I don't need anything too thick or heavy.

Browndilocks

Browndisha Brownie Sundae
The Amla Olive heavy cream is great but it is much, much heavier in consistency than Buttercreme. I haven't actually tried the buttercreme on my hair but I tested it on my hands. After doing so, I was convinced that I could find that particular consistency at a cheaper price. Buttercreme kinda had the consistency of a rinse out conditioner. The heavy cream is exactly that... heavy. A little goes a long way.

Incredible1ne

I've never used Miss Jessies so I cannot compare. The products that I would recommend are the Olive Cream and the Sidr Tree.

RoseGolden

I've never tried Miss Jessies. That $58 wasn't even an option for me so I was looking for a heavier moisturizer and did a lot of research on the Qhemet stuff. I found a lot of raves about how moisturizing the Alma and Olive Heavy Cream & the Sidr Tree Butter Balms were. So, I went ahead and got the Sidr Tree Butter. Its only $10 sooo i'll see.

grnidmonster

I love the Qhemet products:Blush2: . They are all I am currently using. I am natural 3c/4b. I use the Olive and Honey Moisturizer, the Detangler and the Sider Butter. I also have the Heavy cream for my ends. I aply the detangler, Olive and honey and then seal with the Sider Butter after a wash, air dry and it is super soft!

I order some of the Oyin products-just curious but, they would have to be damn good to replace my QB staples.

lil'paw

bmoreflyygirl said:
Especially naturals. Are any of their products comparable to Miss Jessies products? I can't see shelling out $58 + $10 shipping right now. I'm really just looking for something I can leave in my hair that's moisturizing as well as eliminates frizz. I ordered a sampler from their website. I hope it gets here soon. Which products would you recommend? Also, my hair is fine so I don't need anything too thick or heavy.

I tried the Miss Jessie's products about three years ago and they did nothing for my dry hair natural hair. I bought all three of their creams, all that money wasted. :ohwell:

Blacktresses

Bump...

Miss Jessies is buy one get one free until December 31st 2006. You may want to check out this sale. Check out the www.missjessies.com site for retail locations.

saqqara

I've never used Miss Jessies but have used Qhemet and based on the price and comparing the ingredients, qhemets products have better ingredients and costs a lot less.

glamazon386

Blacktresses said:
Bump...

Miss Jessies is buy one get one free until December 31st 2006. You may want to check out this sale. Check out the www.missjessies.com site for retail locations.

Yeah, I know. That's why I was considering ordering since they were having the sale. But I just don't have the money in my budget right now even with the BOGO. I mean my curls are pretty defined with just water and conditioner. Sometimes I use the Fantasia gel and it works great. I can't imagine some expensive goop would do that much better right? I was looking for a good leave in but I tried the Cantu one that some ladies on the board recommended and it works great. Maybe I don't need to try the Miss Jessie's afterall. I'll just wait til the Qhemet comes in the mail and see how it works. Thanks ladies!

Last edited: