Qhemet I love you but....

Naturelle

Gosh Darnit! The shipping prices are killing me. For most things shipped to Canada from the U.S. the shipping gets jacked up to nearly $50 bucks! What happened to NAFTA?:lachen:

I can't wait (and Lord knows I've been praying) til Qhemet is retailed in Canada so I don't have to pay with my arm and a leg to get that oh-so-good-I-want-be-yours-forever-I'll-never-let you-go Amla & Olive Heavy Cream and the Honey & Olive Hydrating Balm.

I'm gonna have to start petitioning these stores and start advocating for amzaing but hard to find hair care products

Lucky's Mom

Gosh Darnit! The shipping prices are killing me. For most things shipped to Canada from the U.S. the shipping gets jacked up to nearly $50 bucks! What happened to NAFTA?:lachen:

I can't wait (and Lord knows I've been praying) til Qhemet is retailed in Canada so I don't have to pay with my arm and a leg to get that oh-so-good-I-want-be-yours-forever-I'll-never-let you-go Amla & Olive Heavy Cream and the Honey & Olive Hydrating Balm.

I'm gonna have to start petitioning these stores and start advocating for amzaing but hard to find hair care products

I cost me 11 bucks for 2 containers of stuff. Which means the price is almost 20 dollars per item. The Shipping was outrageous, and a surprise..Not calcuated until it was shipped and I live in the USA!......I may have to give up my bleoved Qhemet for this....:nono:

TexturedTresses

your hilarious.:lachen:

Naturelle

You know too Sam,

It's not even as if it's just the shipping, it's the customs and duties too...like I paid 18$ U.S. for the 4 samples, 36$ for the shipping and an addtional 15$ for customs/duties cause you know it aint no fun if the government can't have none...I dunno I really really love these products, I don't know if I can really recreate them (except fro maybe adding MSM to some of my products lol) and with this global recession kicking my butt...Qhemet, I really love you tho and I don't want to break up :cry2:

That's why for now I've been using Oyin (I can get it locally) but the smell is killing (the unscented is not available locally). However what it does for my hair is simply divine. These are the only two products (so far) that fit everything I would want in a moisturizing cream/butter - natural, no proteins, parabens, silicones etc.

Lucky's Mom

You know too Sam,

It's not even as if it's just the shipping, it's the customs and duties too...like I paid 18$ U.S. for the 4 samples, 36$ for the shipping and an addtional 15$ for customs/duties cause you know it aint no fun if the government can't have none...I dunno I really really love these products, I don't know if I can really recreate them (except fro maybe adding MSM to some of my products lol) and with this global recession kicking my butt...Qhemet, I really love you tho and I don't want to break up :cry2:

That's why for now I've been using Oyin (I can get it locally) but the smell is killing (the unscented is not available locally). However what it does for my hair is simply divine. These are the only two products (so far) that fit everything I would want in a moisturizing cream/butter - natural, no proteins, parabens, silicones etc.

I feel ya sis.:yep:

Kurlee

This pisses me off to no end! The shipping to Canada is always ri-damn-diculous. And the joke is the shipping costs are not even that high cuz the price of the shipping usually shows on the box/package and its usually much cheaper than I paid. I have fam in the US and I get the stuff sent to them and then they send it up, and when I ask them how much it was via USPS, the most it has been 15 dollars, and that was for craploads of product (gallon sizes of elucence). I just don't understand the gouging.:wallbash:. And at least if you gonna gouge, send the product as a "gift" so we don't get killed with customs.....but i digress :cry:

Miss Jessie's charges 70 dollars shipping to Canada for 2 bottles of product, if that is not highway robbery, I dunno what is :nono:

Tarae

You know too Sam,

Whoa, the shipping is more than the actual product.
lol @ the NAFTA bit though.

Casarela

70$ for shipping from NYC ..is what I call RAPE!!!! Girl if you have any family in NYC get that product delivered to ur family's and then ask a member of your family to mail it and it should cost no more than 15$, 70$ IS ABUSIVE . I WOULD NEVER ...NEVER PAY 70$ NOT EVEN 40$ FOR SHIPPING THATS A BIG H*LL NO!

Aalize

Ditto. On my last order I bought 1 jar of the honey balm and 1 jar of the ghee total cost of the products was $30, cost of shipping $32.40. I spent $62.40 for two products. :nono:

I want to try the burdock root butter and get more ghee, but I can't continue to pay those sorts of costs for shipping. Unlike some of you lucky ladies I don't have family or friends in the states. I'll have to use a mail forwarding service if I order again.

Kurlee

Ditto. On my last order I bought 1 jar of the honey balm and 1 jar of the ghee total cost of the products was $30, cost of shipping $32.40. I spent $62.40 for two products. :nono:

I want to try the burdock root butter and get more ghee, but I can't continue to pay those sorts of costs for shipping. Unlike some of you lucky ladies I don't have family or friends in the states. I'll have to use a mail forwarding service if I order again.
the thing that irks me, is that it don;t really cost that much to ship something of that weight :nono:. Theres so many product i son't try just because of the robbery shipping

SignatureBeauty

WOW!!! That is Horrible, especially when shipping is more than the Products, and in the USA Too! But for the others it's even worse. I wonder why is it so high like that? I have ordered Boxes of stuff online, huge heavy stuff and the shipping was High due to my product weighing over 30lbs. But a couple hair products Hmmmmm.

Qhem will come and break it down and explain it. But the products are wonderful.

Naturelle

This pisses me off to no end! The shipping to Canada is always ri-damn-diculous. And the joke is the shipping costs are not even that high cuz the price of the shipping usually shows on the box/package and its usually much cheaper than I paid. I have fam in the US and I get the stuff sent to them and then they send it up, and when I ask them how much it was via USPS, the most it has been 15 dollars, and that was for craploads of product (gallon sizes of elucence). I just don't understand the gouging.:wallbash:. And at least if you gonna gouge, send the product as a "gift" so we don't get killed with customs.....but i digress :cry:

Miss Jessie's charges 70 dollars shipping to Canada for 2 bottles of product, if that is not highway robbery, I dunno what is :nono:

All I can do is laugh cause Miss Jessie would not see $140 US from me for 1 product plus shipping....I laugh....surely Miss Jessie you jest. :lachen:

But if you do like Miss Jessie products you can order them from Honeyfig (that's what I did) and now even to avoid shipping they have a store as well

Qhem's products are superior to any other I've tried...@Qhemet products "don't worry luv, we'll work it out"

Last edited:

LiberianGirl

I cost me 11 bucks for 2 containers of stuff. Which means the price is almost 20 dollars per item. The Shipping was outrageous, and a surprise..Not calcuated until it was shipped and I live in the USA!......I may have to give up my bleoved Qhemet for this....:nono:

I placed an order last week and have not received an email with the shipping costs. I am really disgusted that shipping and handling is so much and then you have to wait 50-11 years to get your products.

Naturelle

70$ for shipping from NYC ..is what I call RAPE!!!! Girl if you have any family in NYC get that product delivered to ur family's and then ask a member of your family to mail it and it should cost no more than 15$, 70$ IS ABUSIVE . I WOULD NEVER ...NEVER PAY 70$ NOT EVEN 40$ FOR SHIPPING THATS A BIG H*LL NO!

This is what I've had to do in the past for some other products. I may have to do it for Qhem, I just hate to bother my family over there even though they say it's no problem...Yep I'm gonna make my cousin my personal courier from now on

thinbreaksUk

Qhem don't ship to the UK but luckily I found a place in London that sells their products I got the heavy cream and the hydrating balm for £14.75 each ..... it's more expensive than in the US but saves on the possible crazy shipping.

There are plenty of other product that I would like to try but can't because of the crazy shipping i'm hoping to stock up when I am in the US this week

Napata

Did someone call my name? :D

I ship USPS Express Mail International which is expensive, however, packages are automatically insured against loss, theft, rifling and damage and arrive within 7 business days...no 2-3 week long customs delays. It's also weight based but in reviewing all of my Canada bound orders as far back as March, I've never had one that's incurred a 50.00+ shipping fee and this is for orders that have weighed over 3 lbs. :perplexed

As an FYI, USPS will be raising their rates on Jan. 18th.

Hi Liberiangirl, PM or email me and I'll be more than happy to give you your order status. :)

Last edited:

TdotGirl

This is why I'm always in NY shopping like no tommorro. I also ask my relatives in NY or MD to purchase it for me. Shipping is too expensive for a recent grad!

Kurlee

All I can do is laugh cause Miss Jessie would not see $140 US from me for 1 product plus shipping....I laugh....surely Miss Jessie you jest. :lachen:

But if you do like Miss Jessie products you can order them from Honeyfig (that's what I did) and now even to avoid shipping they have a store as well

Qhem's products are superior to any other I've tried...@Qhemet products "don't worry luv, we'll work it out"
honeyfig has a store?:grin: PLEASE TELL ME WHERE!!!

Kurlee

i am the happiest girl in the world that honeyfig now has a retail location in uptown. Yonge and sheppard!!! 4967 Yonge Street

LovinLocks

Gosh Darnit! The shipping prices are killing me. For most things shipped to Canada from the U.S. the shipping gets jacked up to nearly $50 bucks! What happened to NAFTA?

Yes, this pretty much sucks. Ever since I learned to make soap, which lead to lotions, whipped shea, body scrubs, etc. I should know better. But every now and again you get a product that's a just-gotta-have. But, more often than not, I see the ingredients (got 'em in my product area) and be like to myself, "Girl, you know you can make this stuff". I'm a package junkie. Good packaging gets me (apparently) 'cause like I said, I have purchased nothing since being here at LHCF that I could NOT simply get off my duff and make myself.

Shame on you, LL

Er um, having said that, got my first jar of Amla~Olive from Qhemet the other day. Put it in last night before going to bed (well, tonight I guess, I just woke up couldn't sleep). Anywho, I like, I like. :)

Last edited:

anon123

You know, you hair sisters in Canada, you can probably ask some of your friendly hair sisters on the other side of the border to send it to you. I'm sure some of us wouldn't mind if you paid for the product and minimal shipping up front, and we could just mark it "gift" for you.

naijamerican

Did someone call my name? :D

I ship USPS Express Mail International which is expensive, however, packages are automatically insured against loss, theft, rifling and damage and arrive within 7 business days...no 2-3 week long customs delays. It's also weight based but in reviewing all of my Canada bound orders as far back as March, I've never had one that's incurred a 50.00+ shipping fee and this is for orders that have weighed over 3 lbs. :perplexed

As an FYI, USPS will be raising their rates on Jan. 18th.

Hi Liberiangirl, PM or email me and I'll be more than happy to give you your order status. :)

I just have to say, Qhem, I appreciate that you always come in and clarify when we have trouble with your beloved products. :yep: It's truly a testament to how much we love what you make that we create threads like this in the first place. :yep: Just had to put that out there. :D

empressri

Yes, this pretty much sucks. Ever since I learned to make soap, which lead to lotions, whipped shea, body scrubs, etc. I should know better. But every now and again you get a product that's a just-gotta-have. But, more often than not, I see the ingredients (got 'em in my product area) and be like to myself, "Girl, you know you can make this stuff". I'm a package junkie. Good packaging gets me (apparently) 'cause like I said, I have purchased nothing since being here at LHCF that I could NOT simply get off my duff and make myself.

Shame on you, LL

Er um, having said that, got my first jar of Amla~Olive from Qhemet the other day. Put it in last night before going to bed (well, tonight I guess, I just woke up couldn't sleep). Anywho, I like, I like. :)

dang you make soap too? now if you tell me you crochet im going to be underfoot! we're going to be hair twisting, nail doing, soap making buddies lol