Protien Powder for Health and Hair

s_terry

Ladies, rep your favorite tasty protein powders!!!

Health, Hair, and Happy Hips Info.

Tell us what brand you use, and why you think it's the greatest!

Does it:
*Taste Yummy?
*Worth the Expense?
*A Whole Food Product (something that feeds your body with vitamins and minerals)?
*Makes the perfect smoothie?
*Low sugar-yet tasty( Sugar is inflammatory, increases aging, and makes you fat!)
*Plant Based?
*What?

Spill it Ladies! Don't forget to mention the brand, the best place to buy, etc.

We are waiting...........:yep::lick::drunk:

s_terry

I'll go first.

Lately I've tried the "Raw food" plant based protein powder. It had lot's of seeds like hemp and several others. I was underwhelmed, and it's expensive as hell. Natural sources of protein is what made it so appealing. It kind of like inflated when I made my beauty smoothie. It was like "blobby" in the mouth feeling. Purchased at the Health Food Store. those that carry natural products.

I tried Myoplex Light - Strawberries ...a few years back which was pretty good, but I learned it didn't give me the additional health benefits I was hoping for. Purchased at GNC.

Bariatric Advantage: After mistakenly purchasing this ( I realized it's often used by those undergoing weight reduction surgery Lap Band or something- in which I haven't had). I keep on with it, because of it's yummy taste and low sugar content. Less that .5 grams per serving. Ho protein and pretty good fiber content. It was yummy when mixed into a smoothie. Purchased at the grocery store and online (cheaper prices)

How I mix my smoothies
*Skim milk
*Barlean orange creme swirl EFA(3,6,9) - the best tasting EFA ever. All three omega's, and reminds you of an orange freezer ice cream pop.
*Mega Green Mix (Wheatgrasses and Spirulina, Cholera)
*Strawberries,Cherries or Blueberries (frozen)

This fixed my need for coffee to get it started in the mornings....

mzteaze

Pilates and Yoga Kinda Gal
I used to buy the Whole Food brand vanilla protein powder because its sweetened with stevia. Its pretty difficult to find protein powders that do not use artificial sweeteners.

Another nice brand would be - Solgar's Whey To Go.

For green power, my favorite can only be purchased online Dr Schulze Superfood's Plus. Its great mixed with fresh fruit or veggies.

havilland

Magical Mythical Princess
I use Tera's Bourbon Vanilla organic whey protein. Wheatgrass powder. Chia seeds. Acai juice. Spinach. And blueberries. Raw honey or organic sugar. I also have a splash of lemon juice. And a shot of aloe Vera juice.

Green shakes have made my new growth thicker.

Sent from my iPhone while out living my best life!

s_terry

I use Tera's Bourbon Vanilla organic whey protein. Wheatgrass powder. Chia seeds. Acai juice. Spinach. And blueberries. Raw honey or organic sugar. I also have a splash of lemon juice. And a shot of aloe Vera juice.

Green shakes have made my new growth thicker.

Bourbon? Like the alcohol bourbon.? Does it taste like it? Interesting!

havilland

Magical Mythical Princess
Bourbon? Like the alcohol bourbon.? Does it taste like it? Interesting!

Nah. It doesnt taste like a cocktail. Lol! It just tastes like regular ole vanilla protein shake. But it's organic so no pesticides, no hormones....which I like.

They have a dark cocoa chocolate I want to try next. :)