Protein Treatment...help plz

Stacy TheLady

Hey All

I always do moisturizing DC's and have never done a protein treatment on my hair. I would really like to try one because i have some breakage when i comb out my hair.

Please tell me how to go about a protein treatment for my hair and what is a good trustworthy product.

Am not sure if Mane n Tail condit. is a protein treatment butmy hair HATES this brand :wallbash:

I used it once and it took me about 6 weeks to get my hair back moisturized and soft.

ctosha

You could try LeKair Cholesteral. It is a light protein and it moisturizing as well. I had 'baby breakage not too long ago and once I DC with that it stopped breakage dead in its tracks. But mind you I went on the moisture moisture and more moisture bandwagon and had not had a protein treatment in a good couple a months until last weekend. My hair thanked me for it. I plan on using Lekair weekly as my light protein treatments.BTW i add JBCO to it!

VictoriousBrownFlower

I believe mane n tail con is a protein con so if your hair didnt react well to it I think you should try a light protein first just to see how your hair reacts to protein. I would hate for you to use a hardcore protein for your first treamtent and get a setback because your hair doesnt like protein.

I personally love organic root stimulator hair mayo. Its got great ingredients. NO mineral oil or patrolium mostly just natural protein sources like eggs etc.... My hair hates protein but does well with this product when used ocassionally.

Stacy TheLady

You could try LeKair Cholesteral. It is a light protein and it moisturizing as well. I had 'baby breakage not too long ago and once I DC with that it stopped breakage dead in its tracks. But mind you I went on the moisture moisture and more moisture bandwagon and had not had a protein treatment in a good couple a months until last weekend. My hair thanked me for it. I plan on using Lekair weekly as my light protein treatments.BTW i add JBCO to it!

I use LustraSilk Cholesterol with mango...is that protein or moisturizing?

Stacy TheLady

I believe mane n tail con is a protein con so if your hair didnt react well to it I think you should try a light protein first just to see how your hair reacts to protein. I would hate for you to use a hardcore protein for your first treamtent and get a setback because your hair doesnt like protein.

I personally love organic root stimulator hair mayo. Its got great ingredients. NO mineral oil or patrolium mostly just natural protein sources like eggs etc.... My hair hates protein but does well with this product when used ocassionally.

Oh ok cool, i used ORS Hair Mayo already and it was good on my hair but i had no clue it was protein...lol. Maybe i will try that again. thanks alot.

Kranbery

I was going to suggest egg, but after reading the previous posts I won't. I liked Africa's Best Mayonnaise Leave-in conditioner. It has protein, but it is low on the list. My hair looked and felt better after each use consistently(very important to me).

Stacy TheLady

Ok so i've been DC-ing all day...yup

I bought this new conditioner called Profectiv Mega Growth Break Free Daily Leave in Strengthener...I read the ingredients which consist of Wheat Protein, Oat Protein, Soy Protein and Horsetail Extract for strength & Growth

Wheat Germ Oil, Olive Oil, Flax seed oil anad Jojoba Oil to restore & rebuild

Silk Amino Acids, Avocado Oil, Coconut Oil and Grapeseed Oil for Hi shine and heat protection

I tried it today hoping for the best and the result was so much better than my Mane n Tail Mishap. My ends were a little dry but i did a hot oil moist DC and a cholesterol DC after and the results are amazing.

Thanks for all the help ladies.