Protein and moisturizing together???

Babygurl

Does anyone use their protein and moisturizing conditioners together?
Meaning....apply your protein then your moisturizing over it and then use heat or whatever?
Anyone had success with it?

A

AmilLion

Re: Protein and mositurizing together???

Yes, and i've experienced success.

Spagirl

I just had this done to me at Penny's Salon yesterday. The stylist used Dudley's DRC (sp?) as the protein followed by Dudley's Hair Rebuilder. She said she did this so that the protein in the DRC wouldn't make my hair as hard. She said it was a moisturizer but as I look at the ingredients:

deionized water
stearlakonium chloride
hydrolyzed animal protein
glycerol stearate
emulsifying wax-N.R.
propylene glycol
panthenol
methylparaben
quaternium-15
propylparaben
fragrance
hydrolyzed keratin protein
nucleic acid
biotin

The info on the back says:

Dudley's hair Rebuilder rebuilds badly damaged hair. This deep penetrating conditioner detangles, builds body, softens and reduces static.

Maybe it's a moisturizing protein conditioner. Whatever the case this followed by a steam dryer and my hair turned out really nice. Of course I followed up with my products as well.

Edited to add:

I think the "emulsifying wax-N.R." in the above ingredient list is giving my hair a false impression of feel good. Does anyone known if the wax mentioned considered a water solube wax in that it is an emulsifing wax?

Tammy

Yes. I mix Aubreys GPB and Mizani Moisturefuse together and it works out great. Next time I'll try the GPB with Elucence Moisture Balance Conditioner.

kinikini

I use my Biolage Fortifying Conditioner (mild protein) and Nexxus Humectress together and my hair comes out great!

Allandra

I still haven't tried this yet. I thought about it when someone posted it on the forum a little while back.

Allandra

[ QUOTE ]
SherryLove said:
GPB is one of the few products where moisture and protein are packaged in one bottle...

[/ QUOTE ]
That's all I had to hear / read. I will certainly continue using my Aubrey GPB all by itself.