protective hairstyles???

chocochiquita86

what r some protective hairstyles that i could try???? i'm not totally sure of what 1 is, so i dont know of n e...my hair is only a lil past my shoulders and it's relaxed also (see my avatar 2 the left 4 a pic)...n e ideas???? thanx
grin.gif
!

is there n e particular way i should do it tho??? u know, i mean like would certain ways break my hair off??? and what is a protective style n e ways????

The bun....
barf.gif

Just kidding.
laugh.gif

Here's what I did today and I love it on my big head. My hair was already curly from a rollerset, so I took the curls, piled them at the top of my head and pinned them into place at the very top. I didn't bother to be neat. It's a bit messy of a style. I left a few tendils down in the front. Really fun.
smile.gif

A protective style is any way that has your ends unexposed so that they are not rubbing up against your clothing or exposed to the air. Also some consider a french braid a protective style even though the ends are still exposed just because it is low manipulation and so forth. For the bun, just make sure you don't pull your hair too tight to protect your hairline. If you don't feel like your hair is long enough for a bun, try the foam buns from sally's. If you do a search for foam donut, you'll come up with how to use it if you don't know already. My hair is barely to my shoulders and I use this too because I think my hair is too short for a decent bun.

Thanks PBE. I discovered it last night when I was trying to figure out what to do with my stale looking curls.
laugh.gif

I do mainly buns and French Twists. Some use the bun foam donut from Sally's with nylon or hair (bought from store) wrapped around it, then after tucking their own hair under the donut, they put a scrunchie over it to hold everything in place. If you do a search on buns, you'll find lots of info about it.

When I do a bun instead of using a "donut" from the beauty supply store, I steal one of my hubbys clean socks, cut the toe off, and roll it down. Works just as well as the donut . . . .OR BETTER!
smile.gif

[ QUOTE ]
lisatamika said:
When I do a bun instead of using a "donut" from the beauty supply store, I steal one of my hubbys clean socks, cut the toe off, and roll it down. Works just as well as the donut . . . .OR BETTER!
smile.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

rofl.gif
laugh.gif
Uhmm...does he have any full socks left?
laugh.gif
Don't his toes feel cold? OK, let me stop.
nuts.gif

bun, double bun, pin curled bun, cornrows or twists going into a bun, french roll, frenchbraid with ends tucked under

Back