Products with bad alcohol in them that work good? Anyone know why this would be?

fluffylocks

There are two products I know of, French Perm Stabilizer Plus that has Isoproply alcohol, and John Frieda glazes that has Alcohol denant.

Both are high (Ones second the other third) on their ingredients list, then I found this old thread on Longhaircommunity, the link is not working in the persons original post, but the couple of comments after makes me think someone did an experiment saying Isoproply alchohol wasnt bad for hair.
http://archive.longhaircommunity.com/archive/index.php/t-2297.html

So is there anyway possible that it is not harmfull for hair all the time? Or an explanation to why it would make hair feel good?

These two products make my hair feel baby soft when washing, very easy to detangle, and it also feels more smooth and soft after. I know a good number of people like both products for about the same reasons as well.

The rest of the ingredients for French Perm

WATER(AQUA),ISOPROPLY ALCHOL,TRIDECETH-7 CARBOXYLIC ACID,POLYQUATERNIUM-10,OLEALKONIUM CHLORIDE,FRAGRANCE(PARFUM),METHYLPARABEN,PROPYLPARABEN

John Frieda Glaze

Water , Propylene Carbonate , Alcohol Denat , Citric Acid , Cyclopentasiloxane , Xanthan Gum , Dimethiconol , Malic Acid , Tourmaline Citrine , Hydrolyzed Vegetable Protein PG-Propyl Silanetriol , TEA-Cocoyl Hydrolyzed Soy Protein , Sodium Hydroxide , Methylchloroisothiazolinone , Methylisothiazolinone , Fragrance , Titanium Dioxide , Mica , Ext. Violet 2