Product Review--Biolage

Kitkat

I'm going to finish my NTM line, then try the Ultra Hydrating Shampoo and Ultra Hydrating Moisturizing Balm. I think that's what it's called. Can't wait; I'm always looking for good stuff to give my hair plenty o'slip!:lol:

dreemssold

Oh ok, mrslee, thanks! Today's the day I try it that way...I'm sure I'll love it, though :). crazyabouthair...I'll try it soon and review it. Maybe it's not as great as we think :look:....yeah...that's it :D. CBG, oh, I haven't used a white one before. I'll try this next month, then :). If I can find something like this but cheaper, I'm on it. You won't regret it, kitkat...it's the slippiest :grin:. DSD...like I told Tracy, I'm not worried...I know you can't won't be able to resist it for long :assimilat !
:lol:

Champagne_Wishes

A broke graduate
dreemssold said:
:lol: @ mrslee! Well...I guess you told me! *puts whip away* :grin: Chinagem, I used it as a deep conditioner, but I plan to try it every which way possible ;). I wished I had used any of those other conditioners you named (I do have my eye on Elucence, esp), but I'm afraid I can't compare. It's in my rotation and on my faves list, too, LadyJoli :D . You're welcome, Isis :). Champagne, I saw you hyping it in my search, so I partially owe this new soft hair to YOU....thanks much :yay:!

Awww....Well I am glad that you like it. I am torn between Biolage and Nexxus line. I love them both.

crazyabouthair

Biolage is on sale at Regis Hair Salons. They're selling all liter size shampoos or conditioners for $12 each. Other lines are also on sell. I decided to try Regis Smoothing shampoo and conditioner and silk drops, the three were on sell toghether for $14.95.

Kitkat

Okay, ladies, you win, and I'm sold! I'm picking up the Ultra Hydrating Shampoo and Balm after work, and I'm using it tonight. Looking forward to the slip. :)

Ronda123

Kitkat said:
Okay, ladies, you win, and I'm sold! I'm picking up the Ultra Hydrating Shampoo and Balm after work, and I'm using it tonight. Looking forward to the slip. :)

After reading the review on this product, I'm also sold. I have been looking for a second product to love as much as I love Elucence :love: ...thanks for the review!

dreemssold

Me too, CW! I'm going to have to keep an eye out for what you like...we might be hair twins :). *somebody sure is desperate for a hair twin :D*
Thanks, crazyabouthair :clap:!! Kitkat and Ronda, I hope you guys like it, please keep us posted :)!

sylver2

Okay, you sold me, I LOVE my NTM conditioner, but its almost finished, so I am going to try the Biolage. Report back later.

Honi

There is no board.
I tried this as a CW last night. I bought a 2.2 ounce sample which was not enough to cover my hair but I worked with it the best I could.

This conditioner is creamy thick and smells really good. I wet my hair and applied it and let it sit for a few minutes. Rinse out was really easy (I'm 3+ months post touchup). I got pretty good slip and softness from this.

Out the shower I towel blotted my hair and the first thing I noticed was the shine. The shine was similar to when I used Garnier Fructis as a CO wash. I applied some NTM leave in with a mixture of castor oil and olive oil, tied it down and went to bed. Next morning soft, shiny, supple hair roots and all.

This is a keeper! I'm trying to find some more of this stuff on sale.

naptrl

Dr. Naptrl :)
dreemssold said:
Naptrl...unfortunately, my eyes weren't even on Biolage back then, but I wish they were, because I'd have had it in my palms in a heartbeat...I'm all for sharing the wealth, but how could you give this stuff up :eek: ? :D
gIRL, i dont know what I was thinking back then!! I've obtained a whole new mindset on things since then! Oh well!!!

dontspeakdefeat

Hair Coach
dreemssold said:
DSD...like I told Tracy, I'm not worried...I know you can't won't be able to resist it for long :assimilat !
:lol:

Too right you are!! I am looking to purchase as soon as I find a sale!! hehehe:grin:

simplycee

Sweetest Taboo
Sorry ladies but I'm taking back my review of this stuff! I conditioned for the fourth time with the Ultra Hydrating Balm and I'm mad. :mad: My hair is dry today.

The first time I used this I mixed it with olive oil and left it on for 15 mins with heat. I like the way my hair felt when the conditioner was in but the next morning my hair was dry. I thought it was the leave in. On the second attempt I tried it after shampooing with no heat for 10 mins. Same dry crispy hair with no slip when detangling. Third attempt I used it after a light protein treatment, bad idea. So why I tried it again last night I have no clue? Again my hair felt so soft while I had the conditioner in but when I rinsed it out my hair had no slip. Now today my hair is dry and I'm mad.

This stuff is going back to the store and I'm going to exchange it for something else. Oh, I'm taking back the Ultra Hydrating Shampoo cause I like to use shampoos and conditioners from the same line. The shampoo was decent though.

mrslee

Love yourself first!
simplycee said:
Sorry ladies but I'm taking back my review of this stuff! I conditioned for the fourth time with the Ultra Hydrating Balm and I'm mad. :mad: My hair is dry today.

The first time I used this I mixed it with olive oil and left it on for 15 mins with heat. I like the way my hair felt when the conditioner was in but the next morning my hair was dry. I thought it was the leave in. On the second attempt I tried it after shampooing with no heat for 10 mins. Same dry crispy hair with no slip when detangling. Third attempt I used it after a light protein treatment, bad idea. So why I tried it again last night I have no clue? Again my hair felt so soft while I had the conditioner in but when I rinsed it out my hair had no slip. Now today my hair is dry and I'm mad.

This stuff is going back to the store and I'm going to exchange it for something else. Oh, I'm taking back the Ultra Hydrating Shampoo cause I like to use shampoos and conditioners from the same line. The shampoo was decent though.

Sorry to hear this, but maybe you are leaving it on too long. I only leave mine on for 3 minutes while in the shower and rinse.

Champagne_Wishes

A broke graduate
dreemssold said:
Me too, CW! I'm going to have to keep an eye out for what you like...we might be hair twins :). *somebody sure is desperate for a hair twin :D*
Thanks, crazyabouthair :clap:!! Kitkat and Ronda, I hope you guys like it, please keep us posted :)!

I guess but my hair is real thirsty. I mean I can glop on a sizeable amount of S-Curl(handful) and by morning my hair will be bone dry.

simplycee

Sweetest Taboo
mrslee said:
Sorry to hear this, but maybe you are leaving it on too long. I only leave mine on for 3 minutes while in the shower and rinse.

I thought my hair would love this stuff as my hair loves the thick, creamy conditioners but it just refused to work for me. I'll just stick with Humectress and Kenra. They work well for me.

dreemssold

:lol: @ naptrl, DSD, and sylver...yall are funny. It's ok sylver :whip:, lol. Honi, I'm so glad you like it, too! I used it as a CO wash yesterday, too, and yep...it's still rocking my world, lol. simplycee, I am so confused:(...I'm sorry it didn't work well...I don't think it was the heat or the the time, though...I used my with heat for longer than that and it was slippery slidey...but ain't nothin wrong with a little Kenra and Humectress any day ;). LOL @ real thirsty, CW! Usually mine isn't, but this Surge is making it real thirsty :lol:.

MonaLisa

sylver2 said:
Sorry..I couldn't do it.
I Punked out and and bought my trusty NTM daily conditioner.

Ooooh Sylver...you almost had me on the edge on that one!
*lets out sigh*

sylver2

MonaLisa said:
Ooooh Sylver...you almost had me on the edge on that one!
*lets out sigh*

lol, I know, I almost cheated, but what for, I have everything I need at home..:yep:
We need to start a thread trying to turn people on to NTM.

MonaLisa

sylver2 said:
lol, I know, I almost cheated, but what for, I have everything I need at home..:yep:
We need to start a thread trying to turn people on to NTM.

See now I feel guilt...cause I'm getting a wash and set tomorrow..and I was gonna use the whole NTM line (I have a mask I need to use up) - but that Dana chick has me swaying to stop by the BSS tomorrow morning to pick up the Salerm WG mask. I'm having dinner with males tomorrow so I'm trying to look cute tomorrow, cause I know they'll be in my scalp.

mrslee

Love yourself first!
MonaLisa said:
See now I feel guilt...cause I'm getting a wash and set tomorrow..and I was gonna use the whole NTM line (I have a mask I need to use up) - but that Dana chick has me swaying to stop by the BSS tomorrow morning to pick up the Salerm WG mask. I'm having dinner with males tomorrow so I'm trying to look cute tomorrow, cause I know they'll be in my scalp.

I tried the NTM serum in the store today and it was a wonderful experience...I must admit! :)

MonaLisa

mrslee said:
I tried the NTM serum in the store today and it was a wonderful experience...I must admit! :)

This is very wrong that we hijacked the Biolage review thread and started talking about other products. lol. apologies to the biolage folks.

and...I'm not gonna comment...on...I tried the ntm serum in the store...
like u opened a bottle, rubbed some on...closed it...and left the premises.*cough*

mrslee

Love yourself first!
MonaLisa said:
This is very wrong that we hijacked the Biolage review thread and started talking about other products. lol. apologies to the biolage folks.

and...I'm not gonna comment...on...I tried the ntm serum in the store...
like u opened a bottle, rubbed some on...closed it...and left the premises.*cough*

I am sorry Biolage fans, although I am one as well! I just had to share.
Mona, you should have seen me looking all around! I thought someone was going to say I had to buy it! I had a hard time getting it out the package! LOL!

Kitkat

Dreemsold and everyone else, I'm back with my review of the Biolage Ultra Hydrating Shampoo and Ultra Hydrating Balm. Sorry to say that I wasn't bowled over by them. My hair didn't feel soft after the shampoo (but one of you ladies posted that it had the same effect on your hair, so I wasn't surprised). However, the Ultra Hydrating Balm didn't leave me with anywhere near the amount of slip that I hoped for. :(

The balm did soften my hair after the hard-as-sandpaper feel I had after the shampoo, but I wanted the super slip that I get from Motions or NTM conditioners! My hair feels the same way after Paul Mitchell Supercharged - softened, but no major slip. I know that Motions is loaded with cones, so maybe that's why it has that effect on my hair.

Anyhoo, I'll finish my supply, and I'm glad that I bought the small 4.2 oz size of the Balm and resisted the larger version. Unfortunately, I have the regular sized version fo the shampoo, cuz that's all they had. But I won't be buying that line again. Oh, well, it's nice to experiment to see what works for me!:) Kudos to all the ladies for whom Biolage is the bomb. Back to my NTM line until something else tempts me to stray!:lol:

Oh, and on the NTM serum tip, that stuff is the bomb. I like that it doesn't have alcohol, like some serums do. MonaLisa, you should check out the NTM Daily Deep Conditioner. Trust me. I was hooked on the Deep Recovery Mask until someone on this board pointed out to me that the Daily Deep Conditioner has practically the same ingredients as the Mask. You get more conditioner with the DDC, it's cheaper, extremely creamy, and gives the same incredible softeness as the Mask. Try it, girlie, you won't regret it.:grin:

dreemssold

Kitkat said:
The balm did soften my hair after the hard-as-sandpaper feel I had after the shampoo, but I wanted the super slip that I get from Motions or NTM conditioners! My hair feels the same way after Paul Mitchell Supercharged - softened, but no major slip. I know that Motions is loaded with cones, so maybe that's why it has that effect on my hair.

:lol: I'm sorry...that cracked me up. *sigh* I'm sorry you didn't like it, either, Kitkat...I don't understand--it's like BUTTA on my hair, and my hair is dangerous terrain. I guess this is why you have to try everything, though...you just never know. Thanks for the review, though :).

Oh, and if yall don't get to gettin' with all this NTM mess, yall better :whip:!!

*as I smooth my NTM serum on my hair* :lachen: