Biolage Saved My Hair........(long)

hairgirl

:eek: I was breaking, shedding and dry and this stuff has turned it all around for my hair woes, blues, etc....... I am what you call a closet product junky and the biggest LHCF lurker. This is my 1st thread, so hi all. No pictures yet but I will start an album soon.

I used the Ultra Hydrating line (shampoo and conditioning balm) along with the ceramide hair repair for moisture, smooth line serum and hydro foam for roller sets or wraps. My hair type is 4a and I tell you this stuff stopped my severe breakage. I have the kind of hair that harsh protein treatments will break off so those of you who have this problem also, try the ceramide for weak and dry hair (only use the one with moisture added). :)

I also changed the type of rollers I use. I tried magnetic and caruso for wet sets and didn't like how dry they left my hair. I found (for my hair) that velcro rollers left it softer. Now with all my new growth (being 7 wks post relaxer) I wouldn't recommend roller setting because the roots will cause breakage to the fragile relaxed hair. So here's what I did.

I lurked like I said, and did some trial and error, and ladies I'm proud to say I've found my tools for stretching my relaxers. (My goal is 3 months......so I have 5 weeks left). Well with my new ceramic, ionic hand dryer (with comb attachments) and my maxiglide I know I'll get there. I use the biolage smoothing serum for heat protection and my hair comes out soft, soft, soft. I change this up with braid outs but don't always get the soft uniform results as when I use my maxiglide. The maxiglide is the ##1 FLAT IRON i've ever tried. I've tried sedu, chi and hot tools, but my MAXI actually softened my hair.

I hope this helps someone out because it sure did help me. I tried to do what sylver2 was doing but my hair didn't respond to the NTM the way it's responding to Biolage. NTM is just o.k. for me, great for softness, But if you're looking for softness, moisture and strength.........BIOLAGE...........need I say more:grin:

Welcome and I'm soo glad u found what works for u. Its hard to find that ..and not everything that works for others work for everyone else..

also I know what u mean about Maxiglide..its the truth!!..lol

Interesting. So did you use the scarf method or was it air drying that you did that was similar to Sylver?

imani97 said:
Interesting. So did you use the scarf method or was it air drying that you did that was similar to Sylver?

She was talking about NTM. Biolage is better to her hair :))

I'm glad you've found the right products for your hair, Hairgirl!

I'm a fan of Biolage Ultrahydrating Balm, too. Although ORS is an even better deep conditioning treatment, IMO.

HHG!

imani97 said:

Actually, I was following Sylver2's regimen to the letter (not that it's not good) but my hair required a different product line & drying method. I tried it all though the scarf method, air drying, etc................lol...............These work well for me when I just received a fresh relaxer.

sylver2 said:
Welcome and I'm soo glad u found what works for u. Its hard to find that ..and not everything that works for others work for everyone else..

also I know what u mean about Maxiglide..its the truth!!..lol

Thanks sylver2..............Your growth inspired me to take matters in my own hands. I sent you a msg. but then found Biolage so u can disregard that. But I'm not kidding ladies Biolage is a Miracle & so is using a HEATING CAP.

& You're right Sylver Maxiglide is the TRUTH......lol!

I'm glad that you've found a regimen that's to your liking.

BTW--Welcome! :dance7:

hairgirl said:
Thanks sylver2..............Your growth inspired me to take matters in my own hands. I sent you a msg. but then found Biolage so u can disregard that. But I'm not kidding ladies Biolage is a Miracle & so is using a HEATING CAP.

& You're right Sylver Maxiglide is the TRUTH......lol!

I have been using the knock version from Sallys(Biotera). I really like it! Maybe I will try the real thing and see how they compare.

kim said:
I have been using the knock version from Sallys(Biotera). I really like it! Maybe I will try the real thing and see how they compare.

Cool let me know what you think..........

Hairgirl,

Can you please post the ingredients for the ultra hydrating shampoo, ultra hydrating balm (conditioner), serum and hydro foam? Do these products have protein in them?

thanks

Diane

DMarie said:
Hairgirl,

Can you please post the ingredients for the ultra hydrating shampoo, ultra hydrating balm (conditioner), serum and hydro foam? Do these products have protein in them?

thanks

Diane

I didn't find any protein.........just moisturizing agents in the hydratherapie line. Stuff like shea butter, glycerin, castor oil, & 'cones', amongst other moisture benefits. I say give it a try and see how it works for you or pay a visit to trade secret or regis and get a line by line listing of the ingredients. LoL, it's too much for me to enter.

Let me know how it works for ya!!

hairgirl said:
:eek: I was breaking, shedding and dry and this stuff has turned it all around for my hair woes, blues, etc....... I am what you call a closet product junky and the biggest LHCF lurker. This is my 1st thread, so hi all. No pictures yet but I will start an album soon.

I used the Ultra Hydrating line (shampoo and conditioning balm) along with the ceramide hair repair for moisture, smooth line serum and hydro foam for roller sets or wraps. My hair type is 4a and I tell you this stuff stopped my severe breakage. I have the kind of hair that harsh protein treatments will break off so those of you who have this problem also, try the ceramide for weak and dry hair (only use the one with moisture added). :)

I also changed the type of rollers I use. I tried magnetic and caruso for wet sets and didn't like how dry they left my hair. I found (for my hair) that velcro rollers left it softer. Now with all my new growth (being 7 wks post relaxer) I wouldn't recommend roller setting because the roots will cause breakage to the fragile relaxed hair. So here's what I did.

I lurked like I said, and did some trial and error, and ladies I'm proud to say I've found my tools for stretching my relaxers. (My goal is 3 months......so I have 5 weeks left). Well with my new ceramic, ionic hand dryer (with comb attachments) and my maxiglide I know I'll get there. I use the biolage smoothing serum for heat protection and my hair comes out soft, soft, soft. I change this up with braid outs but don't always get the soft uniform results as when I use my maxiglide. The maxiglide is the ##1 FLAT IRON i've ever tried. I've tried sedu, chi and hot tools, but my MAXI actually softened my hair.

I hope this helps someone out because it sure did help me. I tried to do what sylver2 was doing but my hair didn't respond to the NTM the way it's responding to Biolage. NTM is just o.k. for me, great for softness, But if you're looking for softness, moisture and strength.........BIOLAGE...........need I say more:grin:

Congratulation . . . I just discovered biolage last week and wanted to come in and make an announcement but I couldnt get into the forum. I picked up thier shine renewal and I love the smell and what it does for my hair. LOVE IT. I even spritz a bit on my carusos before I used them and WOWEE!

So I am going to try some of thier the other stuff.

I use Sylver's scarf method too - the Frizz Ease on wet hair was the key for me and I also have the ionic hairdryer with comb attachment :D I dont know how I lived without these things. I love NTM and it works great but will try the rest of biolage. It's great to have more than one brand you can trust.

Back