Product Review--Biolage

dreemssold

I know this has been done before...I have read the threads :D, but I wouldn't feel right if I didn't give this product a shout-out. Being on the Surge challenge has been making my hair dried out and sometimes brittle. Slip has morphed into a thing of the past. I deep condition, I pre-poo, I only do CO washes, yadda, yadda, yadda. Anything and everything to hold onto the moisture, but it has remained an ever-elusive fantasy. So I read through as many conditioner threads as I could stand and then decided to try Biolage Ultra Hydrating Balm. Can we say ULTIMATE SLIP. My dried up hair is now...what? SILKY! Soft! Unbelievable. I am now Surging sans worries, because I have Biolage UHB on my side :clap:. Just thought I'd shout it out again for anyone trying to decide whether they should get it. Do it. It's a beautiful thang, a beautiful thaaang :grin:.

katie

Thanks for the review.I have been eyeing this.Once I use up the Biolage Conditioning Balm I think I'll give this a try.

crazyabouthair

I recently tried this conditioner and liked it, it worked well on my daughter's hair also. I wonder how it compares to Regis hydrating balm.

Tracy

dreemssold said:
I know this has been done before...I have read the threads :D, but I wouldn't feel right if I didn't give this product a shout-out. Being on the Surge challenge has been making my hair dried out and sometimes brittle. Slip has morphed into a thing of the past. I deep condition, I pre-poo, I only do CO washes, yadda, yadda, yadda. Anything and everything to hold onto the moisture, but it has remained an ever-elusive fantasy. So I read through as many conditioner threads as I could stand and then decided to try Biolage Ultra Hydrating Balm. Can we say ULTIMATE SLIP. My dried up hair is now...what? SILKY! Soft! Unbelievable. I am now Surging sans worries, because I have Biolage UHB on my side :clap:. Just thought I'd shout it out again for anyone trying to decide whether they should get it. Do it. It's a beautiful thang, a beautiful thaaang :grin:.

LOL! Now *I* want some. But I just bought a rack of Dom. conditioners... :look:

mrslee

Love yourself first!
dreemssold said:
This is my favorite conditioner!! It is the bomb! :) :dance7:

dreemssold

Get it, katie, you must :D. I haven't tried Regis, crazyabouthair...but if it compares, I am curious ;). LOL @ Natalie...I used it after a CO wash, under my heat cap for about 20 minutes, but there is no way I can't try it as a CO wash. I must...for research's sake :look:. Tracy, I'm not worried...I know you'll get around to it :grin:. mrslee, I can't BELIEVE you didn't tell me about this! I was thinking of you when I posted, too, because I remember you said something about the Surge being drying for you, also...shame on you for keeping secrets :whip:! :grin:

Chinagem

Do you use this as a regular conditioner or as a deep conditioner? I've been looking for a great conditioner and I was thinking of either this, elucence mb, or keratase Masquintense Intense Enriching Treatment. I don't know what to do. I want something that I'm going to be pleased with. OT: has anybody used any of the other conditioners I've listed and can give a comparison of it with the Biolage? TIA.

mrslee

Love yourself first!
dreemssold said:
Get it, katie, you must :D. I haven't tried Regis, crazyabouthair...but if it compares, I am curious ;). LOL @ Natalie...I used it after a CO wash, under my heat cap for about 20 minutes, but there is no way I can't try it as a CO wash. I must...for research's sake :look:. Tracy, I'm not worried...I know you'll get around to it :grin:. mrslee, I can't BELIEVE you didn't tell me about this! I was thinking of you when I posted, too, because I remember you said something about the Surge being drying for you, also...shame on you for keeping secrets :whip:! :grin:

Ummm excuse me missy!! I think I have been raving about this for a while now! You will have to do a search on my posts to see! :). I was introduced to it around x-mas time and I love it! I tried this since I cant find the Humecto!
:(. So...... Please dont spank me!! :)

mrslee

Love yourself first!
Chinagem said:
Do you use this as a regular conditioner or as a deep conditioner? I've been looking for a great conditioner and I was thinking of either this, elucence mb, or keratase Masquintense Intense Enriching Treatment. I don't know what to do. I want something that I'm going to be pleased with. OT: has anybody used any of the other conditioners I've listed and can give a comparison of it with the Biolage? TIA.

I use the biolage as a reg conditioner. I leave it on for about 3 minutes and rinse. I also love GPB and NTM conditoner! Mane and Tail is a great leave in conditoner for me. :)

Paris Belle

I just bought and tried the regular version. It worked very well on my hair. I will definitely keep it in my rotation.

Champagne_Wishes

A broke graduate
YAY DREEM!!!! I have this conditioner also and I love the slip I get. Now if I use this with the Biolage Hydro-active masque, my guess my hair would be super moisturized.

Isis

Thanks Dreemssold for your great review! You too, Mrslee. The only Biolage I use is the leave-in tonic and it's divine. Sounds like this product is too!:)

mrslee

Love yourself first!
Isis said:
Thanks Dreemssold for your great review! You too, Mrslee. The only Biolage I use is the leave-in tonic and it's divine. Sounds like this product is too!:)

No problem Isis! :)

dreemssold

:lol: @ mrslee! Well...I guess you told me! *puts whip away* :grin: Chinagem, I used it as a deep conditioner, but I plan to try it every which way possible ;). I wished I had used any of those other conditioners you named (I do have my eye on Elucence, esp), but I'm afraid I can't compare. It's in my rotation and on my faves list, too, LadyJoli :D . You're welcome, Isis :). Champagne, I saw you hyping it in my search, so I partially owe this new soft hair to YOU....thanks much :yay:!

crazyabouthair

The only way I've used this conditioner is as an instant conditioner and it did a great job. I've use kerastase masquintence in the past and it makes the hair really soft. However the price you pay for a little bit of conditioner is ridiculus. You get more for your money if you buy biolage.

mrslee

Love yourself first!
crazyabouthair said:
The only way I've used this conditioner is as an instant conditioner and it did a great job. I've use kerastase masquintence in the past and it makes the hair really soft. However the price you pay for a little bit of conditioner is ridiculus. You get more for your money if you buy biolage.

True, and you dont have to use a whole lot of it to get results.

webby

Think Slim
I don't think that I replied to this post.

Anyway, I love this product. I bought it, instead of the Biolage Hair Masque one time and really lived it.

dreemssold

crazyabouthair, I used it today as a regular conditioner, and what more can I say...I'm still LOVING it :). It smell so good, too...I left that out. You're welcome, Allandra...I know you'll just love it :D. Webby, you didn't--can you tell me how the masque compares, please? TIA!

mrslee

Love yourself first!
dreemssold said:
crazyabouthair, I used it today as a regular conditioner, and what more can I say...I'm still LOVING it :). It smell so good, too...I left that out. You're welcome, Allandra...I know you'll just love it :D. Webby, you didn't--can you tell me how the masque compares, please? TIA!

DSD, do you use it everyday and do you let your airdry or are you flat ironing as well.
Also, I tried to look at your album and the password doesnt work. :( Can you help me?

webby

Think Slim
dreemssold said:

Well, you already know the obvious...it smells dee-vine :grin:
The masque is uber-thick and lush, has little bead emollients in it. I find that it's a pretty good deep conditioner. I use the other one more like a quickie rinse, detangler.

cutebajangirl

The Lafier Lanolina Rinse works just as good as the Biolage as an instant detangler and it is cheaper too. I find I can even use either as a post protein moisturizer.

naptrl

Dr. Naptrl :)
Dang it Dreem! Was it you that I gave my Biolage to at the meeting?! Now I gotta go buy some more!! :)

Honi

There is no board.
Funny I just picked up a sample of this at a BSS. I plan on using it as a CO wash. My roots are thick and I'm still looking for a conditioner with ultimate slip. I can't wait to try it now with that kind of review.

Your hair is gorgeous BTW Dreemsold. :up::up:

dreemssold

mrslee, I used it first as a deep conditioner, then today as a regular conditioner, and I will probably try it tomorrow as a CO wash. What? Who's obsessive :D? I won't use it everyday...I don't think, but I do want to try it every way possible. At some point, I'll use it in my prepoo treatment, too. I just it airdry...I don't own any heat appliances outside my heat cap. I don't know what's wrong with my album...the password is hairpics, though. Let me know if it's still acting janky :).
OMG, Webby...I GOT TA have that :lick:! That review is making me drool over here :D. Thanks! CBJ...is that the pink rinse? I do love that stuff, but I've never used any at home. I might need some of that if you like it post-protein :scratchch. Naptrl...unfortunately, my eyes weren't even on Biolage back then, but I wish they were, because I'd have had it in my palms in a heartbeat...I'm all for sharing the wealth, but how could you give this stuff up :eek: ? :D
Ooooh, Honi, please let me know if you love it, too? Thank you so much, btw...my hair wants to be like yours when it grows up :D!

mrslee

Love yourself first!
dreemssold said:
mrslee, I used it first as a deep conditioner, then today as a regular conditioner, and I will probably try it tomorrow as a CO wash. What? Who's obsessive :D? I won't use it everyday...I don't think, but I do want to try it every way possible. At some point, I'll use it in my prepoo treatment, too. I just it airdry...I don't own any heat appliances outside my heat cap. I don't know what's wrong with my album...the password is hairpics, though. Let me know if it's still acting janky :).
OMG, Webby...I GOT TA have that :lick:! That review is making me drool over here :D. Thanks! CBJ...is that the pink rinse? I do love that stuff, but I've never used any at home. I might need some of that if you like it post-protein :scratchch. Naptrl...unfortunately, my eyes weren't even on Biolage back then, but I wish they were, because I'd have had it in my palms in a heartbeat...I'm all for sharing the wealth, but how could you give this stuff up :eek: ? :D
Ooooh, Honi, please let me know if you love it, too? Thank you so much, btw...my hair wants to be like yours when it grows up :D!

OK! Thanks sweetie!

I have used it as a CW and it is great!

crazyabouthair

Man, I want to try the hydro-active masque now. These twins I'm carrying got me on bedrest and since I'm not working now and don't plan on going back to work for a long while (a year or more) I can't afford to splurge on shampoos and conditioners anymore.

I'm taking donations if anyone cares to donate to the cause (lol).