Product Buildup and Conditioner Washes ?

DigitalRain

I started out my new year by wearing my hair up every day and moisturizing every day. I'm also using Surge for breakage at the nape of my neck and it has helped tremendously.

My question is, how do I reduce buildup? Since I've been moisturizing daily, I have the worst buildup. I use Profectiv Megagrowth mostly and sometimes I use BB Castor Oil Moisturizer. I wash once a week.

I would also like to start doing conditioner washes, but I just don't see how conditioner is going to rinse away this buildup effectively. Any advice is appreciated.

steph

DigitalRain, I do conditioner washes, but i clarify at least twice a week or more, but i exercise and sweat heavy. I clarify with ACV rinse or baking soda. These have worked really well on my hair. HTH

NAY007

If you want to continue using the products you have mentioned you should clarify when you wash once a week. Purchase a clarifying shampoo and wash twice. Then you can follow with a moisturizing shampoo, then with a conditioner. If clarifying once a week is still not enough you should add another day, on which you wash with regular/moisturizing shampoo. Since you moisturize your hair a lot already I don't think that conditioner washes are necessary for you.

Shana

V05 makes a kiwi lime squeeze clarifying conditioner. It is awesome for removing build up. I have a lot of build up on my hair as well from applying so much oil to my dry hair, adn it works wonders for me. In addition, I too use the ACV rinse to clarify and to remove the gunk from the hard water that I have to use in Germany.