DENSE HAIR & PRODUCT BUILDUP

LivingDoll

Hello to all my fellow dense haired members...I'm having problems ridding my hair of buildup. I've tried chelating and clarifying poos (ORS Creamy Aloe, Nexxus Aloe Rid, and Suave Clarifying) and none of them really worked the way I expected. I've also tried rinsing longer which seems to help, but I can still see a few flakes. I shampoo and DC twice a week.

Any suggestions?

Lucky's Mom

Hello my dear!

Looks like you had not tried plain ole Baking soda in water....It is something you probably have in the kitchen.............

1 TBL of Baking soda
16 oz of water

put that in a tint bottle - and start soaking it in from the scalp.

HTH!!!:drunk: this has been great for me!

Baking soda will get rid of the buildup - get rid of the flakes, etc............

Last edited:

Dposh167

are u primarily talking about buildup on ur scalp or buildup on ur hair shaft? if its ur scalp, try a shampoo that's specifically made for fighting flakes on ur scalp if none of the poos u listed worked

LivingDoll

are u primarily talking about buildup on ur scalp or buildup on ur hair shaft? if its ur scalp, try a shampoo that's specifically made for fighting flakes on ur scalp if none of the poos u listed worked

Hi poochie...the answer is both but moreso on the hair shaft.

ETA: I'm lovin' your bun! Very elegant and classic. :yep:

LivingDoll

Hello my dear!

Looks like you had not tried plain ole Baking soda in water....It is something you probably have in the kitchen.............

1 TBL of Baking soda
16 oz of water

put that in a tint bottle - and start soaking it in from the scalp.

HTH!!!:drunk: this has been great for me!

Baking soda will get rid of the buildup - get rid of the flakes, etc............

Hi samantha, I haven't tried that. I have demi-permed black color...will the baking soda strip my color?