Problem: Just got a sew-in weave done!

Gemini350z

I just got a weave as a protective style, on Saturday.

it s a full head weave with my edges and a little hair out to make a part.

This girl braided my hair so tight. My scalp is red and it hurts to touch. Just around the edges. Is there anything I can put on it to make it feel better? I paid $150 dollars for the service, so I really do not want to take it out. But if it is going to ruin my hair then I will!

Suerte

Go back to the salon ASAP and have her take it out and give you your money back.

If there is a protest, threaten to call the police so that you have a detailed statement for your upcoming civil suit.

FOR NEXT TIME... if someone is doing your hair and they are hurting you, tell them to stop.

PinkSkates

OMG! :blush: I agree with Suerte, you gotta go get that taken out immediately, the braiding is too tight and plus the weight of the added hair can cause serious hair loss. Please do it today!

Gemini350z

http://public.fotki.com/Gemini350z/sew-in-february-2008/sewinfebruary2008/

I took some pictures because I was not sure if I might have any damage.

It is very red and painful, clipped some of the strings so i can undo that section, it feels much better. This is my first full sew-in usually i just get a couple tracks added for length. But I wanted to do a full protective style as I stretched.

I called her but she did not answer.

should I do anything to the area to make sure I have no permanent issues?

Last edited:

plzgrow

Wow you scalp is very red.. I would suggest contacting her to see if its anyway she can loosen the tension. If the braids are tight and the sew in is tight that can cause double trouble. But if your stylist either loosen the sewing or the braids it can relive the tension and i would definately put some oil in that area.. Alopeica is scary....

Gemini350z

no, and i dont think it was the braids really it was the sewing onto the braid that caused it to be real tight.

Gemini350z

Wow you scalp is very red.. I would suggest contacting her to see if its anyway she can loosen the tension. If the braids are tight and the sew in is tight that can cause double trouble. But if your stylist either loosen the sewing or the braids it can relive the tension and i would definately put some oil in that area.. Alopeica is scary....

Yea, I just took the sewing loose in that area and put some mahabhringaraj oil on it, it is supposed to help cure hair loss caused my alopecia.