PrePooers/Clarifyers!: Do you prepoo before you clarify?

OneInAMillion

I do...I never thought about it though. The reason I pre-poo is to make my hair softer and more manageable. So the effects last through clarifying, which can often leave hair dry, and stripped. I get a squeaky clean feeling, that's also easy to detangle.

natstar

I don't. The reason I clarify is to get rid of any build up. The pre poo treatment will just add to the problem. I use Elucence clarifying poo. It's not stripping or harsh and does the job effectively. When I clarify is the only time I don't pre-poo. HTH

remnant

OneInAMillion said:
I do...I never thought about it though. The reason I pre-poo is to make my hair softer and more manageable. So the effects last through clarifying, which can often leave hair dry, and stripped. I get a squeaky clean feeling, that's also easy to detangle.

Same here!:yep:

B_Phlyy

Pineapple Eating Unicorn
Not anymore. When I tried it, I noticed I had buildup before and after, so now I just don't do it.

lonei

I do and it works just fine. I use Suave con for about 10 mins then use Keracare 1st lather and its very soft, softer than if I just used it on its own.

LovelyLionessa

OneInAMillion said:

I am really addicted to pre pooing even when clarifying. I used to not pre poo before clarifying, but last week I decided to give it a try and I liked the results. I used my Proclaim Neutralizing poo (which I love BTW) just to remove buildup from silicones. I agree that the pre poo helps condition and make the hair softer and managable while cleaning the hair. :yep:

Cichelle

No. When I'm at the point of needing to clarify, it is usually because I don't like the way my hair feels from product build up. So, I don't put anything more in it first.

Last edited:

sareca

Nope. I'm trying to get the hard water minerals out of my hair. I want as few layers of stuff between the clarifier and my hair as possible.

EishBuhgeish

natstar said:
I don't. The reason I clarify is to get rid of any build up. The pre poo treatment will just add to the problem. I use Elucence clarifying poo. It's not stripping or harsh and does the job effectively. When I clarify is the only time I don't pre-poo. HTH

Ditto. I use Pantene Clarifying or Herbal Essences De-gunkifing...

LovelyLionessa

I should also mention that I'm trying a new method of clarifying now. In using my Proclaim Neutralizing poo instead of a traditional clarifiyng poo, I still get the removal of product buildup with the SLS ingriedient without the hair getting "stripped" per se as it might with a harsher clarifier. It's comparable to the formula found in Nexxus Aloe Rid in terms of gentleness, I imagine, just cheaper. :look:

However, if there were something seriously wrong with my hair like if I had that scary, over-conditioned, mushy feeling, then by all means I wouldn't pre-poo, I'd reach for a heavy duty clarifying shampoo. :yep:

I thought I'd just add that to "CLARIFY." :lol: