Protein Treatment Users...Clarify before or Regular Shampoo?

MizaniMami

Hello all,

This question is for the people who use protein treatments. Do you clarify before or do you use your regular shampoo?

I usually clarify before but I am going to do my jet black rinse tonight as well so I was wondering how should I do it.

Are you going to apply the rinse before or after the protein treatment?

I would clarify first, do protein treatment, then rinse, then follow with softening/ moisturizing conditioner.........

I usually clarify as opposed to regular shampoo when I do a protein treatment. Unless I haven't used too much product and don't have a lot of build-up.

But I always get better results when I clarifiy before any deep treatment.

HTH.

I'm curious to know about people who do the protein treatment first on dry hair.

How do you clarify? Do you do it after the protein treatment (which i guess would not make sense) or do you do an ACV rinse at the very end or just not at all?

I like the protein treatment on dry hair before the shower (mostly b/c that saves me one extra trip BACK into the shower to rinse something out), however I feel like maybe I should be clarifying first.

Shashemane said:
Are you going to apply the rinse before or after the protein treatment?

I would clarify first, do protein treatment, then rinse, then follow with softening/ moisturizing conditioner.........

I usually clarify as opposed to regular shampoo when I do a protein treatment. Unless I haven't used too much product and don't have a lot of build-up.

But I always get better results when I clarifiy before any deep treatment.

HTH.

I usually apply the rinse after the protein treatmen (nexxus emergence)

But how you had it was exactly what I was thinking. But the directions on the rinse say to shampoo it out. I have used with and without shampooing it out with the same outcomes. So I'll try it again without shampooing out. Thanks for replying.

jackie1277 said:
I'm curious to know about people who do the protein treatment first on dry hair.

How do you clarify? Do you do it after the protein treatment (which i guess would not make sense) or do you do an ACV rinse at the very end or just not at all?

I like the protein treatment on dry hair before the shower (mostly b/c that saves me one extra trip BACK into the shower to rinse something out), however I feel like maybe I should be clarifying first.

I usually do the protein on dry hair when it is a light protein such as keraphix. But tonigh I am doing emergencee which is a harsher protein.

whenever i do *intense protein* like aphogee, keraphix, or the two mixed together, i clarify FIRST.
if i'm doing a protein treatment, then rinse, i DO NOT shampoo afterward.
just deep condition.
i like to keep as much color as possible and don't want the shampoo to rinse it away.
i love to do a reddish-brownise rinse over my highlights.
it makes them GLOW!

regular shampoo b/c aphogee says to "gently cleanse your hair" and emergencee says use shampoo 4 your hair type. if you dont have buildup then you dont need to clarify.

newslady said:
whenever i do *intense protein* like aphogee, keraphix, or the two mixed together, i clarify FIRST.
if i'm doing a protein treatment, then rinse, i DO NOT shampoo afterward.
just deep condition.
i like to keep as much color as possible and don't want the shampoo to rinse it away.
i love to do a reddish-brownise rinse over my highlights.
it makes them GLOW!

Hey Aveda Sis,

I see you are loving the Aveda and Keracare! Girl I came up with a bomb way to use both! It's in my regimen and it makes my hair feel like intense butta.

Basicly what I do is shampoo with keracare detangling (and I may mix it with DR if I feel like it) I apply my keracare humecto, under a heat cap for about 10 minutes, take off cap, and detangle, then I apply my aveda conditioner or treatment, get back under the cap for another 20 minutes and it's buttah baby!

You should try it girl! it's the truth! Since Aveda doesn't help much with my tangles humecto gets the tangles and give some moisture and aveda give me that strength and ultra smoothness. It came to me in a dream to use it that way lol, I'm crazy

MizaniMami said:
Hey Aveda Sis,

I see you are loving the Aveda and Keracare! Girl I came up with a bomb way to use both! It's in my regimen and it makes my hair feel like intense butta.

Basicly what I do is shampoo with keracare detangling (and I may mix it with DR if I feel like it) I apply my keracare humecto, under a heat cap for about 10 minutes, take off cap, and detangle, then I apply my aveda conditioner or treatment, get back under the cap for another 20 minutes and it's buttah baby!

You should try it girl! it's the truth! Since Aveda doesn't help much with my tangles humecto gets the tangles and give some moisture and aveda give me that strength and ultra smoothness. It came to me in a dream to use it that way lol, I'm crazy

You need to be in an Aveda commercial!
You're so devoted to the line.
I'm too broke from buying DR to buy anymore Humecto but it provides moisture like NO OTHER.
But since Aveda did me so well in grad school I'm going back to the line as much as possible.
And its so much easier to go to the mall to buy Aveda vs finding the Kercare product I want at JC Penney's (which doesn't always have what I want) or ordering Kercare on-line and waiting for it to arrive.

Wish you well with the rinse!
Protein and rinsing is wonderful for me.

newslady said:
You need to be in an Aveda commercial!
You're so devoted to the line.
I'm too broke from buying DR to buy anymore Humecto but it provides moisture like NO OTHER.
But since Aveda did me so well in grad school I'm going back to the line as much as possible.
And its so much easier to go to the mall to buy Aveda vs finding the Kercare product I want at JC Penney's (which doesn't always have what I want) or ordering Kercare on-line and waiting for it to arrive.

Wish you well with the rinse!
Protein and rinsing is wonderful for me.

Lol, a commercial would be great. But you know what I do. I put up a dollar everytime I think about when I need to restock. By that time I already have about 50 bucks to restock. I am so serious about this line. But yeah, I already washed, proteined, and rinsed, now I am under the dryer with my Aveda DR/humecto mix, ready to rinse.

Thanks for the wishes and girl I wish you the same. You better start scraping up those pennies lol

Back