How many times do you wash and DC your hair in a month?

Qualitee

and why?...

I wash:

I DC:

I clarify every_____with:

I do other things such as cowashing, prepoo etc:

Last edited:

AHeadOfCoils

I wash once a week and DC whenever I remember to. I don't really think DCs work that well. :( My hair is moisturized and easy to detangle after a regular ol conditioning session. I have to wash once a week because I use gel and after so many applications it starts to clump up even after a co-wash.

ETA: I shampoo with the Shea Moisture Moisture Retention Shampoo and when I DC it's with ORS.

Disregard the above and let me update this....

I rotate between Shea Moisture Moisture Retention Shampoo and Bobeam's Shealoe Shampoo Bar weekly. I DC weekly with Aubrey Organics White Camellia or JessiCurl Weekly Deep Conditioning Treatment.

Last edited:

Napp

Ms. Nobody
I wash: 1-2X a month

I DC: when i wash

I clarify every_____with:
N/A

N/A

why? i cant be bothered:lol:

Nonie

Assuming a month has 4 weeks:

I wash: 8 times a month

I DC: 4 times a month

I clarify every_____with: Ermm...I don't really clarify, but one of the shampoos I use in rotation does have the word "clarifying" in its name but I don't deliberately pick it up coz I need to clarify. I can go months w/o it and I don't feel like I'm missing anything. My hair is bare most of the time so build up isn't something I worry about.

I do other things such as cowashing, prepoo etc: I might CW twists if I want to style them (coz they are easier to work with when damp) or I might do it if hair feels dry in-between washdays but it isn't something I do regularly. I don't prepoo...except when DCing with AO GPB which is supposed to be applied to dry hair for DCing purposes...so the DC comes before the shampoo. I do ACV rinse at the end of every wash.

Before I settled on this wash regimen, I used to wash my hair only when it felt dry (www.blackwomenrejoice.com idea) and in time that worked out to be twice a week. I DC once a week coz weekends are the only time I have the patience/time for it. Regular wash day doesn't take more than 5-10 mins in the week but when I DC I take between 20-30 minutes so the weekend is better for that since I don't usually have a schedule set in stone to keep.

GaiasDaughter24

I wash: once a week. I like a clean scalp.

I DC:2x's a week, 8 times a month because it keeps my hair well moisturized. When my hair was dry I tried everything. It wasn't until I upped my DC'ing that my hair started staying moisturized.

I clarify every_____with: Suave. It gets the job done. ?I do this once or twice a month because I have VERY hard water.

N/A

nymane

I wash: Once a week

I DC: Once a week

I clarify every_____with: I don't really clarify...

I do other things such as cowashing, prepoo etc: I pre-poo once a week before I shampoo (I co-wash when I do my low mani styles like braid outs and flexi rod sets)

.:Eden:.

I wash: 4-5x a month (depends on # of weeks in the month)

I DC: Every time I wash

I clarify every_2 months_with: Suave Clarifying Shampoo

I do other things such as cowashing, prepoo etc:[/QUOTE] I hardly ever cowash. I don't really have the need for it in my regimen. I prepoo the night before each wash using Chicoro's prepoo mix. Details of my regimen is in a blog post in my profile.

Why: This schedule is what usually works for me, and I adjust depending on my workload at the time.

FlowerHair

Reclaiming my time
I wash: 1-2 times a week

I DC: I condition for around 10 mins after every wash while I detangle the hair, that's all

I clarify every_____with: I don't clarify

I do other things such as cowashing, prepoo etc: nothing

cutenss

I wash: 1-2x a month

I DC: 4x a month with steam

I clarify once every with month: ORS Aloe Shampoo

I do other things such as cowashing, prepoo etc: I cowash 6-8 x a month. I prepoo a couple times a month. I am not real consistant with that.

Truth

I wash:
4xs a month...IF THAT sometimes I don't..

I DC:
whenever I wash... so 4xs a month..If I happen to wash..lol

I clarify every_____with: suave... I clairfy once a month IF THAT...

co wash daily to every other day due to excercise . Sometimes I can push it longer...

pretty much.... unless it's a co wash.. I'm on an IF THAT basis..lol

Barbara

Princess
My regimen is very simple, which means less manipulation.

Wash: No more than twice a month
Deep Condition: No more than twice a month
Clarify: A few times a year

That's it.

Last edited:

orangepeel

I wash: 2x per week

I DC: Once a week

I clarify every_____with: I don't when I don't have extensions in, my hair seems balanced. If I wear extensions, I will clarify after I take them down.

I do other things such as cowashing, prepoo etc: I prepoo once a week.

Why? I have found this is what works for me after a lot of trial and error trying to get my hair to stay moisturized. So far so good, but I'm trying very hard to listen to my hair vs what I think I should be doing because it works for someone else.

Lita

I Dc/wash entire hair 1x a week.But,I wash/lite condition bang 2-3xs a week because its exposed to the elements all the time/The rest of my hair is up in PS...

Happy Hair Growing!

Evolving78

I wash: weekly 4-5x a month

I DC: same as above

I clarify every__30-60 days___with: nubian kinks herbal cleanser

I do other things such as cowashing, prepoo etc: i cowash daily

TLC1020

Shampoo and deep condition 4 times a month... Sundays are my hair day to start work week...

lexxi

I wash:
once every two weeks if in a weave

I DC:
every sunday except in the summer every two weeks or as needed

I clarify every_one -two weeks____with:
acv,baking soda mix(if i choose this i do this every two weeks). I rarely use a shampoo if so its just a diluted v05 shampoo

I cowash 3x time during the summer and once everyweek in the other seasons

GloriousPraise

Shampoo and DC: Once a week
Clarify: Once a month (Suave)
Pre poo: Twice a month

Why: I use a lot of moisturizers and oils, and I exercise frequently and sweat like a mad crazy woman. This routine is simple enough for me to maintain and helps with any build up.

destine2grow

I shampoo 4x a month! I dc 12x a month! I clarify 2x a month! I also co wash 2x a week! Prepoo with every wash!

I'm in the process of trying to use up my products!

MissMusic

and why?... I have found that I only need to deep condition once a month, so I stopped doing so weekly. I pre-poo with ceramide oils because my hair behaves better that way, I have little to no tangling as a result. I need to clarify once a month because I use cones and I co-wash because either the hairstyle I have chosen does not last the full week and I need to wash to reset or because I exercise 5-6 days a week and I just feel like my hair has gotten soo dirty that week that I need to co-wash.

I wash: Once or twice a week

I DC: Once a month

I clarify every__month___with: Organic Root Stimulator Creamy Aloe Shampoo

I do other things such as cowashing, prepoo etc: I pre-poo with oil every week, and I co-wash as necessary once a week.

TaraDyan

Natural again ... this time for good!
I wash: once a week

I DC: once a week

I clarify once a month with: knock-off version of Nexxus Aloe Rid

I do other things such as cowashing, prepoo etc: sometimes, I will co-wash just once in the middle of the week, but not often because it has been too cold for alladat.

Now ask me these questions again in the summer, and the answers will be different. :yep:

Naturalhaven

I wash: once a week/ 4 or 5x a mth

I DC: once a week/ 4 or 5x a mth

I clarify every_____with: Once a mth with Suave clarifying shampoo

I do other things such as cowashing, prepoo etc: I prepoo with a hot oil treatment of mixture of oils normally hot six, evoo, and castor oil.

ms-gg

Aka frostoppa
I wash: 1-2 times a month on average

I DC: I leave AHSR conditioner in my hair for 30-40 minutes every time I wash my hair.

I clarify every_____with: I don't. I don't like stripped hair.

I do other things such as cowashing, prepoo etc: I prepoo, dilute my poo with water and add peppermint oil and tea tree oil, and wash in twisted sections.

SuchaLady

I wash: 1x per week

I DC: 1x per week

I clarify every_____with: I dont

I do other things such as cowashing, prepoo etc: Nothing at all

faithVA

I wash: Weekly or every two weeks; depends on my style and my schedule. I want to try washing in twist and if it works will wash weekly. Still scared to try it.

I DC: Every time I shampoo. My hair needs the extra moisture.

I clarify every_____with: Don't

I do other things such as cowashing, prepoo etc: I prepoo if I have a twist out from mini twists. It helps the twists unravel so I can detangle before I shampoo.

sj73

I wash: Once a week

I DC: Everytime I wash

I clarify every month with: Pantene Clarifying shampoo or Nexxus Clarifying shampoo

I do other things such as cowashing, prepoo etc: Only only wash, condition, moisturize and seal.

cheryl26

i wash and condition every other day
i deep condition about once a week
i don't clarify or do anything else

Bnster

I wash: 4 times a month

I DC: Every wash

I clarify every_____with: When my hair feels like it - maybe 1 once a month or every 2 months. Product used - Curls Clarifier.

I always prepoo w/ my oil mixture night before.
If I have the time, will do a protein treatment (try to do this weekly) (Aphogee 2 min or VO5 Protein creme treatment), DC with a WheatGerm Oil and rinse out with Porosity Control and ACV (weekly).

leiah

I wash: 1x a week

I DC: 1x a month

I clarify every_____with: my regular shampoo is always on the stronger more clarifying end of sulfate free. I would only use something stronger if I had a lot of buildup which rarely happens. I don't use moisturizing shampoos at all

I do other things such as cowashing, prepoo etc: I cowash daily. I oil rinse once every week or two

lovenharmony

ET / OT Bonafide Member
I wash: 4x a month with any ol shampoo

I DC: with Joyce Williams Leave In Miracle treatment

I clarify every_____with: Clarify when needed with clarifying shampoo

I do other things such as cowashing, prepoo etc: I preepoo with yoghurt when I need a bit more conditioning

I try to keep it simple :yep: