Prepoo and cowash

yellagirl730

Do you all think it is beneficial to prepoo and the cowash, or would that be to much? I am sitting with the prepoo in my hair now and thought maybe it would also help to cowash. TIA

That seems like a lot. Are you experiencing any dryness? I don't see any problem with it, but doing it too often might cause moisture overload. What I usually do is prepoo overnight and then rinse in the morning. It allows the conditioner to penetrate my hair longer then if I did a cowash.

I use to do it but now I've kicked it up a notch and instead of pre poo'ing I dry DC (always) and then co wash...I agree with beauty bandit keep an eye on your moisture/protein balance:yep:

I do the same thing as Nix. DC on dry hair for a few hours, rinse and cowash. Been doing it daily for months with no problem, but I do make sure to dc with light protein often. Or you could add a little bit of Neutral Protein Filler to your cowash conditioner once a week or so. :yep:

I use to do it but now I've kicked it up a notch and instead of pre poo'ing I dry DC (always) and then co wash...I agree with beauty bandit keep an eye on your moisture/protein balance:yep:

I do all three. Pre poo, deep conditioner on top, rinse it out as a co wash (then oil rinse). Its actually very short process b/c its streamlined. I dn't have to get in and out of shower. Most (90%) of the work is done before I get under the water. It makes for a very moisturized experience once a week :yep:

That seems like a lot. Are you experiencing any dryness? I don't see any problem with it, but doing it too often might cause moisture overload. What I usually do is prepoo overnight and then rinse in the morning. It allows the conditioner to penetrate my hair longer then if I did a cowash.

This is going to sound dumb, but I can't really tell when my hair feels dry. I did a Aphogee protein treatment a week before my last relaxer so I am trying to make sure it has enough moisture.

@virtuenow can I be incredibly lazy and ask how does one do an oil rinse?

@Nix08 It is the process of wetting your hair, applying oil (my preference is castor oil) and then rinsing it w/hot water. The oil infuses in your hair for the most moisture I've ever felt my hair get. Here is the link that made it popular http://www.longhaircareforum.com/showthread.php?t=150965. There are many ways to do it, but this should give you an idea on how to do it. Either way, its a quick addition to your hair routine, I onlly leave mine on a minute or less total.

This is the pre poo I use: http://www.longhaircareforum.com/showthread.php?t=509482&page=10

Last edited:
Back