DC After Prepoo

2ndsbetter

Hello!

Quick question. If you prepoo with conditioner, oils & honey (Patchouli85's mix, for example) do you STILL deep condition after you rinse the prepoo and wash?

TIA

greenandchic

I almost always DC after washing - especially if I use shampoo. The only time I don't DC is when I'm running out of time.

frizzy

Yes, because a lot of times my prepoo is cheap conditioner that I used to detangle my hair with. If I have a lot of products in the hair I shampoo then DC.

If my hair is not loaded with product, I will DC in dry hair, rinse and call it a day.

DominicanBrazilian82

Absolutely! My prepoo consists of something massaged into my scalp (AVG, oils) and a dry DC with heat. I then Co-wash or Poo, and DC on wet hair with heat. I would DC everyday if I had the time.

Sent from my iPhone using LHCF

faithVA

Yes if I shampoo I DC even if I do a prepoo. The prepoo is to help out the shampoo but it isn't the same as conditioning for my hair.

NappyNelle

Kinky Coily 4A, Fine Strands, WSL
My pre-poo is usually an oil mix, followed by DCing on dry hair, then shampooing. If I did a dry DC session (which would be like your mix), I may DC again with another conditioner. Some days I really drag out the washing and conditioning process out of sheer laziness. :)

How does your feel after you shampoo? If it feels a little dry because of the poo, then you can do a quick, light condition after.

JBunnie

I DC every time I shampoo. My pre-poo is oils so it doesn't have to same effect on my hair as the DC. Plus the shampoo cleans all the oils out anyway, the conditioner is washed out too but it's not the same since there isn't detergent (plus I never really wash the conditioner out all the way as I do with the pre-poo and shampoo.

claud-uk

^^ this. I always DC after, whether I wash with poo or do a cowash. I treat the pre-poo and the DC as two different treatments.

havilland

Magical Mythical Princess
if i prepoo with heat and a real conditioner, not a cheap one or just oils...then i do not dc after i shampoo

if i just apply oils or a cheap conditioner to detangle, then i dc after i shampoo.