Preparing For Transitioning - Simple Hairstyles To Do.

SincerelyJouet

I am preparing for transitioning and would like to know the easiest and most simple hairstyles to do without doing the BC. I am new to all of this, and the soft bun seems to be one of the only styles without putting stress or heat on the hair. The photo attached is my hair relaxed and flat ironed. I do want to go at least 6 months without any heat for sure. But I'd like to manage my hair where it is easy to deal with. Any suggestions? It may not look like it in the photo, but according to my hairdresser, I have A LOT of hair on my head. LOL. I told her I wanted to grow my relaxer out and she told me, 'OMG, GOD BLESS YOU.' LOL. But any suggestions will most likely help. Thanks!

Attachments

• Me.jpg
    Me.jpg
    64.7 KB · Views: 25

bibirockz

SincerelyJouet I'd have to say braidouts (with your own hair) I'm transitioning as well and so far I'm I did braidouts to cover the two textures. You can still rollerset, depends if you use heat or not u can choose to straighten your hair afterwards or just leave it as it out of the rollers. I'm not sure if you're into wigs, I wasn't really into it but I conrowed my hair last week and wore one last week.You can also braid your hair in plaits or use extensions HTH.

LaFemmeNaturelle

Braidouts are my staple style and I've worn them throughout my hair journey (I'm now 11 months post). Twistouts and bantu knot outs and straw sets are cute on OTHER people but I just have not mastered twistouts or bantus so I stick to braidouts and buns. Right now I'm in box braids so thats also another option. You can add weave or not. There are tons of youtube videos, you can do a search "transitioning without bc" or "transitioning from relaxed to natural". There's a transitioning without the bc support thread on here and also a transitioners support thread. Here's a link to the second one http://www.longhaircareforum.com/ha...-new-*2010*-transitioners-support-thread.html I'm too lazy to search to the first thread.

Nina Pruitt is the only youtuber I can think of right now but if you do a search you will find alot.

DDTexlaxed

TRANSITION OVER! 11-22-14
I'm doing a double french braid. I'm no longer using heat on my hair for the rest of my transition. I am close to 4 months post and I am happy that I found a way to not manipulate my hair anymore!

Mook's hair

You will help yourself greatly if you know how to braid, cornrow & twist your own hair.

I have cornrowing tutorials on YT and would be happy to help you if you don't know how to do it.
Braidouts will make transitioning a lot easier.