Preacher's Exes Reality Show!

Prudent1

Nope...got enough foolishness around me IRL.:dighole: I'd rather have dry, crunchy hair with severe split ends (yeah it's that deep- reality shows :barf: ).

mensa

I.am.so.sick.of.this.mess!

Will foolishness like this ever end? It is like they are trying to make the church look so bad. :sad:

FriscoGirl

All money is not good money. I will not be watching and I hope enough backlash happens were it never makes it to prime time.

Dellas

What did I just watch.
Why people pimping black women and their emotions even gay black men pimp them

Shimmie

"God is the Only Truth -- Period"
Staff member
I couldn't get past the 1st episode of LA Preachers.

The only part I wanted to see was how the Pastor ministered to one of his former members who has a sex change (female to male). The Pastor was very warm and loving, and remained true to the Word of God. After that, I was done with the show. Too much of too much going on and nothing about the Word being ministered.

As for this new show about the 'exes'. I can't even put the word exes in caps ....:nono:

Shimmie

Staff member
I pray this show never airs.

I agree yodie... I so agree.

I watched the video last night and I.... I.... I... Just... I :nono: I just don't understand the point they're trying to make. What they are doing now, is because they 'chose' to, not because of a failed marriage to anyone, be it a Minister or Non-Minister. They have chosen to be this way.

Goodness Me... they're 'tatted', one is shaved bald, they out there booty popping, getting hugged up by gay men with hugs that look more sensuous than a hug of consolation. Dem' men seem to be 'not so gay' all up on them women that way. Just sayin' :nono:

And see this is what I mean when I share that gay men are sexually confused because of being molested at some point in their lives. Yet, their real 'gender' role has been suppressed and it comes to surface when they are around women; and I not calling them 'bi' as there is no such thing as bi. The truth is that the true nature of one's gender, born male or female with their correct anatomy, is surfacing. The other pattern is a deceiving spirit.

This show is just a mess of confusion which God is no part of. :nono:

curlytwirly06

I couldn't get past the 1st episode of LA Preachers.

The only part I wanted to see was how the Pastor ministered to one of his former members who has a sex change (female to male). The Pastor was very warm and loving, and remained true to the Word of God. After that, I was done with the show. Too much of too much going on and nothing about the Word being ministered.

As for this new show about the 'exes'. I can't even put the word exes in caps ....:nono:

I am curious as to what he said, can you quote it?

yodie

Shimmie, I couldn't believe this video when I aired it. If it had that effect on me, imagine how God feels. Like you said, what they are doing in this video is by choice, not because of a failed relationship. Really, I wonder who these "preachers/ex-husbands" are. I didn't recognize any of the last names. This show is another crafty trick of the enemy and those giving him place that may even profess Christianity, all in an effort to stain the body.

Shimmie

Staff member
I am curious as to what he said, can you quote it?

:wave: Hi Curlytwirly,

This is not verbatim, okay? :yep:

First, I remember Pastor Jay (Haslip) sp? and his wife were having a discussion prior to meeting with 'April' who had contacted Pastor Jay to meet with him. They were both conflicted about the transformation where they both acknowledged that it was not something they would advocate yet they did not want to shun 'April' or to make her feel rejected. Pastor Jay and his wife shared how 'April' was always a nice person and they cared about her.

When Pastor Jay met with 'April', he didn't expect the transformation to be as striking. "April's" physical transformation was masculine enough that no one would ever recognize her as 'April', let alone as a female.

They walked and talked outside for a little while (of course there was editing in the time span). I don't remember the conversation verbatim (word for word), but I do remember Pastor Jay asking 'April' what could he do to help. "April" answered, 'You can call me 'David'. Pastor Jay told 'April' that she was still welcome to come to their Church anytime.

This was a very awkward moment for each of them. Personally, I do not feel that Pastor Haslip 'back peddled'; he was treading upon the waters, seeking God for wisdom in how to handle this. I believe his focus was to not lose "April" as a Believer in Christ. He didn't want to put up a wall between 'April' and Jesus. He started the entire meeting allowing "April" to open up and Pastor Haslip 'listened' as a very tender and loving Pastor.

He did not validate the 'change', yet he did not throw 'April' under the bus. But Curly, he still said something that I felt was 'marginal' (a statement that the transgender supporters would take out of context which was something like this:

“It won’t be easy for me, but it’s not about what’s easy for me, it’s about what’s right in the eyes of God.”

*Sigh* :nono: This is what I 'hate' about these shows. The twisting of God's Word to fit their agenda. They misuse / twist the term of God's judgment as a defense rather than a conviction of the sin. :nono:

That was the only thing in this show to me worth watching at the time; as I wanted to 'see' how it was displayed on TV. I still would have preferred that Pastor Haslip had been given 'freedom' to share the Truth.

I stopped watching soon after this episode. I lost interest.

Shimmie

Staff member
@Shimmie, I couldn't believe this video when I aired it. If it had that effect on me, imagine how God feels. Like you said, what they are doing in this video is by choice, not because of a failed relationship. Really, I wonder who these "preachers/ex-husbands" are. I didn't recognize any of the last names. This show is another crafty trick of the enemy and those giving him place that may even profess Christianity, all in an effort to stain the body.

yodie, I thank you and thank God for you, for sharing and keeping us aware. :love2:

You know what? I used to think that all Churches were perfect. I did, Yodie, and I had a tendency to 'avoid' what's really happening out there.

However, God wants us fully aware so that satan cannot deceive us. We have to be aware so that we can know where to yield to prayer. :yep: