pebbles

crlsweetie912 said:
Please pray for me as I have been depressed for the past couple of weeks. It seems as if nothing is going right for me. I have headaches every day and all I want to do is sleep. I know God hasn't forgotten me, but the things that have been happening lately have left me feeling kind of hopeless. I know that God has a plan for my life if I hold on to His hand and be steadfast. Things are really hard for me right now and I need to get back to a place of peace. Especially pray for my children. My middle son is having a lot of trouble in school and every avenue that I seek help in is another door shut in my face. I don't want him to fall so far behind that he can't recover.

TIA.

For your son, cover him with your prayers every morning before he goes off to school. Plead the blood of Jesus over him, and pray that he would find favor in the eyes of the school administrators and the people who need to help him. Continue in your fight to get him help, no matter how many doors are shut in your face. Trust me when I tell you, God has a habit of showing up when all hope is lost, and you think there's no help coming from any direction. Then you'll know without a doubt WHO it was that is deserving of all the credit and praise! :)

As for yourself, sweetie, Jeremiah 29: 11-13 says:

For I know the plans I have for you," declares the LORD, "plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future. 12 Then you will call upon me and come and pray to me, and I will listen to you. 13 You will seek me and find me when you seek me with all your heart.

I know where you are and what you're feeling. It's a tough place to be in, and in that place, it's hard to feel encouraged, but remember the words of the Lord for you! His plans to prosper you and not harm you. This is the time to praise Him and give Him glory, in the middle of the battle. Don't be depressed or in despair. Show the enemy how tough you are in the battle, and that despite everything that's going wrong around you, you KNOW that God is going to show up! The Lord loves it when we excercise our faith in Him in the midst of our troubles. God is faithful, He will come and fix everything that's currently going wrong. Believe it! :kiss:

firecracker

I am requesting a special prayer for my family member whom I have past resentments toward in my heart and mind. I need to deal with those issues today as they obviously are not going away. Hence my neice and nephews/stank family thread from the other day. :ohwell: I pray that I can handle these issues in a diplomatic loving manner. Oh add the coworkers to that prayer for me also please. Shimmieeeeeeeeeee where you be's?:p

Shimmie

"God is the Only Truth -- Period"
Staff member
firecracker said:
I am requesting a special prayer for my family member whom I have past resentments toward in my heart and mind. I need to deal with those issues today as they obviously are not going away. Hence my neice and nephews/stank family thread from the other day. :ohwell: I pray that I can handle these issues in a diplomatic loving manner. Oh add the coworkers to that prayer for me also please. Shimmieeeeeeeeeee where you be's?:p

Hi Babygirl. "Mommie's" right here. {{{ Hugs }}} ;)

I'm home in Florida this week with my family, but still here.

You know what? The peace has always been in your heart. The love and the peace that you chose out of your own free will. But knowing the 'fire' that's in your spirit (for you have strong courage), the devil is only 'testing' you with the same tools and weapons that he thinks still trigger you to anger.

But they no longer 'have' you. They never did. If so, you would not be able to recognize the call for prayer. You are growing, pretty blossom. Yes, the "Fire" (you) are growing. Growing into the beautiful example of change that God wants to show off to the world. You, His babygirl.

There's a big difference between one who is wrong and denies it ** from the one who calls out from her heart for God to move in and move out what does not belong. You called out. ;)

You are in His heart, growing warm, Fire. Your cry for prayer is all the proof that you will ever need that God lives in you, breathes in you and that He is so very proud of you. For what you've done is pushed out what does not belong, making more room in your heart for more of God's love to live inside of you. More love for you to share, for you share so much of yourself with others. You always have.

Shimmie is here and loves you dearly, but more than that, God is here and loving you far more than anyone ever could. Today, you have given Him something to smile about. His daughter, who is "Fire" that warmed His heart in the midst a cold cruel world.

The people you mentioned...they are no biggie anymore, are they? You have better things to focus upon; such as how very much you are loved and thought about. :yep: Feel Better Now? If not, you will. ;)

Loving hugs to you my sister... :kiss:

cocoberry10

Dear Ladies:

This is really hard for me to write, because I don't usually ask for things for myself. However, I need your prayers that God will deliver me from something I have been struggling with for a while.

I know that God has put this on my heart because He is trying to take me to a higher place for His glory. And I also realize that my life has hit a plateau because of this issue. I know that God alone can heal my heart and allow me to prosper. However, I am also praying that I can find someone who can give Godly counsel to me concerning this situation.

Basically, I have a problem with appearances. Not physical appearances, but keeping up appearances. For example, things may not be going well for me, but I'll make others think everything is okay. I just finished graduate school, and I'm still looking for job, but I'm making all my friends think everything is okay, but it's not. God has shown me that keeping things to myself, and letting people believe things is not being truthful. In essence, He's shown me that I am not always honest, and that makes me a "liar" in His eyes. I used to pride myself on being honest, so this is a difficult thing. I know that I should trust others more, and that everyone struggles with something, so I'm not a weirdo.

I am fortunate to have loving Christian parents and siblings, who are wonderful, but I would like someone who is not related to me to talk with. It's not that I don't trust my parents or my sisters, it's just that I would like someone who will pull me up where necessary (my family will tell me about myself, but not the way a non-relative will).

I know my heart needs to change, and I'm trying on my own, but I feel that I need an accountability person. Thank you.

Last edited:

crlsweetie912

pebbles said:
For your son, cover him with your prayers every morning before he goes off to school. Plead the blood of Jesus over him, and pray that he would find favor in the eyes of the school administrators and the people who need to help him. Continue in your fight to get him help, no matter how many doors are shut in your face. Trust me when I tell you, God has a habit of showing up when all hope is lost, and you think there's no help coming from any direction. Then you'll know without a doubt WHO it was that is deserving of all the credit and praise! :)

As for yourself, sweetie, Jeremiah 29: 11-13 says:

For I know the plans I have for you," declares the LORD, "plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future. 12 Then you will call upon me and come and pray to me, and I will listen to you. 13 You will seek me and find me when you seek me with all your heart.

I know where you are and what you're feeling. It's a tough place to be in, and in that place, it's hard to feel encouraged, but remember the words of the Lord for you! His plans to prosper you and not harm you. This is the time to praise Him and give Him glory, in the middle of the battle. Don't be depressed or in despair. Show the enemy how tough you are in the battle, and that despite everything that's going wrong around you, you KNOW that God is going to show up! The Lord loves it when we excercise our faith in Him in the midst of our troubles. God is faithful, He will come and fix everything that's currently going wrong. Believe it! :kiss:
Thank you Pebbles! I am just now seeing this!
Just also keep my son in prayer. He has been diagnosed with sleep apnea and may have to have surgery. TIA!

crlsweetie912

cocoberry10 said:
Dear Ladies:

This is really hard for me to write, because I don't usually ask for things for myself. However, I need your prayers that God will deliver me from something I have been struggling with for a while.

I know that God has put this on my heart because He is trying to take me to a higher place for His glory. And I also realize that my life has hit a plateau because of this issue. I know that God alone can heal my heart and allow me to prosper. However, I am also praying that I can find someone who can give Godly counsel to me concerning this situation.

Basically, I have a problem with appearances. Not physical appearances, but keeping up appearances. For example, things may not be going well for me, but I'll make others think everything is okay. I just finished graduate school, and I'm still looking for job, but I'm making all my friends think everything is okay, but it's not. God has shown me that keeping things to myself, and letting people believe things is not being truthful. In essence, He's shown me that I am not always honest, and that makes me a "liar" in His eyes. I used to pride myself on being honest, so this is a difficult thing. I know that I should trust others more, and that everyone struggles with something, so I'm not a weirdo.

I am fortunate to have loving Christian parents and siblings, who are wonderful, but I would like someone who is not related to me to talk with. It's not that I don't trust my parents or my sisters, it's just that I would like someone who will pull me up where necessary (my family will tell me about myself, but not the way a non-relative will).

I know my heart needs to change, and I'm trying on my own, but I feel that I need an accountability person. Thank you.
Coco, I have struggled with this for a very long time. I have always been the one that people go to for help, cry on my shoulder. I never had a "human" friend/counselor that I could trust and go to. For myself, I realized that God wanted me to see Him as the person who would never fail me and whom I could go to any time of the night or day. When I tried to put this same trust in a human, I was disappointed every time. I am not saying that this is your experience, just sharing mine.

Is there a person of authority at your church who you could trust and go to for guidance? What about your pastor? I know that a lot of pastors are so busy, but I doubt that any one of your church leaders would turn you down. BE BLESSED.

cocoberry10

crlsweetie912 said:
Coco, I have struggled with this for a very long time. I have always been the one that people go to for help, cry on my shoulder. I never had a "human" friend/counselor that I could trust and go to. For myself, I realized that God wanted me to see Him as the person who would never fail me and whom I could go to any time of the night or day. When I tried to put this same trust in a human, I was disappointed every time. I am not saying that this is your experience, just sharing mine.

Is there a person of authority at your church who you could trust and go to for guidance? What about your pastor? I know that a lot of pastors are so busy, but I doubt that any one of your church leaders would turn you down. BE BLESSED.

Thank you crlsweetie912. I agree with you, especially the bolded part. I know that God is trying to do great things in my life, and I know that my problem is my stumbling block. I guess I know that only God can deliver me, but I get frustrated with myself when I continue doing the same thing. I know God is not as upset with me as I am with myself. I want to be able to be a more open person. I have always been private, and that may never change. But God has (through the Holy Spirit) really been putting on my heart that I need to believe in Him so much that no matter how something looks, He will always see me through.

I have a habit of making everything always seem perfect in my life when it's not. I don't have any major problems, but I feel like I do need to trust people a little more than I do now. I feel like God is trying to get me to love my neighbor more. I'm a nice person, but I don't open up to people and that's not Godly. For example, I thought I had a job, but it didn't work out. I haven't told people this. Some of my friends thought I was working there, and I haven't shared with them that I'm not. In this way, God has shown me that I am not being honest with people. In essence, it makes me a liar. I feel like God is trying to get me to lean on others. Not to the extent that I don't always go to God first, but to know that He made people to help with life along the way. Does that clarify? Thank you for your advice.

crlsweetie912

perfect sense coco, that's why I was saying that I didn't think that your case and mine were exactly the same! I understand what you mean about putting off the "image" too. People always ask me how I do it with the 3 boys, I am always at church (early), prepared and look like I have it all together. I think it's an issue with vulnerability as well. Not wanting people to know just how hard you have it, no matter what it is. Showing your chink in the armor.

Last edited:

cocoberry10

crlsweetie912 said:
perfect sense coco, that's why I was saying that I didn't think that your case and mine were exactly the same! I understand what you mean about putting off the "image" too. People always ask me how I do it with the 3 boys, I am always at church (early), prepared and look like I have it all together. I think it's an issue with vulnerability as well. Not wanting people to know just how hard you have it, no matter what it is. Showing your chink in the armor.

I couldn't have said it better myself. That's exactly what the Lord has been showing me about myself. By not allowing people to see my vulnerabilities, they really can't get to know me. And I feel God's loving but firm hand on my shoulders telling me that I need to change. I also feel like He is trying to show me that by making everything always seem okay, I'm denying Him, because it's like I don't ever need God to fix things for me (and I know that's far from true).

cheeks23

Please pray for me. The devil is trying to knock me down. He tries one way and fails, but he keeps coming back. I need strength from the Lord in order to push through. Please keep me and my family in your prayers. Thank you.

mblake8

Please pray for strong holds to be broken off of my life. God has blessed me so much its crazy. He answers all my prayers. The thing that is holding me back is me. I need to break this spirit of laziness and lack of self disipline in my life.Its stopping me from reaching many of my goals. If anyone has any scriptures in this area for me to meditate on please PM me. Thanks!

shalom

Since I'm fasting today with Star, I'll be sure to pray for you guys.

"If God be for me, who can be against me" No one.:)

Shimmie

Staff member
mblake8 said:
Please pray for strong holds to be broken off of my life. God has blessed me so much its crazy. He answers all my prayers. The thing that is holding me back is me. I need to break this spirit of laziness and lack of self disipline in my life.Its stopping me from reaching many of my goals. If anyone has any scriptures in this area for me to meditate on please PM me. Thanks!

As Paul said to Timothy, "Stir up the gift that is in you..."

Angel, a wonderful gift you are and a wealth of gifts you have within. That's the only reason for your 'stand-still'. Your gifts are overflowing and there's only one of you...;) Ask God to sort them for you and fire you up to put them into action. He will. Just for you...He will. ;)

carpediem628

Ladies (and gentleman),

Please lift my teenage son up to the Lord in prayer. He is truly rebellious and defiant and I am very afraid for him. He wants to be grown and ghetto so bad that he is willing to risk his freedom to do so.

He lives with his father now, but I am extremely concerned for him because he just does not seem to respond to punishment or consequences. He was raised in a good home, but so desires to be like his cousins who live in the ghetto (no offense because some of them are angels and are doing much better than my son). I just mean that its like he has something to prove to them because he did not share that experience and is somewhat priveledged. He has absolutely no reason to want to get into drugs or to drop out of school, yet he gravitates towards all of the horrible things that others had no choice but to experience.

I know that God has great plans for my son's life because it was revealed to me in a dream when my son was very small, but right now, I am at a loss. All I can do is pray for him now, and I ask that you do the same.

His name is Markeith.

star

Have a meeting on this day that can change my life or begin a change to my life; need your prayers desperately. If you are able to fast and pray all or part of the day I would grealty appreciate it. If you can fast and pray any day before that, that will be fine too. If you cannot fast and prayer just say a prayer for me. This day may change my whole life this is my Esther moment when destiny meets purpose. Your power in Jesus will help to increase my favor that day. This involves my career direction. Meeting starts in the morning.

Thanks ladies and whatever you can do will be helpful.

zzirvingj

I would like to request some prayer. I seem to get depressed around the same time every year and I feel it coming on right about now.

The stresses I put on myself have been hindering me from making any future plans or goals. I have become so concerned with a fear of dying that I am not living. I think it's cause the person who raised me, my grandmother, the person I called "Mama" passed last Christmas and it was a horrible experience. Now it is about to be the 1 year anniversary of her death.

It is hard because I feel like I have no plans for life and work is wearing me down. I don't feel the desire to get out of the bed and that's real.

pebbles

carpediem628 said:
Ladies (and gentleman),

Please lift my teenage son up to the Lord in prayer. He is truly rebellious and defiant and I am very afraid for him. He wants to be grown and ghetto so bad that he is willing to risk his freedom to do so.

He lives with his father now, but I am extremely concerned for him because he just does not seem to respond to punishment or consequences. He was raised in a good home, but so desires to be like his cousins who live in the ghetto (no offense because some of them are angels and are doing much better than my son). I just mean that its like he has something to prove to them because he did not share that experience and is somewhat priveledged. He has absolutely no reason to want to get into drugs or to drop out of school, yet he gravitates towards all of the horrible things that others had no choice but to experience.

I know that God has great plans for my son's life because it was revealed to me in a dream when my son was very small, but right now, I am at a loss. All I can do is pray for him now, and I ask that you do the same.

His name is Markeith.

Father, in the name of Jesus, we lift up Markeith before you. Lord, the enemy is on special assignment against the children of believers. Lord, we turn Markeith over to you. You created him, and we ask You, right now, to seize him and turn him away from the path of destruction he's on. If You must bring him low to raise him high, let Your will be done. But Father, we claim him for Your kingdom. In the name of Jesus, we ask that ungodly friends be moved away from him. Make Markeith grow tired and weary of the path he is currently travelling. Give him a restlessness in his spirit to accomplish more than what he sees currently in his life.

Father, I ask that You would strengthen his mother to pray more fervently and with more urgency. Let her not grow weary or faint, but encourage her daily to seek You and Your will for the life of her son.

We pray this way, in Jesus' name. Amen.

Be blessed!! :rosebud:

pebbles

star said:
Have a meeting on this day that can change my life or begin a change to my life; need your prayers desperately. If you are able to fast and pray all or part of the day I would grealty appreciate it. If you can fast and pray any day before that, that will be fine too. If you cannot fast and prayer just say a prayer for me. This day may change my whole life this is my Esther moment when destiny meets purpose. Your power in Jesus will help to increase my favor that day. This involves my career direction. Meeting starts in the morning.

Thanks ladies and whatever you can do will be helpful.

You, my dear Star, shall NOT be forgotten! I will be fasting and praying for you on the 21st, and I believe that you shall be victorious! I claim it for you, in Jesus' name!! Be blessed, sweetie!! :kiss:

pebbles

zzirvingj said:
I would like to request some prayer. I seem to get depressed around the same time every year and I feel it coming on right about now.

The stresses I put on myself have been hindering me from making any future plans or goals. I have become so concerned with a fear of dying that I am not living. I think it's cause the person who raised me, my grandmother, the person I called "Mama" passed last Christmas and it was a horrible experience. Now it is about to be the 1 year anniversary of her death.

It is hard because I feel like I have no plans for life and work is wearing me down. I don't feel the desire to get out of the bed and that's real.

Sweetie, I know how hard it is to lose a loved one. Especially one who is like a parent. And to lose her around the holiday has got to be the hardest thing of all.

But think for a moment. If your grandmother could see you now, what would she say to you? Allow me, for just a moment, to guess what she would say and what she would want you to do.

She would remind you of how much she loved you. She would remind you of how much she wanted you to do with your life, and the goals she would love to see you reach. She knew you were destined for a wonderful, prosperous life, and she would be pushing you to reach for that destiny with all your strength.

We all have a mission on this earth, and once we're done, the Lord calls us home. Her time was up, but she left a wonderful legacy in you. Do your best to live up to your dreams. She may not be able to see you, but live as if she could see you. Make her proud.

There is a time to weep and mourn, and your time is quickly coming to an end. It's time to pick up the pieces and move forward. Make her proud of the woman she left behind.

Heavenly Father,

Thank-you for the life of this beautiful young woman! Lord, she's hurting and she's lost her way and her will to live. But You are The God of restoration and second chances. You have a plan for her life. Reveal it to her, and let her be reminded that no matter who is moved in and out of her life, YOU are still in control of all things!

Father, I thank-you in advance for how You're going to quicken her desire to live a full and happy life. As she enters into 2007, bring fresh revelation to her. Bring people after Your own heart into her life. Give her a new mindset. In Jesus name, we rebuke the spirit of depression and command it to loose it's hold on her and set her free! We declare that her mind is stayed and focused on YOU!

Dry her tears, dust her off, and stand her up, Lord! We know, trust, and believe that YOU can do it! We say Kingdom of God come, Will of God be done in her life. In the Mighty Name of Jesus we pray, Amen.

I believe that you will be well. You're not here by mistake. You exist because God wanted you to exist. You will be victorious, and you will go on to live a happy and prosperous life. Be at peace, and know that your destiny in Jesus awaits you!! Be blessed!! :rosebud:

Proudpiscean

I am embarking on a difficult journey that I know I will need the Lord to help me accomplish. I am trying to get into graduate school! It may seem small, but it is in fact a difficult task (especially as a single parent). I pray to God for the resolve & determination to do what it takes to get into school and to complete it successfully. Please send up prayers for me.

tallnomad

Please pray for me and my family. We will be traveling to Egypt later today with a stop off in Amsterdam. Please pray for our traveling grace overseas, throughout our trip and as we make our way back home in the next two weeks.

Thank you.

baby42

l
please for my two childrend to stop drinking and for me to get closer to GOD AND FOR MY FAMILY TO MOVE IN A HOME AND TO FIND SOMEONE WHO PUTS GOD AS NUMBER ONE IN HIS LIFE THANK YOU:) AND I PRAY THAT EVERYONE IS BLESS

Angelicus

I just started a new job and believe that many of my co-workers have a great disdain for me because of a misunderstanding. Also, since this is a sales job that includes recruiting students, I have to maintain a quota. Please pray that I continue to have God's strength and protection as I continue my training. (Psalm 91).

AmyInAtl

I need to be on this prayer list.
I am having a really difficult time in my life and marriage. I sacrificed not working to conceive girls, for my husband, now he's acting a total fool. The devil wants to be victorious over my relationship, I do not want him to win. He keep coming at us with so much evil, for my husband, that it is. With him having emotional relationships with women online. I desperately need to pray and be prayed for. I have a heart ailment, that the doctor, told me last year, they would need to operate on my beating heart for 6 hours to correct the problem. I trusted and prayed to GOD. I received a prayer miracle. My heart has not bothered me. They say i dont need the operation now. But my husband is stressing me so bad, my heart is just plain overwhelmed, I do not want to be sick again. Please pray that GOD delivers my life from this stressful situation. i would like to save my marriage, but ultimately, I accept, what the LORDs will is for my life.
Thank you very much. may GOD bless us all.

bludacious

I asked that you ladies please pray for me. I am a contractor and my job is set to end at the end of February. I have one particular job that I am seeking but I am not limiting myself to that job. I feel it is God sent. I asked that you pray for a job for me, strength, stronger in faith, and patience.

Be Blessed,
Blu

Shimmie

Staff member
SophiaRose said:
I need to be on this prayer list.
I am having a really difficult time in my life and marriage. I sacrificed not working to conceive girls, for my husband, now he's acting a total fool. The devil wants to be victorious over my relationship, I do not want him to win. He keep coming at us with so much evil, for my husband, that it is. With him having emotional relationships with women online. I desperately need to pray and be prayed for. I have a heart ailment, that the doctor, told me last year, they would need to operate on my beating heart for 6 hours to correct the problem. I trusted and prayed to GOD. I received a prayer miracle. My heart has not bothered me. They say i dont need the operation now. But my husband is stressing me so bad, my heart is just plain overwhelmed, I do not want to be sick again. Please pray that GOD delivers my life from this stressful situation. i would like to save my marriage, but ultimately, I accept, what the LORDs will is for my life.
Thank you very much. may GOD bless us all.
To God be the glory...so shall it be done here on earth in your husband's heart, as it is in Heaven. Your husband shall behave as if he were in God's presence and not alone online, without moditoring. The devil is a liar. And from this moment on, God is in control and His will shall prevail and it shall be done in your husband's heart and in your marriage as well as in your health. In Jesus' name, Amen.

Shimmie

Staff member
bludacious said:
I asked that you ladies please pray for me. I am a contractor and my job is set to end at the end of February. I have one particular job that I am seeking but I am not limiting myself to that job. I feel it is God sent. I asked that you pray for a job for me, strength, stronger in faith, and patience.

Be Blessed,
Blu
Lady Blu, I've prayed for you too. You needn't fear for God's provision is here and shall be seen crystal clear. You will never be in lack. Every need is met beyond that which you have prayed and beyond what you expect.

In Jesus' name...Amen. ;)

Shimmie

Staff member
anky said:
I just started a new job and believe that many of my co-workers have a great disdain for me because of a misunderstanding. Also, since this is a sales job that includes recruiting students, I have to maintain a quota. Please pray that I continue to have God's strength and protection as I continue my training. (Psalm 91).
I just saw this and I hope that all is well. I pray that it will continue to flow in the order that God has called it to be. For no weapon formed against you shall prosper and nothing shall by any means hurt you.

Can anything good come from the book of Job? Hmmmmm, in Job 5, it says that 'they will not be able to perform their interprise.' and also, '...you shall be hid from the scourge of the tongue.'

The key issue is the threat upon you having financial resources. That has never stopped our Father God nor will it ever. This job is not your Destiny... instead, a bridge crossing to something better...beyond.

In God's perfect timing and provision, you will move on and you will move on in total peace and clear direction from our Father above...surrounded by His love.

God bless you and don't be afraid to succeed beyond where you are.;)

Shimmie

Staff member
tiffcurl said:
Please pray for me and my family. We will be traveling to Egypt later today with a stop off in Amsterdam. Please pray for our traveling grace overseas, throughout our trip and as we make our way back home in the next two weeks.

Thank you.
Hi Tiff... you have been in my prayers long before this post; never the less, I thank God for blessing you and keeping you safe no matter where you go. God bless you and I'm sorry that I did not see your post sooner.

I love you, precious sister...;)

Ms Red

Please pray for me and my mother. I have been helping her financially since my dad passed away over 2 yrs ago and now she is in desperate need of a financial blessing to keep her house. I have asked her to come up here to stay with me for a while to get her mind off of the situation and also look for work since there's barely any work since Rita hit my hometown.

Also, please pray for my BF, he is going through a rough time and is a believer and attends church and I know God wants to move in His life.

Thanks.