Praise Report re. my brother and a shooting during a funeral at his church....

PaperClip

My mom told me about this situation today.... My brother is a musician (organist) at a church in Portland, Oregon.

Today his church hosted (meaning the family (not church members) rented the church for the funeral). My brother usually plays for the funerals but for whatever reason, he did not play for this funeral and therefore he was not at church.

As noted in this story at the link http://seattlepi.nwsource.com/local/391958_funeral13.html)

a reported gang member (the deceased was a gang member) came to the funeral home and fired several shots. One person was wounded. Thankfully, no one died.

I thank the Lord for preserving my brother's life and for His protection over my family. There is no distance in prayer. My mom said my brother was a bit shook up about it but she told him to just thank the Lord.

ClassicChic

Our society is in such chaos right now. Sad to say that this is about the 4th-5th story I have heard in regards to a shooting at a funeral.

Thankfully your brother is okay.

Shimmie

"God is the Only Truth -- Period"
Staff member
Praise God for your testimony and God's protection over your brother's life. God truly watches over His own.

God bless you and I'm so sorry that I missed this thread of yours. I praise God that you and your loved ones have a wonderful and continually safe life as well as this holiday. For though a thousand may fall by your side and ten thousand by your right hand, it (no harm or danger) shall not come nigh you or your loved ones.

God bless you and please give your brother a great big hug. I am so happy for you and your family. :bighug:

There is a Scripture that says:

O that men would praise The Lord,
for His wonderful works to the children of men!

Foxy, when I read your testimony of how our Lord kept your DB from being harmed and the others from being seriously harmed, I felt chills within my body.

What a mighty God we serve!!!!!!!!!!