Possible Defective Caruso Steam Rollers

byrdmail

After reading threads on steam rollers, I was really psyched and yesterday, I purchased the Caruso Steam Rollers. As directed, I put the water in it and plugged it in. I barely saw any steam. When I put a roller on the steam spout, the roller did not feel warm or anything. I think I purchased a lemon. Is there supposed to be a lot of steam coming out of the spout and how is the roller supposed to feel? Thanks.

maryj1584

yea, I think that there is alot of steam supposed to be comming out of the spout. I have the vidal sasoon ones and a lot of steam does come out of the spout, and the roller gets hot, maybe you should take this back.

Mizani_Mrs

Yes unfortunately you bought a lemon. After you sit the roller on the steamer for about 8secs, the roller should be hot and if you squeeze it, it would be slightly damp and spongy. Gurl take it back and demand a replacement!!!

Feli

The same thing happened to me a couple of weeks ago. Actually mine had no steam at all, I left it plugged in for 30 minutes and still no steam. I brought it back and got a new one. I love them.

byrdmail

I found the receipt this morning and will be taking them back tonight. I am really looking forward to using them.

Hi, I am new to the forum, well I have been lurking for a while but I've never posted anything. I have the Caruso Steam Rollers and I have to put salt in the water. It came with a tiny spoon and when I first used the rollers, I didn't put the salt in it and no steam but when I went back and look at my instructions and added the salt, I had steam and they work great. I don't know if you have the same model as I do but I hope you get rollers that work because they do such a great job on your hair.

BrEE

im wondering where you guys bought your steam rollers from?? big lots has them cheaper than most places, thats where i bought mine from. also its suppose to steam up kinda quickly and the one i got from big lots doesnt require salt. i wonder what the salt is suppose to do.

PatTodd

God'schild said:
Hi, I am new to the forum, well I have been lurking for a while but I've never posted anything. I have the Caruso Steam Rollers and I have to put salt in the water. It came with a tiny spoon and when I first used the rollers, I didn't put the salt in it and no steam but when I went back and look at my instructions and added the salt, I had steam and they work great. I don't know if you have the same model as I do but I hope you get rollers that work because they do such a great job on your hair.

That was my first thought too, that you needed to add the salt...although my Caruso rollers are from years ago. If you bought a newer "no-salt" version, maybe you did get a defective set. Sorry.