Ponytail rollerset pic request and techniques

jasminea

I tried my first ponytail rollerset last night with ok results. I was able to limit time under hooded dryer to 20 minutes then went to bed and it was dry the next morning except for where bands were at in hair with minimal indents.

I would love some techniques on how others do their ponytail sets with pics of end results. Mine just did not look as good as my regular rollerset, but then again it is call a "cheat" set so maybe I expected too much.

All the archived post are no longer available so maybe I'm the only one doing ponytail sets but if you are out there please share! :yep:

Q's: 1. What products do you use to set?
2. Do you air dry on hood dry?
3. Do you bump roots to get rid of band marks or do you have another way to blend indent?
4. For those who air dry and sleep in rollers, do you have a method for roller placement that makes sleeping more comfortable?

Thanks LHCF ladies for any help!

amber815

Sorry I don't have any pics...and I was gonna take some yesterday when I did one..
Q's: 1. What products do you use to set? I use Rusk Smoother Leave in and my setting lotion mixture either lottabody/keracare setting lotion, water, fantasia heat protectant

2. Do you air dry on hood dry? under the Pibbs

3. Do you bump roots to get rid of band marks or do you have another way to blend indent? I used to flat itron the roots now i just pincurl and it gets rid of the bumps for me

4. For those who air dry and sleep in rollers, do you have a method for roller placement that makes sleeping more comfortable? it's never going to be truly comfy but i part my hair down the middle so that the ponytails are not directly in the back making sleeping on my back a little more comfortable. I am used to sleeping in rollers though so it doesn't bother me to much.

Hope that helps!

sharifeh

Q's: 1. What products do you use to set?
miracle 7 in 1 leave in (sally's) sally's argan oil
I did one set with chi silk infusion and it came out great too though.

2. Do you air dry on hood dry? both
3. Do you bump roots to get rid of band marks or do you have another way to blend indent?
what does bump the roots mean?
no, I don't really do anything to get rid of them, they do come out eventually though I usually put my hair up after a rollerset though

4. For those who air dry and sleep in rollers, do you have a method for roller placement that makes sleeping more comfortable?
not really, I just end up not sleeping on my back much It's not too comfortable but, it's doable :rolleyes: :lachen:

You can see pics in my fotki, I'll pm you the pword, I do have more recent pics that I haven't put up yet, I'll try to get to that.... :look:

jasminea

4. For those who air dry and sleep in rollers, do you have a method for roller placement that makes sleeping more comfortable? it's never going to be truly comfy but i part my hair down the middle so that the ponytails are not directly in the back making sleeping on my back a little more comfortable. I am used to sleeping in rollers though so it doesn't bother me to much.

Hope that helps!

Great info! I made a point of putting some of the ponytails pretty low and it made sleeping very difficult. Next time I will place them higher and see if that helps. Thanks!

jasminea

Q's:
what does bump the roots mean?
no, I don't really do anything to get rid of them, they do come out eventually though I usually put my hair up after a rollerset though
not really, I just end up not sleeping on my back much It's not too comfortable but, it's doable :rolleyes: :lachen:

You can see pics in my fotki, I'll pm you the pword, I do have more recent pics that I haven't put up yet, I'll try to get to that.... :look:

Bump the roots, I was referring to using a flat iron on the roots. My roots were a little wet where bands were so they flattened quickly once I took band out and combed through them. Don't know if this would be the case if roots actually dried with indent.

I look forward to cheking out your fotki!

lilsparkle825

i am natural and regular rollersetting just doesn't work for me unless i am at the dominican salon. when doing my own rollersets, i have to do the ponytail method to get my roots anywhere near straight. i have done it 3-4 times since the BC, once with cloth rubberbands (left my roots wet) and once with the small black elastic ones...i liked that better because i could just cut them off. i need to practice more, but i don't have the patience. i know i have a few photos in my fotki...i used different products each time. i think the first one came out better.

http://public.fotki.com/lilsparkle825/au-naturel/the-hang-of-it-augu/

http://public.fotki.com/lilsparkle825/au-naturel/mama-i-made-it-june/

1. What products do you use to set?
the first time i used chi silk infusion and water; the next time i used giovanni direct, gvp paul mitchell the conditioner, and a wet denman to smooth out my curls on the rollers. ideally, i would set them with giovanni direct leave-in for hold and chi silk infusion or sabino mb for heat protection.
2. Do you air dry on hood dry?
hood dry
i usually flat iron my roots, but i am trying to perfect the dominican round brush and blow dryer technique.
n/a

wannabelong

1. What products do you use to set? Rusk Smoother leave-in, Chi Silk Infusion, water, lottabody and silk amino acids.
2. Do you air dry on hood dry? sit under a hood dryer - Pibbs
3. Do you bump roots to get rid of band marks or do you have another way to blend indent? Sometimes, I'll flat iron to get rid of the band marks if I'm not being too lazy, otherwise I'll do a saran wrap treatment and that gets rid of the indentions.
4. For those who air dry and sleep in rollers, do you have a method for roller placement that makes sleeping more comfortable? I don't sleep in rollers.

KnottyGurl

subscribing...

I airdry in ponytails to straighten the roots. I blow-dry the hair afterwards. Maybe you can blowdry the roots to get rid of the band marks. Just a thought. :look:

Watching this thread for ponytail rollerset tips too...

Oasis

grabbing life by the pussy
i am natural and regular rollersetting just doesn't work for me unless i am at the dominican salon. when doing my own rollersets, i have to do the ponytail method to get my roots anywhere near straight.

How many ponytails do you use?