Poll: Are you ever going to quit taking vitamins??

Will you ever stop taking vitamin/supplementsfor hair growth?

• Yes, when I get to a certain or desired length

Votes: 19 12.1%
  • Yes, when I run out

Votes: 2 1.3%
  • Yes, I already quit

Votes: 12 7.6%
  • No, not ever

Votes: 81 51.6%
  • I never took them, but I may start

Votes: 6 3.8%
  • I don't know, we'll just have to see

Votes: 37 23.6%

• Total voters

nomoweavesfome

nah! I may slow down later in life on the hair cocktail(Biotin, Ultra Nourish Hair, etc) but I will always take my liquid vitamin MIRACLE 2000 for overall health.

ak46

MizaniMami said:
I was wondering. Are any of you ladies ever going to quit taking vitamins or supplements (for hair growth/softness/moisture)? If so when and why?

Me personally, I can't imagine chugging down these nasty things every night. I just took mines and I almost gagged. I might quit when I get to BSL. What about you ladies?

You know...I feel the same way. BSL is my ultimate goal, so when I reach it, I will no longer need supplements for hair growth. I will just continue to maintain my hair and continue my healthy hair regimen (no/low heat, wash, DC, Co-washes, Pre-poos, moisturize, etc.) minus the vits. I really dislike taking any kind of pills. I will probably continue to take a multi-vitamin though.

leleepop

I wont ever stop....I have ezcema really bad and since Ive been taken them it COMPLETELY went away. I went to a several dermatologist, and all they would do was give me steroid cremes,but it would always come back. I initially were taking them for my hair and noticed the change. I am so happy so I cant stop now. I take a multi,biotin 1000 mcg,and oil smart w/flax,fish,and borage oils.

Last edited:

MizaniMami

leleepop said:
I wont ever stop....I have ezcema really bad and since Ive been taken them it COMPLETELY went away. I went to a several dermatologist, and all they would do was give me steroid cremes,but it would always come back. I initially were taking them for my hair and noticed the change. I am so happy so I cant stop now. I take a multi,biotin 1000 mcg,and oil smart w/flax,fish,and borage oils.

Wow:eek: ! Which ones do you think helped the ezcema? My nephew has ezcema and i am pretty sure my sis would love to hear some options.

BLESSED1

BLESSED1 said:
I'll only quit my multivitamin when I'm able to eat from all of the food groups every day, which prob. happen like Feb 31st...

I do detox from my hair vits like every 3 months though

scratch that, I just quit taking all my hair suppls. since I was breaking out a lot. I upped my protein intake & have been Surging like mad so I should be all set.

leleepop

MizaniMami said:
Wow:eek: ! Which ones do you think helped the ezcema? My nephew has ezcema and i am pretty sure my sis would love to hear some options.
I really think the biotin,but I also read the borage oil was for curing ezcema also. I only take one "oil smart" but the bottle says 2 a day. I dont really like taking vitamins,thats y I only take one oil pill a day but so far so good....so I cant really say for sure, but this is the combo I getting great results from.hth:)

Funny I should see this thread today as I decided this morning that's what I'm going to do. I didn't see any increase in growth when I used them. The only thing that happened is my nails got strong and grew long, but after a while the length of my nails became cumbersome, so I cut them off anyway. So, I think i will stop the vitamins and concentrate on moisturizing my hair and MN-ing my scalp to keep my ends from spitting and my scalp healthy.

Royal Glory

I'm never quitting. I started taking them several years ago before LHCF and I take mega doses (all within safe range) for optimal overall health. The 100% recommended dosages are the minimum recommended requirements for good health. Good hair, skin and nails are a great side benefit.

I've learned over the past couple of years that many supplements can prevent or relieve certain illnesses, symptoms, etc. (You might like to refer to Prescription for Nutritional Healing, 3rd ed) (Paperback) by Phyllis Balch & James Balch). It is a great resource and explains the benefits of each supplement.

JazzyDez

I checked when I get to a certain desired length. I am only referring to like MSM here....I will continue taking multivitamins for life

Aveena

I did noticed that I've reduced some of my dosages... to see what the mimimum/results ratio is... but I will never stop completely.

Sha76

I put never because I don't take vitamins for hair growth, just for health. I figure everything else will fall into place after that.

keluric

All the pills I take have health benefits that go way beyond hair. They'll have to pry my supplements out of my cold, dead hands.

frankie

I began taking the vits for the hair benefits, but they have an array of other benefits as well. I've noticed positive overall health improvement that I don't want to abandon once my hair reaches a certan length.

I only take vits once a day, I don't care if they suggest more than that...that's all I'm commtting to and it works just fine.

smitmarv

I think it is alway a good idea to atleast take a multivitamin because our food just is not as nutrious as it use to be. Since we live in this secular society they don't believe the Bible where is said to let the land rest at certain times and there for our food comes out of exausted ground. Even with all the fertilizer our food is just not what it should be because the ground is exausted. Also all of these hybrids are not as nutritious as the original. Let's not forget all the processed food most of us eat, including myself. So I think it is a good idea to always take vitamins for your overall health not just for your hair.

Curlykale

Yes, I didn't like them. I took a well rounded supplement from the health food store for 3 months and I was always hungry. It was an unnatural hunger and I took it as a warning from my body.
I decided to stop and to completely change the way I ate and cooked, so I now eat a lot of nutritious wholemeal foods and raw vegetables instead. I feel much better than when I was taking vitamins, I lost a little weight and my skin is glowing. This didn't happen with the vitamins, which by the way were from a very good quality brand.
It might have been my fault, as the vitamins gave me an excuse not to eat properly.