Please share your AVEDA SALON experiences!

poookie

Hi All!

Please share your Aveda Salon experiences.

I'm making my appointment for a cut and style this upcoming week, and I'd love any feedback. Thanks!

What service did you get done?
How much did you pay, and was the pricing reasonable?
Were you pleased with your results?

almond eyes

Great experience!!!!! I got a colour. I paid about $120.00 which included colour and treatment.

My hairdresser knew how to handle my natural hair. The only mistake I made was after he was finished, I usually just put my hat on and leave the salon and twist it back up when I get back home but he suggested I put in a new aveda conditioner in my hair as a leave in. I did that but when I got home, my hair was crispy and when I combed it, I lost a 1/4 of hair, but that was in July. Note to self: most conditioners need to be washed out. I learnt, not to allow anyone to put anything in my hair unless I investigated it first so that was my fault and not his though I called him to let him know not to suggest that to any black woman with my type of hair.

Anyhow, I have been to Aveda three times for colour and I have only had positive experiences and no hair breakage. My hair was on the colour scale of 2 and I went up to a 5.

Best,
Almond Eyes

poookie

Thanks for all the responses!

i have an appointment in 2 days at the aveda institute. not a fully fledged salon, but close enough, & much cheaper :lol: i'm a bit nervous, since i have a lot of new growth, & have no intention of getting a relaxer. hopefully it'll come out nice!

sydwrites

I loved my experience. I went to the one by the U St Metro which should be close to you (judging by your location). I'm natural and got a cut, color, and flatiron that I am very pleased with. Nice professional atmosphere, good style, and I was in and out pretty quickly.

Nonie

What service did you get done?

Went in to get my hair shingled since I had achieved a length I was very happy about and wanted to learn how to shingle hands on as another option for styling my hair. I ended up with finger coils I didn't really like and a huge cut instead of a trim. :nono:

How much did you pay, and was the pricing reasonable?

$80. No, the price was not fair at all. Not for the messy do I ended up with. I probably would not have minded paying that for shingling if I had gotten what I asked for.

Were you pleased with your results?

No. I was livid. I had lost more than five inches of hair that I had prior to going there there and got a style that to date is the ugliest do I've ever worn IMO. It's an experience that confirmed to me that no one loves my hair as much as I do and that I don't need anyone to show me how to style my hair.

poookie

I loved my experience. I went to the one by the U St Metro which should be close to you (judging by your location). I'm natural and got a cut, color, and flatiron that I am very pleased with. Nice professional atmosphere, good style, and I was in and out pretty quickly.

yep, that's the one i'm going to! Glad to hear a positive review on the place.

& Nonie i'm so sorry for your bad experience!
Seems like Aveda is good at getting hair straight, but not so good for styling natural hair.

lexiwiththecurls

I went to the Aveda Institute in Atlanta and got my hair straightened and trimmed. Good prices like you said..I had a good experience. It was a white guy that had never done black hair so the token black girl in the school had to help him out and he asked me a few questions as well which I appreciated. I didn't mind because I wasn't in a rush and the price was good

fattyfatfat

bumping this. Im going to the Aveda Salon in the Queens Center Mall, and I would like know if anyone has had a good/bad experience there.